[Bug 4.1] Cannot interact with steward on ship

Frak

Question

I've left Port Maje and - after a detour to Fort Deadlight - am on my way to Neketaka. Have a quick chat with the gods.

I've not tried to interact with the steward earlier on the ship, so I don't know if I could earlier (will test), but currently I cannot interact with the steward. This is weird.

Edit: Nope. She refuses to be interacted with as soon as she is on the Defiant after Maje Island.

Steps to reproduce: Try talking with steward on the Defiant.

Link to save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qh946d9kffzk5r0/Roald%20%28ad32f4ee-1007-422f-9e06-0ac9ff8755d3%29%20%28LAX-123ABCFGH%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Frak
  • Like 2

Nerf Troubadour!

18 answers to this question

I am glad to hear you are looking into this issue.  I've run into it as well, and would love to know what is recommended. 

Is there any workaround?  How game-breaking is it? (If I recall correctly from my first play-through, it is necessary to talk to the Steward for some of the quests ).  Can I proceed until a certain point, after which it is advised I wait for the fix?  Any advice? 

I am glad to hear you are looking into this issue.  I've run into it as well, and would love to know what is recommended. 

Is there any workaround?  How game-breaking is it? (If I recall correctly from my first play-through, it is necessary to talk to the Steward for some of the quests ).  Can I proceed until a certain point, after which it is advised I wait for the fix?  Any advice? 

For the most part Steward is pretty much irrelevant, except for the quest which kicks of Seeker, Slayer, Survivor. However, if I remember well Steward starts conversation with you, which means it might works just fine - I can't interact with her either, but her "tutorial" when boarding the ship for the first time works just fine. 

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor won't start until you finish the mission in Ashen Maw, so you pretty much have majority of the game you can do before tackling that one.

After Maje Island she will do two things if clicked upon

1) If you ask her, she will - not surprisingly, as it is main path - advice you to go to Neketaka.

2) If you haven't heard her backstory before in the game, she can offer you a quick recap on who she is and why you're on a boat.

Nothing major.

Once you get to Neketaka, you will have so much to do, that a patch will be out in the meantime ;-)

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

@cnealob (or other developers) Are there any updates on the bugfix for this? I just downloaded the latest patch, and I sadly still cannot speak with the Steward.  I am hoping to be able to play Seeker, Slayer, Survivor, and I understand that, as you need to speak to the Steward to start that DLC, this bug will prevent that.  Do you have any info on if or when a fix will be available?  

I believe you don't need to interact with her to find the crate. There is a dialogue that triggers automatically when you enter the belowdecks, and this still works.

Also, it appears that using Shift+Click instead of just clicking the Steward allows to have a normal conversation with her.

• Like 4

I believe you don't need to interact with her to find the crate. There is a dialogue that triggers automatically when you enter the belowdecks, and this still works.

And I can confirm that this works.  The dialogue with the Steward that starts Seeker, Slayer, Survivor does indeed trigger automatically.  Thank you so much Engvito! 

Also, it appears that using Shift+Click instead of just clicking the Steward allows to have a normal conversation with her.

I'm so glad there's a workaround until there's a proper bugfix. Thanks for sharing this.