I was thinking about a play-through using different warrior archetypes from history... 

Roman/Greek Soldier (Fighter/tactician + Ranger/stalker or sharpshooter... with hunting dog)

Spear/stalkers + Shield/bronlars

Spear/stalkers and Sword/gladiator

Thrown Weapon Mod or Bow

Musketeer (Fighter/blackjack + Rogue/streetfighter

Rapier (Squids)

Rapier and Pistol

Arquebus 

Medieval Knight (Paladin/any + Chanter/Troub  or Paladin/any + Priest/any)

Weapon + Shield

Two Hander

Viking (Barbarian or Fighter + Druid or Fighter + Skald)

Twin weapon

Weapon + Shield when in trouble

Warrior Monk (Monk/helwalker + Priest/woedica or Monk/helwalker + Rogue/trickster)

Fists

Weapon/kapana + Shield/tuotilo when in trouble

Any suggestions on other archetype options (warriors only, which really means no mages or ciphers on this run)?

Any suggestions on refining current lineup?  

Thanks!

Roman/Greek Soldier (Fighter/tactician + Ranger/stalker or sharpshooter... with hunting dog)

Spear/stalkers + Shield/bronlars

Spear/stalkers and Sword/gladiator

Thrown Weapon Mod or Bow

If you're going for like a phalanx thing, it seems like Unbroken is tailor-made for this approach.

Single class devoted + bladed weapon (single-weapon style or like an estoc) seems reminiscent of samurai tropes to me.

As a dane, I'd like to point out that vikings have been misunderstood a lot. We were more helpful neighbors than warriors.

See attachment.

Edit: Your barbarian needs to be a berserker. It's a viking term. Skald is also norse. Means 'poet'. You could make a skald bard / berserker. a Bardserker or Skaldbarian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

post-220461-0-90934300-1548959229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frak
  • Like 4

Nerf Troubadour!

I would consider a Monk with single handed Scordeo's Edge as an oriental sword saint.
High ACC for Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming.

Monk high INT to optimize the duration of blade cascade.

Maybe Monk / Devoted for heavily armored samurai (blade cascade cancels recovery anyway). Use animancer blade as a backup weapon.

Or Monk / Soublade to spam Mind Blade during the cascade. Just pretend it's not magical.

By the way, macedonian Phalanx was more about Pikes than about Swords & Boards (contrary to old Hoplite phalanx.) 

Not sure it helps since macedonian style phalanx is rather useless in a small party, but this youtube channel is wonderful, so...

Edited by Elric Galad

I would consider a Monk with single handed Scordeo's Edge as an oriental sword saint.

High ACC for Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming.

Monk high INT to optimize the duration of blade cascade.

Maybe Monk / Devoted for heavily armored samurai (blade cascade cancels recovery anyway). Use animancer blade as a backup weapon.

Or Monk / Soublade to spam Mind Blade during the cascade. Just pretend it's not magical.

By the way, macedonian Phalanx was more about Pikes than about Swords & Boards (contrary to old Hoplite phalanx.) 

Not sure it helps since macedonian style phalanx is rather useless in a small party, but this youtube channel is wonderful, so...

If only the game would allow wielding a Pike and Small Shield... Come to think of it, I'm surprised there isn't a mod to wield anything one-handed, in both hands simultaneously.   

The shield (Bronlar's Phalanx) and spear (Stalker's Patience) was meant to be the best "Greek Hoplite" option, while the sword (Gladiator Sword) and shield (Shining Bulwark) was the "Roman Legionnaire" alternative.  

Did that stop you before?

I can't imagine what it would look like when you have 5 party members with pikes/pollaxe/great swords and time it so that they all do Clear Out at the same time... preferably after surrounding the enemy.

Berserker/Nalpasca is a great way to drown in wounds and spam abilities like Torment's Reach 24/7. Once you get Savage Defiance you can do without external healing (given you don't get pommeled too hard).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I can't imagine what it would look like when you have 5 party members with pikes/pollaxe/great swords and time it so that they all do Clear Out at the same time... preferably after surrounding the enemy.

Berserker/Nalpasca is a great way to drown in wounds and spam abilities like Torment's Reach 24/7. Once you get Savage Defiance you can do without external healing (given you don't get pommeled too hard).

I stay on topic and not launch personal attacks.  

I stay on topic and not launch personal attacks.

‘Launch personal attacks’ LOL.