Thoughts on Weapon Reloading

So far I'm loving the turn based mode. I see a lot of grousing about how everything's locked to 1-action per turn, but personally I love that too, and it makes the role of action speed/dex much more interesting than just another damage multiplier.

As others have noted, I think the only aspect where the system suffers is with respect to firearms, which tend to just have huge damage and huge initiative, and are a little boring as a consequence. I think a simple (and interesting) fix would be to have reload operate essentially as a cast time for firearms. If the gun requires a reload, then the reload happens at the beginning of a character's attack, and if interrupted while reloading, then the character's attack gets cancelled too. IMHO, not only would this balance firearms a little better, it would also just better distinguish firearms from other ranged weapons, adding a cool risk/reward side to firearms along with another reason to strongly consider dex.

Thanks again for all the great work (and in my opinion, please ignore requests for multiple actions per turn. Except maybe as another use for empower...)

• Like 2

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the feedback about firearms.  The team has been notified about these issues and are considering what to do about it.  If you can think of any other aspects to the weapon type, please continue to post about it here so they can also take that into consideration as well.

Thank you for all the help with Turn-Based Mode :)