The All Things Movie Thread

Amentep

Will Smith is too old to be anymore relevant on this planet.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So is remake of Disney cartoons but with humans the new superhero comic adaptation? Will I have to expand my latitude of loathing? I don't want to spread it too thin and wide, because if things keep going this direction I might yet need it. A lot of it.   :getlost:

So is remake of Disney cartoons but with humans the new superhero comic adaptation?

Quality of live action Disney movies aren't even close to Super-Hero adaptations so the answer is NO.

Unless of course you consider Mowgli's Story and Kim Possible in the same league as The Avengers ;)

Anyways, I welcome them because I know one in ten will interest me, someone else will be interested in what I don't like and I'm sure there are people who will live all Disney live action movies for all the right reasons - it's not like they have put one out yet that is truly bad but there's always purists. It's not rare for a live action adaptation to be better than the cartoons, but it's a matter if making the audience convinced enough to agree - that's the trick. It's no different from people whining about a remake when the remake is actually better, really.

I, for one, hated the new Alice movies because the overuse of terrible cgi but LOVED the original live action Alice In Wonderland movie from the 80's which was better than the cartoon. I suppose, mire than anything, it's just a matter of timing for each individual and how relative the casting is. Some people won't go see a movie if it has one person casted that they don't like. Sounds extreme but it happens abd I don't think this is any different, same is true for the opposite though. I will go see Dumbo just because it has Eva Green (who I follow for years), before that I didn't care for seeing it at all.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Alice In Wonderland that I grew up on (better than the cartoon, don't argue).

Casting:
Sheila Allen - Mother
Scott Baio - Cat
Red Buttons - The White Rabbit
Sid Ceasar - The Gryphon
Imogen Cocoa - Salt
Sammy Davis Jr. - Catapillar
Natalie Gregory - Alice
Sherman Hemsley - Rat
Arte Johnson - The Doormouse
Roddy McDowell - The March Hare
Jane Meadows - The Red Queen
Robert Morely - King Of Hearts
Anthony Newly - Madhatter
Donald O-Connor - Parrot
Martha Ray - Dutchess
Telly Savalas - Chesire
Ringo Starr - Lynx Turtle
Shelly Winters - Dodo Bird

Edited by Amentep
The 1985 Irwin Allen produced Alice in Wonderland is not a public domain film. Link removed to youtube upload.
  • Like 1

I had no idea they were making a live-action Aladdin. *looks up trailer* Bwahaha, that trailer is so bad. Well, it could still be ok/decent in the full film, who knows. But that trailer. Bwahaha. They should have just gone with all animation/different looking genie and just Smith's voice or something.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:getlost:

I half-expected a bio-pic to be the last cash cow in the herd, but then, "Silmarillion" and other genre stuff prolly would be a harder sell to general audience than tried and true biopic. Which could also serve as an Oscar bait, the Academy of old farts seem to love em, no matter how cheesy and glossed over they are.  :getlost:

Josh Brolin is Gurney Halleck.

It's still going to suck. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"It won't be long til we get a live action Toy Story, then all will be lost"

We already did, it's called Indian In The Cupboard and it ended up being better than Toy Story. Where were you? Oh right, you got lost ;)

https://youtu.be/yoIBXVm_B9Y

Edited by SonicMage117