State your profession!

daven

Yeah I can't find them either.  I can't remember who used to have them as well.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm a kindergarten teacher, or whatever the correct term in English is. My kindergarten section has children from 4-5 years old, and I spend my days playing cards, soccer, and going on long hikes with the kids. Basically I just try to spend as much time as possible outdoors - so I can spend the rest of my day in front of the computer/tv with a clean conscience!

I have a bachelor's degree + 2 years of pedagogy.

Edited by Thingolfin
  • Like 2

Yep! I always loved "you lose". :lol:

I always liked "This Thread Sucks" and "Drama!".  "You lose" and "Nice theory" were also good.  Well they were all good I guess.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Drama!" was always my favorite. However, today I needed "Please bury this thread."

I do feel like there are a few missing, probably the ones which are probably not politically correct anymore :(

Anyway, my mortal shell works as a senior business analyst/product owner in a moderate-sized software company these days. I tried to get as far away from programming as I could while still remaining in the industry.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Hey Sammael, welcome back!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm a professor of international relations coasting towards retirement. Meanwhile I try to spend as much of my time as possible on my passions of (not in any particular order) gardening, craft beer, playing cRPGs, and listening to my large collection of CDs.

• Like 1

I do law stuff for the feds. 

am kinda an opposite number to enoch as am doing law stuff to mildly annoy the state.

a wee bit sweary

most days, our profession is to let lou (the government) beat on us 'til he becomes exhausted or so frustrated as to make capitulation a reasonable course o' action.

HA! Good Fun!

ps doesn't pay well but at least we lose the respect o' our professional peers. 

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am kinda an opposite number to enoch as am doing law stuff to mildly annoy the state.

a wee bit sweary

most days, our profession is to let lou (the government) beat on us 'til he becomes exhausted or so frustrated as to make capitulation a reasonable course o' action.

HA! Good Fun!

I do stuff for the people who do law stuff.

a wee bit sweary

HA! Good Fun!

You're a criminal?

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I look at other peoples work and tell them it doesn't work and then listen to them explain to me why it does work.

I am also in QA business

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

But really I do L1-3 support, which is sometimes fun but mostly frustration.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

But really I do L1-3 support, which is sometimes fun but mostly frustration.

Did they try to turn it off an on again?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well first thing I always ask is if they can reproduce it. Because I can't due to my company's terrible documentation I don't know how it works.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well first thing I always ask is if they can reproduce it. Because I can't due to my company's terrible documentation I don't know how it works.

It was reference to this:

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

am kinda an opposite number to enoch as am doing law stuff to mildly annoy the state. a wee bit sweary 

most days, our profession is to let lou (the government) beat on us 'til he becomes exhausted or so frustrated as to make capitulation a reasonable course o' action. HA! Good Fun! ps doesn't pay well but at least we lose the respect o' our professional peers.

You're a criminal?

Aren't we all?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands