The All Things Movie Thread

Amentep

From what I've read, the DEATH SENTENCE movie is closer to the themes the author was trying to do in his novels (DEATH WISH, DEATH SENTENCE) than the DEATH WISH films.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Charles Bronson was the Steven Seagal of the 70s.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Saw pet Cemetary remake. Alright but  its changes were uneeded and added nothing to the movie. Overall, way too try hard and desperate. Passable watch. 6/10

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Deadpool 2

Pretty good but I need to watch the last 16 minutes still.

...hehehe...watch Deadpool 2, then watch Once Upon A Deadpool...worth the repeat performance...

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I was wondering if Once Upon A Deadpool would be worth watching or not.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I was wondering if Once Upon A Deadpool would be worth watching or not.

...if'n ya enjoyed DP2, this be jus' a PG-13 version with hilarious scenes added...I's luved it, personally...

...canna believe I's sayin' it out loud, but I's lookin' forward ta the live action Lion King... :ninja:

• Like 1

I'm not...but then again I didn't like the original film.

• Like 2

I'm not...but then again I didn't like the original film.

<ducks-and-hides>

Same. I'll also add that these "totally not animated" live-action remakes are pretty gaudy affairs to my eyes. Anthropomorphized cartoon animals are fine enough, but when applying this degree of realism the effect is very busy and uncanny. It doesn't have nearly the same appeal to me (same for the Jungle Book films, which are based on a property I do like on the other hand).

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I just didn't like it.  I felt the story was two short stories mushed together, but neither one being developed enough to be interesting.  The only characters I actually liked were Timon and Pumbaa and I never felt the film made me care for Kimba Simba or anything about his story arc once he become an adult.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago, I finally sat down and properly watched the Lion King for the first time since it came out (not having been the biggest fan of it then). It was...kind of mediocre? Not as bad as I was expecting or remembered, but I still just don't care for it. Surprisingly, I also liked Timon and Pumbaa (I really disliked them when I first watched it, but it's been many years and I've grown as a movie-watcher since - properly executed comic relief characters shouldn't necessarily be anathema, especially ones that add value to themes and character/story arcs and are just generally likeable characters), and I also kind of liked Scar as a performer. I think the main problem was Simba being an arrogant dumb dumb for the first half of the film, then switching to full out cowardice for most of the rest, and then driving it home with the almost always dumb "I'm the rightful heir" plot device finally making him "turn into the perfect man after which he does everything perfectly without error". When a film's meaningful screen time is about 95% the protagonist, the protagonist should ideally be likeable, and Simba was the opposite for me, and that's really how it began and ended.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I know a lot of people who love it and are excited for it.

And I'm sure if you were the target age when you saw it and you connected with it, it was magical.

The Hellboy remake just debuted to a dismal 11% at RT, and is expected to do about $16M on opening weekend. Again, Del Toro's Hellboy died for this. :(

I'm curious about audience scores. Even I have no expectations, But honestly, I don't believe rotten tomatoes reviewer after this The Last Jedi trash. Del Toro's artwork really did better job. But I don't like Hellboy 2 writing.

Edited by misterjimmy