Outer Worlds price in US?

Any guesstimates?

I'm hoping for $39.99-$44.99. Judging by all the info we've collected so far, this seems fair. An Obsidian title with an Obsidian price. I would pay $60 but it seems like $45 would be more of a sweetspot for this type of title.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I imagine it'll be the traditional $49.99 - $59.99 price tag. I don't see why it wouldn't be. I imagine they might charge you more for some digital goodies though like a Soundtrack or Items.

Yes! We have no bananas.

Well, I seem to remember an idea for Obsidian to create a storefront a while back, which nobody liked. Now with the blowback from Metro Exodus leaving STEAM and everything. The bad split offered by STEAM is getting passed to the customers because leaving is too much of a risk.

As much as I like the convenience of STEAM, it is not without cost. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Valve’s new Steam revenue agreement gives more money to game developers.

So $18 to $12 more per copy to the developer if they drop Steam, but I wonder what they lose out on in sales volume?

Maybe, just maybe. This would be a turning point for Valve, where the money is now back in making their own games opposed to reselling others'.

Would have been better if STEAM offered incentives for units sold and not profits though. This forces prices up, not down, because developers want to maximize their chances of reaching the bonus tiers.  If microtransaction malarkey counts towards the tiers, it's going to mean more of that as well. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping for $60.... I hope they make TOW as much about te hn technology or even more about technology than about the user experience per se or themes 

etc. …

I want them to invest in the xbox one technology the way devs would always push the limits of console particular in later cycles... and charge extra for the 

added effort/experience.....

Then of course as I've stated I'm hoping for them to get back to their o roots and make a pure D&D styole heavy fantasy game... I don't know why they've been

pulled in the sci fi/fantastical direction so many times....

However... I also think it would be cool for that ultimate silly game also but I think TOW is too mainstram focused for that....

I think video games though are as b much about te t technology and the medium and stuff like that as the themes and core experience though so I'm happy...

I just think there's a sense of familiarity about TOW like in 2019... we've seen sci fi... we've seen off beat Roadster style... media... more than a few times....

Fallout because it's so extreme would be a surprise but obviously we already have fallout... so it would have to be even more silly to be tha beat that....

But then I actually think it would be cool for Obsidian to be known for pure high fantasy style games....

So basically I'm saying a lot of things and it's a weird order/trj r trajectory but I think that's a map for ultimate success and acknowledgement. 

I'm hoping for $60.... I hope they make TOW as much about te hn technology or even more about technology than about the user experience per se or themes 

etc. …

It is indeed a $60 game.

"Private Division has shared with us that the game will retail for $60."  [link]

• 2 weeks later...

It's probably because of the profit tiers STEAM introduced, or that's part of the reason. The more money a game makes the better the cut gets. If you want to maximise you chances of reaching those tiers you raise the price. 

Short answer, it's all STEAM's fault for charging 30% for doing practically nothing. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

It's probably because of the profit tiers STEAM introduced, or that's part of the reason. The more money a game makes the better the cut gets. If you want to maximise you chances of reaching those tiers you raise the price. 

Short answer, it's all STEAM's fault for charging 30% for doing practically nothing. 

Well, there is still hope that it will end up being an Epic Exclusive. 

Probably too late now though, and they are thinking about access too.  The deal would have been even better because they are already using the unreal engine. That's another 'deductable'. Someone at Private Division might be kicking themselves. Hard to predict how it's going to play out though and you don't want to be caught in the middle like Metro Exodus. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.