Urgent request (DLC turn base option)!

If your one of those people like me who hasn't played POE 2 DLC's like beast of winter etc.. Please, give us the option to start those DLC's with turn based mode. Currently, if I want to enjoy the turn based mode, I have to start the game over by creating new characters. I want to be able to play with my old saved characters turn based mode. Thanks!

Apparently, it is not easy for the developers to provide option for switching between RTwP mode and turn based mode. However, in some other forum someone suggested that developers provide an option for an one time conversion of RTwP mode to turn based mode. I don't know how feasible is it though.

Apparently, it is not easy for the developers to provide option for switching between RTwP mode and turn based mode. However, in some other forum someone suggested that developers provide an option for an one time conversion of RTwP mode to turn based mode. I don't know how feasible is it though.

xD. If you can do it once you can do it whenever you want. That's a silly suggestion. It's no that they don't allow you to switch between mods to forbid players abusing the system or something - it's probably just completely another thing to create a single system which can switch between the two.

I'm guessing there are a bunch of variables that are set at the beginning of the game that are slightly different between RT and TB modes, and that it would just be a ton of extra work to create a system that can check them all and set them correctly in mid-game without the risk of breaking something else and not knowing what or how.

This is still beta for now. Switching between the two on the fly, if it ever happens, is probably a ways off.

• Like 1

xD. If you can do it once you can do it whenever you want. That's a silly suggestion. It's no that they don't allow you to switch between mods to forbid players abusing the system or something - it's probably just completely another thing to create a single system which can switch between the two.

For players to be able to switch freely between the two modes the developers will also have to implement conversion from turn based to RTwP. Maybe this will be requested too. And it will probably be a can of worms.

Edited by wih

I think if we all come together and demand it, they will listen to us and make it true. Because for now, I just don't feel like playing the main story all over again just so i can reach beast of winter story line just so i can play turn base mode. I'm sure with a little effort, developers can enable turn base mode for those people who have already completed the main story line. And please, don't tell me it's an impossible process. 

I think if we all come together and demand it, they will listen to us and make it true. Because for now, I just don't feel like playing the main story all over again just so i can reach beast of winter story line just so i can play turn base mode. I'm sure with a little effort, developers can enable turn base mode for those people who have already completed the main story line. And please, don't tell me it's an impossible process. 

Nothing is impossible.

I presume if having the ability to switch at will between tb and rtwp was easy or something they could realistically implement in the next month, they wouldn't have made sure to stress right from the start that it's new game only

Edited by house2fly

Hey everyone!

We would looooooove to be able to make Deadfire switch between the two modes!  I'm sure it is absolutely something that is possible, but it's also something that would require a lot of time and work from many people to make happen as they are two completely different systems.  I'll still be putting the request in so that the team can consider it, but if this were to be undertaken it would take quite awhile to implement with the resources we currently have at our disposal.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone!

• Like 2

A script that converts variables of the save game would be enough. I'm too far into the game to start from scratch to use this wonderful new feature and I put the game on pause because I got a bit sick of real time with pause (PoE1, Tyranny, Kingmaker etc. etc) so it would be great if we could switch even if it's not a seamless in-game switch but a mod to install that can convert the save game for us.