Neketaka Guards turn hostile when starting a fight in Queen's Berth

sam_ihsan

Question

As per title, I was going to attack Cotta to resolve the quest The Shipwright's Plight but when combat started, hostile guards rushed into the scene and there were quite a few terrified civilians (yellow circles at feet) suddenly appearing at the north exit nearby. This was on Steam, latest patch and on turn-based mode.

20 answers to this question

I'm having this issue as well with Lord Imp in turn-based mode.  This bug makes the bounty undoable.

EDIT:

OK just found out that if you confront him at night you won't trigger the guards.

EDIT 2:

Nope, near the end of the fight the guards decided to jump in.  :(
Edited by Berkyjay

Same bug here. Seems to be Tiela and some others that appear in the corner out of nowhere and with yellow circles. The guards didn't show when I just shot the gunpowder barrel and killed all but the priest--I attacked and killed the priest after, no guards but Tiela and others still magically appeared in the corner.

Same issue for me. Tried different things like imitating combat with my main (who is a Paladin, doh!) standing far away. Sometimes I can do half the battle before the guards aggro and sometimes the aggro at combat start.

I also run in turn based mode.

This is a serious bug and should be addressed by developers.

I also encounter this problem with Lord Admiral's Imp. For some reason Katrenna did not gave me any issues, some of the devouts actually helped with healing :p

This was in TB mode and i tried starting on the bridge, the pier and further away to no avail. Then I changed the time to midnight, because I thought less commoners to trick guards into the fight. There were less or it was just luck. I started next to the Wild Mare again and had my Main character run back to the inn. I killed the Champions and the imp there, the skirmisher just didn't want to follow. I only used melee/ranged attacks and no Circle of Protection from my Priest. Only used Gaze of the Adragan once with my Wizard and Breath of Flames from the Dragon Pendant on my Fighter/tank. I had Serafen equiped with an Arquebus and didn't had him use any Barb skills neither. I just did not wanted to risk any AoE. After I killed teh 3 melee characters I moved Eder up with Escape(Fighter/Rogue build) and kill the skirmisher on his own in 2 or 3 rounds. That did it for me. I'll Include some pictures if possible. This is my first post as it looked some people needed help with it and this did it for me :) GL peepz

https://imgur.com/a/s1ITX38

For the record, this is still broken. I have the fan patch off the Nexus too and sadly that doesn't fix this either. Did anyone figure out a workaround other than just not doing the affected quests? For me the civilians get scared straight away, before I've clicked a single thing. I've tried with no one around but people still wander into battle or even appear out of thin air. No auras on anyone, no Paladin in party. I've tried having all of my party on the jetty apart from Edér who initiated the conversation with Lord Admiral Imp. 

Edited by Matroska

Spoiler

Try making the Huana Queen a little bit happier... things should change.... I found that, along with the Sacred Stairs "encounter" to ease up on the guards...involvement.  Also, no firearms, keep it quiet,  and, don't injure any of the Magranites sitting there, that complicates things.  Again, tactics help....

2 hours ago, LotharVI said:
  Hide contents

Try making the Huana Queen a little bit happier... things should change.... I found that, along with the Sacred Stairs "encounter" to ease up on the guards...involvement.  Also, no firearms, keep it quiet,  and, don't injure any of the Magranites sitting there, that complicates things.  Again, tactics help....

I'll try that for the other problematic encounters. What I did in the end for Lord Admiral Imp was... make like a pirate and cheat. ☠️

I used this mod to make it so you can  use console cheats without turning off achievements then used the "giveitem item_quest_head_imp" console command to give myself the bounty's head without having to kill him.