Hi, perhaps it has been already discussed but -

I am planning for "party" run thought. I am looking for the best Dual Wielding DPS that could also act as off tank, from time to time, and also what weapon would you recommend with the build ?

Thanks !

Edited by 100011

I'm using a Shadowdancer atm.  Helwalker/Streetfighter, he's squishy, needs mirco and is best paired with a priest with Barring Deaths Door.  But he can sure dish out damage like there is no tomorrow using only his fists.  Under optimal cirumstances you'll have +30% damage from helwalker, sneak attack +60% at PL7, +50% for streetfighter if you are bloodied or flanked, Deathblows +50% at PL7 and up to +20 % burning lash from turning wheel.  Then you factor in Transcedental suffering or weapon bonuses.

Try Goldpact Knight/Trickster or Steel Garrote/Trickster with Battle Axe (+ Bleeding Cuts modal switched on) in the main hand (goal is to get Magran's Favor) and Sun and Moon in the offhand. Use as many Full Attacks as you can. Because the looong recovery of Bleeding Cuts does not matter once you use Full Attacks. Sun and Moon is a fast weapon and thus has faster recovery - and it's the offhand recovery that counts when doing Full Attacks (like Crippling Strike, Flames of Devotions and so on). Wear the Ring of Focused Flames.

With Eternal Flames (Flames of Devotion Upgrade) your Trickster will get +4 Power Level from Sun and Moon + Magran's Favor and +10 ACC because of the Ring and your following Rogue Strikes (Crippling Strike for example) will get an additional burning lash. This is plenty dmg.

At the same time you are quite tanky because of the Trickster's spells and either the Goldpact's +AR or the Steel Garrote's draining which will heal you. With Persistent Distraction you will always cause Distracted which means a Stell Garrote with Persistant Distraction always drains life from its targets. Steel Garrote's draining stacks with Old Siec (chanter phrase) and also Furyshaper's Blood Ward by the way.

You can also use dual mortars with the sme setup. Instead of Persistent Distraction you have to enchant the Hand Mortar with Blinding Smoke. Powder Burns modal from mortars will also profit from the Ring and FoD as well. Now you are doing AoE damage instead of single target dmg. Wear the Defiant Apparel to be immune toi Powerder Burn's Distraction. 

Or you do both and switch to axe+flail against single targets and to mortars in order to deal AoE dmg. 

Watch out with Tricksters Repulsive Visage: terrified enemies can't be engaged so you'll lose Persistent Distraction. So use it wisely - e.g. if the target is already afflicted by other stuff or you get really pummeled. When using mortars this isn't a problem since you can't engage anyway.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Not to hijack the thread but I have also been looking for a DW build utilising either swords (modwyr and watchers blade for the double lashes) or sabre + stilleto (scordeos + rusts mainly for the aesthetic). Similar requirements to OP in that I want to be mainly dps oriented but not a complete glass cannon. Bonus points if it includes paladin, monk, barbarian or cipher as I find the story companions don't cover those classes well (weaker subclasses).

Currently experimenting with a bleak walker / Street fighter or no class fighter / Street fighter (prefer not to go devoted due to weapon mixing). Interested in views and any other options.

@Boeroer - thank you for your ideas. I never thought about Goldpack/Trickster.

I am thinking of these bases attributes (w/o blessing):

10 Might 

8 Con 
20 Dexterity 
15 Perception 
15 Intellect 
10 Resolve
Thoughts ?

@elbe
Not to hijack the thread but I have also been looking for a DW build utilising either swords (modwyr and watchers blade for the double lashes) or sabre + stilleto (scordeos + rusts mainly for the aesthetic). Similar requirements to OP in that I want to be mainly dps oriented but not a complete glass cannon. Bonus points if it includes paladin, monk, barbarian or cipher as I find the story companions don't cover those classes well (weaker subclasses).

This is some good hijacking :) 
I also thought about that with the same swords. I had in mind this following build but will much less in Resolve (10 or so) since the build will be in party and not as tank:

10 Might 

8 Con 
20 Dexterity 
15 Perception 
15 Intellect 
10 Resolve
Thoughts ?

@elbe

This is some good hijacking :) 

I also thought about that with the same swords. I had in mind this following build but will much less in Resolve (10 or so) since the build will be in party and not as tank:

Scordeo's + Rust's breaks the game on lots of martial multiclasses: especially those with crits in mind. For those weapons, I'd recommend a Ravager (Berserker/Nalpacza or /Helwalker if using Nemnok's Cloak/BDD and SoT shenanigans).

Berseker's Frenzy will increase your damage, speed, armor, health, and hit-to-crit chance, and combines well with Monk's Heartbeat Drumming and Swift Flurry (those bonus attacks can also crit!); throw in Interrupting Blows and Enervating Blows and consider Boltcatchers or Gatecrashers for even more on-crit effects. Turning Wheel will increase your damage further and make your buffs and additional effects (like Spirit Frenzy's Staggered) last longer. Whatever doesn't get perma-proned by Rust's will still be in a bad place - barring they're not immune to pierce damage, of course.

Edited by Ophiuchus

10 Might 

8 Con 

20 Dexterity 

15 Perception 

15 Intellect 

10 Resolve

Thoughts ?

You are welcome. :)

Stats look ok. I would go for less RES and more INT - but I'm a glutton for INT so I guess it's ok like it is. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Also nice.

By the way: are there any special benefits when using Sun & Moon (besides having two chances to hit per swing)?

Like SA getting applied twice or so?

SA gets applied once, while the second hit restores focus. Being able to use the MH at DW speed and benefiting from PL bonus with every hit are the big advantages. A monk can do the same with Force of Anguish, but spending wounds lowers the bonus from Turning Wheel.

• Like 2