Game doesnt launch

SocksNL

Question

Description:

Game doesnt launch. No menu, no sounds, no black screen. I immediatly get a crash report.

I've played PoE for 193 hours with no issue and finished the game. today i downloaded the game again to play the DLC's however the game wont even start.

Hope someone can help.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

I tried to start from steam.

Things i've tried:

-I've verified all files.

-I've restarted my PC.

-I've updated my drives.

-Tried to run it from folder

Important Files:

I can upload the output log, but am not permitted to upload crash.dmp and error.log?

Hope someone can help.

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by SocksNL

4 answers to this question

Per your DxDiag, it looks like may have recently updated your copy of Citrix to the newer Citrix Workspace. 

There is a known issue with Unity and the new Virtual Display drivers that were recently introduced into Citrix Workspace.

Until some sort of fix eventually works it's way from Unity into a Deadfire patch, your options are:

- Uninstall Citrix Workspace

- Uninstall Citrix Workspace and roll back to an earlier version (v. 1810 and earlier should work)

- Uninstall Citrix Workspace and reinstall the newest version with these instructions

I just had the same issue myself, and the third option got things back to normal pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Hi Ethics Gradient,

Thx for your response. I would have never figured that out! Indeed it seems Citrix bugged it somehow. Weird that Citrix can do that. I mean an antivirus programme blocking it i can understand. But citrix?!

Anyhow the issue has been resolved. I uninstalled citrix and can now play again.

Again thanks!

• Like 1

I would have never figured that out! Indeed it seems Citrix bugged it somehow. Weird that Citrix can do that. I mean an antivirus programme blocking it i can understand. But citrix?!

I know, right?  The latest version installed drivers for a "Citrix Indirect Display Adapter" and has been causing problems for Unity games for the last couple months.  It's a feature most people probably wouldn't ever use, but hey, Citrix wants to make sure their software works with every possible use case.

Glad you were able to solve the problem!