I was thinking about trying a Witch (Ascendant or Beguiler/Beserker) with Engoliero do Espirs. The idea is to Detonate near death enemies causing AOE crush damage while triggering Ghostblades and having no recovery. Bonus points if you have a party member using Oathbreaker's End for even more AOE damage on kills. Probably Human race for the bonus Acc/Damage which will get triggered from the Beserker Frenzy. Starting with a ranged weapon at least until you get Devil of Caroc Breastplate because you are squishy and you don't have to worry about being Confused. Beguiler would be nice so you can debuff right away but Ascendant would also be cool for starting a Detonating chain reaction. Both Barbarian and Cipher have some great passives that work well together and I am surprised there aren't more witch builds. What do you guys think?

This is all nice. The only downside is that Engoliero do Espirs comes so late. Too late to plan a build around in my opinion.

Of course, but there are other good weapons to get you there. Engoliero do Espirs is just the power spike you get before doing the DLCs. Cipher and Barbarian are loaded with fantastic passives and I think a witch can make a pretty strong build. Also as a bonus having access to Phantom Foes is amazing if you have a Tactician in your party.

Edited by mepp22

If you focus on it, its doable earlier then many builds would "mature". I often see builds that rely on PL VI, VII or even IX abilities. Or DLC equipment.

Meanwhile if you focus on the proper quests, you can get Engoliero around level 15. I did that. Probably much sooner if you truly do beeline it. Most quests, including quests from other factions, can be done after Engoliero is obtained.

Its not intuitive and probably not advised for a first play trough, as you skip a lot of side content to focus on main-quest stuff and one of the factions. I even didn't visit Poko-Kohara prior to getting Engoliero. But certainly doable.

Edited by Haplok