initiative and turn base

I have played 10+ hours if turn base combat PoTD and it's been a cake walk so far and think the biggest part of this is the initiative being usless, Dex as well.And also skills that improve initiative dual welding, modals light armor etc.

My builds now are everyone wears heavy armor Dex is at 5 so - accuracy can be negated by having aura or buff from priest, and stack up as much defence as possible. Buff in a first round since encounter have a hard time reaching you And you are done.

My suggestion is Either make initiative matter like having high initiative characters go more times in a turn, or wearing light armor(high initiative), makes you run faster so enemies are can reach you in first round and can actually hurt you. The second approch will only give enemies advantage in first turn so I'm leaning more towards to initiative changes decides turn order but having 2x initiative should make characters go 2x In a turn as oppose to characters characters having low initiative, and not to make it op maybe cap it like max 2-3x in character can go in one turn or make offensive abilities that hurt enemies inaccable. After they been used initially

Second point I want to raise is the interupt I have not noticed any advantage when using interupt skill is it broken? Because when successfully interupted does not push them down the queue or skip turn. Nothing really happens.

interupt serves similar function as it did in RTwP - interupting casting of skills - with a well placed interupt you can prevent an enemy from casting a spell.

The problem being when enemies begin casting abilities but you can't interrupt them because your fellow with the interrupt went before them in initiative. No problem, right? Just delay.

Except that quite often enemies will get their cast off in the same round and thus you can't interrupt them unless you go after them naturally. It seems to be a result of high initiative spreads between fast and slow characters, which leads to some really, really irrational interactions because delaying pushes to the end of initiative rather than letting players select how far they go down. This could be fixed fairly easily if delay action moved you on the turn order by adding +1 to your initiative, for instance.

This could be fixed fairly easily if delay action moved you on the turn order by adding +1 to your initiative, for instance.

See your point, would be nice to have finer control over Delay Turn but might get annoying if it just drops you one rung in the current round(still on Maje, but so far, I've found myself wanting to drop all the way down mostly). Adding an option to drop down 1 rung or all the way would be good but guessing it would add more U.I complexity than developers willing to accept. 

On subject of interrupts seems to me that Prone (Mule Kick and Slicken for example) is almost useless? It doesn't forfeit an enemies turn as I would expect, just drops them down the order in the current turn. Very weak effect unless I'm missing something.

On subject of interrupts seems to me that Prone (Mule Kick and Slicken for example) is almost useless? It doesn't forfeit an enemies turn as I would expect, just drops them down the order in the current turn. Very weak effect unless I'm missing something.

yes ive noticed this as well. couldn't agree more. must be an oversight. 

Again, I have been using slicker as a mass intrupt and lock in place spell. Being knocked down eats up movement point but still allows to take an action. “Skip” turn would be quite powerful for such a low level ability. Stun and higher will prevent enemies from making an action.

Again, I have been using slicker as a mass intrupt and lock in place spell. Being knocked down eats up movement point but still allows to take an action. “Skip” turn would be quite powerful for such a low level ability. Stun and higher will prevent enemies from making an action.

I didn't realize it ate up the movement portion of their round, good to know. Maybe skip turn would be too powerful but in RTwP you can keep an enemy proned and out of the fight for as long as you have the resources(and can land it) so this is a major downgrade. Perhaps, prone should now also add a debuff like dazed for the remainder of the round.  

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all the awesome feedback about the Initiative system in Turn-Based Mode.  Please continue to post about it if you've got more opinions or feedback about it as the team will be keeping an eye out for any extra feedback for Turn-Based Mode.

Thanks for all the help!