The All Things Movie Thread

Amentep

I thought it was in one of the prequels. May be mis-remembering because I haven't watched them in a long while.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Avengers: Endgame spoilers are officially out. Footage has leaked featuring clips of many major plot beats.

If you care about spoilers, now is the time to do whatever you planned for avoiding them.

• Like 3
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Avengers: Endgame spoilers are officially out. Footage has leaked featuring clips of many major plot beats.

If you care about spoilers, now is the time to do whatever you planned for avoiding them.

Time to find these leaks and make sure my coworkers find them. 

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh, I wont see it until it comes to Netflix so I guess its time to go spoil myself rotten. :lol:

am assuming you mean netflix disc release.  any disney release post december 2018 will not be streaming on netflix in 2019. as such, the final marvel movie to be added to the streaming que were ant-man and the wasp

that said, am likewise not gonna see in theatre, but am also gonna try, no doubt in vain, to avoid spoilers. have actual been pretty lucky avoiding mcu spoilers but star wars is a different issue entire.  we might be reading a post on a food site, looking for options on a carcassonne cassoulet, and we see random guy insist partridge is essential for authentic, and oh, ______ died in last jedi

what are you gonna do?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Or it's coincidence because it's pretty generic.

Kathleen Kennedy has now confirmed in an interview with MTV reporter Josh Horowitz that Palpatine was coming back at the very beginning when they were looking at Episode 7. So it does seem more likely now that the twitter post is even more accurate.

I wouldn't be surprised it was planned from the start given Snoke being sort of non-sith, and Ian McDiarmid still alive given his surprising youthful age when he first played Palpatine.

Still Snoke being a nobody is lame af, and having Palpatine return simply to be the real point of contact for Kylo Ren seems like an easy way to hand wave Snoke's character.

JJ said they went back to go forward. Ending the trilogy by going back yet again doesn't sound like what he actually originally had in mind.

At this point I feel any production stories are just PR.

• Like 1

That trailer was so over the top, it broke through the bottom of an Oscar bait film trailer and then went over its top as well.

• Like 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Overboard (2018) - This was better than I expected. The cast was very solid, and it followed the original closely. I always enjoy Anna Faris, so that is probably a good way to decide if you will like it. I am a huge fan of the original so it was nice to see them pay tribute to it.

• Like 1

Shazam - Better than the other  Captain Marvel movie but a film  that seemed confused between being 'dark', 'dramatic', or a 'comedy'. It is not evenb close to being the best  DCU film. Heck, it is barely in the top 5.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Watched Brick and Looper

I did actually like Brick but didn't really care much for Looper. It might have been my dislike for time travel that just made me be a view it a little more critically but I thought that it had a lot of holes in the story. Maybe as a "don't really think about it" type of movie I might have enjoyed it more. I did like it more than TLJ though so there's that.

I'll upgrade Johnson from 0-1 to 1-2.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21