Entire turn before enemies react?

On regular basis it take about a full turn before enemies get to react. Almost always the very first turn consist of my party only, maybe with one enemy. My guess is that it is due to activation?: One enemy spots the party and combat includes him, and adds his friends only in the following turn.

expected behaviour: Everyone gets to act from turn 1.

On regular basis it take about a full turn before enemies get to react. Almost always the very first turn consist of my party only, maybe with one enemy. My guess is that it is due to activation?: One enemy spots the party and combat includes him, and adds his friends only in the following turn.

I think this is what is exactly happening; the monster that "spots" you gets a turn, your team gets a turn, and then everyone else as usual. I was wondering why the battles in PotD seemed so much easier than the regular game mode. 

I think this is what is exactly happening; the monster that "spots" you gets a turn, your team gets a turn, and then everyone else as usual. I was wondering why the battles in PotD seemed so much easier than the regular game mode. 

Yeah, at this rate I am being able to kill spellcasters before the combat proper really begins.