I am paraphrasing here, but in the Beast of Winter, there is a line about how the soul only carries memories as the body interprets events, and therefore, a soul’s “memories” can be inaccurate because of the failability of kith’s minds.

So I do not think the Memory Hoarder was consuming the souls of the captives of the Forgotten Sanctum, but rather, it was absorbing their memories to alter the soul’s recall to prevent the possibility of the captives regaining that knowledge if they ever awakened in a subsequent incarnation. That would also explain why the Hand Occult bothered to kidnap anyone as opposed to just killing them, as simply killing a person does not rule out the possibility of regaining the “forbidden knowledge” via awakening, you know, just like the Watcher did in Sun in Shadow.

• Like 2

I am paraphrasing here, but in the Beast of Winter, there is a line about how the soul only carries memories as the body interprets events, and therefore, a soul’s “memories” can be inaccurate because of the failability of kith’s minds.

So I do not think the Memory Hoarder was consuming the souls of the captives of the Forgotten Sanctum, but rather, it was absorbing their memories to alter the soul’s recall to prevent the possibility of the captives regaining that knowledge if they ever awakened in a subsequent incarnation. That would also explain why the Hand Occult bothered to kidnap anyone as opposed to just killing them, as simply killing a person does not rule out the possibility of regaining the “forbidden knowledge” via awakening, you know, just like the Watcher did in Sun in Shadow.

So then why is it when the Memory Hoarder is killed, it's said there are souls twisting around it?

So then why is it when the Memory Hoarder is killed, it's said there are souls twisting around it?

it's own soul maybe fractured by the memory of hundred

even maybe it was created the same way as some other powerful animate did

it's own soul maybe fractured by the memory of hundred

even maybe it was created the same way as some other powerful animate did

I get what you're saying.

Just looking through walkthroughs and other hints the past couple of days though, it does seem the souls in the Assembly of Echoes that rise up during the fight and the souls in the Memory Hoarder are part of the Collection of prisoners. One note talks how a guy lost part of himself and felt it go into the maw of some creature down in the pit.

I'd have to review it all again but yeah, it also does seem the Memory Collector is a creation of the Oracle in Wael (the one guy mentions it when you ask him what is that thing)