State your profession!

daven

Just curious about the backgrounds of some of you folks!

I am an almighty beancounter. This wasn't my intended life however... I sort of fell into it from doing other jobs here and there. We got anyone working on a nuclear sub or something? Still got some whippersnappers left at school?

Doesn't seem like so long ago I was going on these sort of forums when I had my first win95 PC years ago as a teen... funny how time just seems to fly by!

• Like 4

nowt

Doing things no one cares about.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not one hundred percent certain if it is the correct name for it, but I work as a hostler

More simply put, I reverse semi-trailers

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I spend my days trying to angle my monitor at work just right so no one outside my office can see I'm playing OOTP rather than working. When I'm not actually working that is. 

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I make my living as a developer (software). Been doing it for 25+ years. I always wanted to pursue biology, but that sort of never materialized.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If I'm not about to kill customers, then I try to make it possible that hospitals, drugstores and patients at home are getting their meds, and food, and whatever delivered.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

My actual job title is "Environmental Scientist" which I find amusing because it does not describe in the least what I actually do. Plus I think scientists are highly educated  people who make more money than I do and do more important things. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

If everything is going well I do nothing. If everything is pear shaped I have to fix it.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I get paid by George Soros to undermine democracy, and occasionally the white race, by saying things on my twitter account.

Plus I think scientists are highly educated  people who make more money than I do and do more important things.

Well you're half right.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I used to herd cats but these days I just garden and play video games.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used to rule one of the hells, but now I am retired.

:fdevil:

• Like 3

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

What can I say? I don't play CRPGs anymore, and so I drifted away... I actually came today to grab the BISIMGs, I... needed them for something.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

What can I say? I don't play CRPGs anymore, and so I drifted away... I actually came today to grab the BISIMGs, I... needed them for something.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man