Monk and turn based...huh?

um. swift strikes/lightning strikes only hit ONCE per turn action point. and Quick Inspiration is entirely useless? what's the point of action speed for non-casted abilities (I understand dex moves casted spells up in initiative which is great) ? 

I'm quite new at the game granted, in fact I mostly installed because of turn-based mode. am I missing something here? 

• Like 1

Action Speed and Dexterity provide better Initiative each round only, not additional action.

In the Real Time with Pause mode of the game, this ability indeed helps attacking more often.

There is currently a lots of discussion about Action Speed and Dexterity in the Turn Mode Beta.

It is likely that there will be some changes.
However, this is still a Beta for now, so please consider the game hasn't been properly balanced yet.

• Like 2

um. swift strikes/lightning strikes only hit ONCE per turn action point. and Quick Inspiration is entirely useless? what's the point of action speed for non-casted abilities (I understand dex moves casted spells up in initiative which is great) ? 

I'm quite new at the game granted, in fact I mostly installed because of turn-based mode. am I missing something here? 

You aren't missing anything, as is being discussed in another thread, you have a mature RTwP system heavily balanced around action speed and the way initiative/turns works so far isn't adequate. I really admire Obsidian's audacity for attempting this. It's only first the beta release, I bet they will figure out how to make dex more relevant. I really enjoy the game as-is but prefer turn-based generally, if they can make it work I will be very pleased.

• Like 1

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the continued support and feedback for actions and dexterity in Turn-Based Mode!  The team has been looking at all of these similar threads and considering what they want to do going forward.  If you have more feedback about this, please continue to post about it here so they'll have a place to gather the info.

Thank you once again for the amazing help you're all providing to make Turn-Based Mode even better!

I didn't create a monk (Poor Xoti - pure priest once again) for that very reason. I also noticed enemy monks being far less effective. Two hits with fists with the same frequency as everyone else just isn't very frightening. 

On the similar note - I got my hands on the Red Hand yesterday: you know, the best arquebus in the game, due to allowing to fire twice before reloading. In turn based it amounts to: nothing really. One gets super good initiative for the second shot (which playing as ranger/wizard can be used to do some really effective casting) but other then that doesn't provide much advantage over other weapons. It's good in a way, as I might finally use something different, but various weapons/items/skills which were boosting recovery just aren't appealing in turn-basd.