Best weapons for a crit based build melee/ranged build. Or just a ranged build.

1 hour ago, Haplok said:

It also triggers when you an enemy you engage is killed (whether by this char or another). So its actually much better then it sounds!

Interesting. It doesn't say so on the description? If that is true, then it's really good! ;0

10 hours ago, Haplok said:

It also triggers when you an enemy you engage is killed (whether by this char or another). So its actually much better then it sounds!

its get even better, as long as you are not at max wounds and engage any monk ability that removes  engagment will get discounted by 1

wotw->4 wounds

skyward kick->2

efficient anguish->0 

as long as you hit with last two

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

On 1/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, Boeroer said:

Essence Interrupter

Karabörü

Amra

St. Omaku's Mercy

Windsong Veilpiercer I meant

Ball and Chain

Rust's Poignard

I just tried Whispers of the Endless Path with 14 Intelligence on my Brawler, and the result was miserable. I almost never could hit more than 1 character. Clearly, I need more Intelligence to make it work, and I will likely need to dip into Attribute boosts from Berath's Blessing - which I am a bit reluctant to do due to the cost and the extreme "cheaty" aspect. My question is: Will Karaboru (the weapon that I am really aiming for) and Clear Out have the same AoE cone size as Whispers?

The cone of Clear Out is much bigger than the cone of WotEP. I can't say how big the cone of Karabörü is (like Clear Out it has no AoE indicator and cannot be triggered 100% reliably during testing). 

Yes, high INT (or even max) is kind of mandatory for AoE weapons. 
Brawler shouldn't have a hard time to gain high INT though? Unless you picked Iron over Turning Wheel that is. And even then you can still use Enlightened Agony to get +5 INT at least - no need to pick Tactical Barrage if one likes Disciplined Strikes too much.

Even as 14 INT-Brawler you could get a helmet with +2 (for example Heaven's Cacophony) and an amulet with +2 (Charm of Bones) and then put +10 on top with Turning Wheel --> 28 INT. Ot let's assume your Turning Wheel bonus is +5 on avagerage: still 23 INT.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The cone of Clear Out is much bigger than the cone of WotEP. I can't say how big the cone of Karabörü is (like Clear Out it has no AoE indicator and cannot be triggered 100% reliably during testing). 

Yes, high INT (or even max) is kind of mandatory for AoE weapons. 
Brawler shouldn't have a hard time to gain high INT though? Unless you picked Iron over Turning Wheel that is. And even then you can still use Enlightened Agony to get +5 INT at least - no need to pick Tactical Barrage if one likes Disciplined Strikes too much.

Even as 14 INT-Brawler you could get a helmet with +2 (for example Heaven's Cacophony) and an amulet with +2 (Charm of Bones) and then put +10 on top with Turning Wheel --> 28 INT. Ot let's assume your Turning Wheel bonus is +5 on avagerage: still 23 INT.

Ah, got it. I was too low level to get those level-ups yet. I also didn't have enough money to buy Charm of Bones and Heaven's Cacophony. So I should get stronger later. Monk multi-class doesn't seem to have a lot of stand-out stuff early on though. So my Brawler main character was ironically the biggest under-performer in the team! :)

Edited by Lampros

Just now, Boeroer said:

Some multiclasses are very frontloaded (e.g. Rogue/Paladin) while others have their peak later. Monk's really good stuff starts at mid levels, Fighter's even later. 

Yes, I played Rogue/Paladin as the main in my last playthrough before the break, and he started out very fast. But in the later-game, the Rogue/Fighter was out-damaging him, even with worse gear.

By the way, if you had the choice between the following three tanks, what would you choose, for PoTD turn-based?

Unbroken/Goldpact Paladin

Unbroken/Trickster

Unbroken/Chanter

On 1/30/2019 at 6:03 AM, Crumbleton said:

Hmm so frostseeker is king of AoE still?

What would you rank after that in terms of AoE? (Excluding blunderbi).

I was king of wanting to make a dual wield pistol build using the modal with ranger to boost my accuarcy (and I honestly love ranger for some reason) but it doesn't look like I'd output decent AoE which I'd like to. I tend to always make 1 Mercenary who enhances my MC so I was going to make a paladin/chanter for the additional lashes /crit / reload speed.

But I figure If I can shoot fast enough I could potentially not worry about AoE to much, I essentially want to machine gun out shots.

St Amokus looked interesting figure I could go sharpshooter / devoted with it.

Essence interruptor looked really interesting what exactly does it summon?

Essentially I'm looking for a high damage turret build that just shreds out high damage / weird procs

How is the new crossbow (or was it arbalest?) from FS that fires multiple projectiles? Can it compete with Frostseeker in terms of AoE DPS? Even if it could, I guess you get it too late for it to matter?

It's great for causing interrupts. If you fire with the interrupting shot modal active, which interrupts on hits, you'll be three times more likely to interrupt. Otherwise it's probably not that great, since the hits will have less damage and PEN. As you said, you get it very late, but it could come in handy when fighting bosses who can be interrupted. Unfortunately, several in FS can't be interrupted. I don't think it could compete with frostseeker in terms of DPS, since there's no aoe effects.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dgray62 said:

It's great for causing interrupts. If you fire with the interrupting shot modal active, which interrupts on hits, you'll be three times more likely to interrupt. Otherwise it's probably not that great, since the hits will have less damage and PEN. As you said, you get it very late, but it could come in handy when fighting bosses who can be interrupted. Unfortunately, several in FS can't be interrupted. I don't think it could compete with frostseeker in terms of DPS, since there's no aoe effects.

Got it - no reason to rush to grab it then. Of course, I am probably not capable of getting it early anyways ;)

On 1/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, Crumbleton said:

I was running my dual pistol idea with a helwalker using dance of death waiting for the lightning lash, but with dance it would seem accuarcy is less of an issue but penetration maybe more so. I was thinking of switching to devoted for the bonus pen but I'm not entirely sure it'd be worth it either.

You shouldn't have PEN issues with a monk once you get thunderous blows, which gives you the tenacious inspiration, +5 STR and +2 PEN, using a renewable resource, wounds.

• Like 1