Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The All Things Movie Thread

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Needs more Michael Cera but I can dig it

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Salma had the hips but the new girl is way better. Way to outdo the classic in every way!! HEY

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3316 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Random movie trivia :  The person who doubled for Brandon Lee in the scenes filmed after his tragic on-set death was John Wick franchise director Chad Stahelski. So that could be why some of John Wick reminds people about The Crow.

• Orogun01 and InsaneCommander like this

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3845 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Salma had the hips but the new girl is way better. Way to outdo the classic in every way!! HEY

The video is 90% Salma with some shots of other girl. Never in your dream is other girl better; Salma is a classic the other one is just being dragged along.

• ShadySands likes this

injurai

injurai

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2373 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is liking your knee supposed to be sexy? Normally I fall for tricks involving the tongue being out, but that is just the dorkiest thing ever.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It's because the editor didn't do a side by side comparison (I blame bad editing), it wasn't really fair... Here is the full dance:

While I agree that Salma is classic Salma, I think she was narrowly beat in a close race.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
If I remember correctly the scene only goes on like that because Tarantino has a foot fetish

#Salma4ever
  • Malcador likes this

bugarup

bugarup

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

#Salma4ever

And ever, amen. †

Not only this new cookie cutter chick has nothing on Salma, new dudes are awful too. I'd wish for this stupid project to fail but it'll do that without my help anyway. 

Edited by bugarup, 07 February 2019 - 11:44 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Not only this new cookie cutter chick has nothing on Salma, new dudes are awful too. I'd wish for this stupid project to fail but it'll do that without my help anyway.

Salma is literally almost every woman, every girl next door by where I live in the Americas (North America). She may be considered exotic by your kinds, problem is she is short, busty, dark and... SHORT.

Eiza on the other hand is a rarity, moon-skin, tall, slim, handsome and slender. The wide hips aren't there though and neither are the curls so that's cons, Salma curviness helps her movement, I will give her that.

And what do you mean? The show? It's already been successful lol This isn't a new series, it's already been on for 3 seasons with 4th one coming soon, the Snake dance was in the first season. Not to mention, the show is a helluva lot better than any of the movies and that's probably because it's actually written well and expands on character building from the first film. There's no competition in quality really, the movies are cult classics but they are among the worst vampire movies ever made - and that's coming from someone who loves the first two films.

bugarup

bugarup

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Most things I ever say here on every subforum's every topic is to be deliberately contrarian

And that's why I am not going to engage you :no:

• ShadySands likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9164 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Salma is a better dancer, at least in those scenes, she's much more fluid and languid. 

I have no comment or care about which is more beautiful/hot  :p  but Salma has better dance fluidity.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Most things I ever say here on every subforum's every topic is to be deliberately contrarian

And that's why I am not going to engage you :no:
But you just did.

Anyways, you make it seem like I disagree with the norm out of spite but did you really think any of the From Dusk Til Dawn movies were good enough? Do you really think a tv show is unsuccessful/unpopular when it gets future season ordered?

This isn't really saying "I like one because it's unpopular" and not the other, as said before, I loved the first movies. I can't imagine anyone who loved the first movie not being exciting for the show or at least giving it a try, but you may hate knowing that the vampires in the show are actually correct to Mayan mythos lore, they're not bat people like in the movies, but serpant people. They're still traditional vampires though, this was how it was originally concieved but since lore was watered down in the films, they most likely simplified it to the most popular vampire - bat people.

Question is, if you liked the old movie/movies and nothing about the show, why would you want it to fail? I'm guessing it's because I compared it more than anything but I thought I'd ask anyway.

(Yes, I moved on from focusing on the comparison of the women, to comparing the show to the first movie but I'm doing so because I actually watched the show and the movies, not just discarding one over the other wuthout watching as if I knew it would already be bad).

Edited by SonicMage117, 08 February 2019 - 01:35 AM.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6552 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

At least this makes clear you seem to be pretty much always wrong.

algroth

algroth

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I liked Eiza González in Baby Driver. Not sure I've seen her in anything else, but I'm not planning to get anywhere near From Dusk Till Dawn or any Robert Rodriguez for that matter.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

At least this makes clear you seem to be pretty much always wrong.

So you don't think Salma has nice hips?

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6552 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

She has nice hips. "Pretty much" isn't the same "literally".

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4782 posts

They are spending way too much time on the bizarre ruleset of the criminal underworld, whoever they are at the hotel where everything costs one gold coin, and it's not even remotely interesting. 

Jhon Wick 1 was just a revenge film with really decent stunt work. That's what made it good. 

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 17067 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

"but they are among the worst vampire movies ever made "

FAKE NEWS.

"- and that's coming from someone who loves the first two films. "

l0l

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

https://youtu.be/HpTzG34xrQw

Nope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users