I’m testing builds and looking for an easily accessible, story spoiler-free, and difficult high-level encounter. Having played around with the AreaTransition command, the following location (Sea-Lashed Crypt) appears to be a good candidate:

AreaTransition AR_2007_Ship_Graveyard_Dungeon_Entrance 0 0

What is the expected party level for the encounter at the entrance of this area (completionist game)? If there is a better encounter to push the party to the limit, please let me know the area ID.

I don't know IDs but Fampyrs Cave,  Frightened Child (FS) and some ecounters with vithraks  from FS can be more challanging (a lot of disintegration spamming). And there are megabosses too if You want test lv20 party.

I agree with this.  I use F11 to test different areas.  Actually the Sea-Lashed Crypt entrance where there are "docks" and a ton of Fampyrs and related mobs rushing you is a great test.  As is Sissak's Nest (also accessible via F11).  You can test the Wael beholder areas as well, and Frightened Child area and related (the flesh constructs ouside that area will pummel you with chain Stagger if you're not resistant to Might afflictions). Also testing on the Fire Dragon boss in Ashen Maw is helpful, as are the Nagas at Kophoa Fang (or whatever it's called), as is SSS arena.  Finally the Flooded Cave (F11) is particularly hard as the teleport command drops you right in the middle of the mobs. 

• Like 2

Thank you, are all of these areas meant for a lvl 20 party? I’m testing Sea-Lashed Crypt at lvl 16 and Gorecci Street at lvl 4, though I’m not certain which levels are appropriate (PoTD, upscaling up only). Ideally, I want to verify the party at several key junctures of the game with the toughest level-appropriate encounters.

Thank you, are all of these areas meant for a lvl 20 party? I’m testing Sea-Lashed Crypt at lvl 16 and Gorecci Street at lvl 4, though I’m not certain which levels are appropriate (PoTD, upscaling up only). Ideally, I want to verify the party at several key junctures of the game with the toughest level-appropriate encounters.

One other battle I use to test -- for lower levels, I imagine -- is Hasongo Lighthouse (where you have to click the Adra Pillar after clearning the room).  It's after this that you get Gift of the Machine bonus from POE1 import.  Hasongo is I believe the 2nd place you're supposed to track Eothas (or maybe 3rd, after Poko Kahara).  So I'd imagine it is meant for level 10-13 or thereabouts?  You can F11 into the Lighthouse.