Ascension duration should be increased in turn-based.

Right now, I'm playing a single class Ascendant.

At levels 1-5 at 18 Intellect, I can Ascend for 2 turns.

When I bumped up Intellect to 20, Ascension was increased to 3 turns.

It's possible that upon hitting level 10, the Ascension duration might be increased to 4 turns, but I'm probably about a day away from finding that out.

Anyway, the point is, the idea behind Ascendant is fundamentally flawed in Turn-Based. Ascendant has a higher Focus pool in general, but it's highly likely that the total Focus cost of the spells you use while Ascended in TB mode is actually going to be far less than the total amount of Focus you have in the first place, which seems very logically backwards.

It might have been the same case in RTwP as well, but single class Ascendant in RTwP could get a ton of mileage out of it with Time Parasite. With the way rounds currently work in TB, that's not an option here.

• Like 1

You are right.

For how long can you extend "ascended" when you use Salvation of Time?

The tooltip in the Priest skill list says +2 turns. I'm not sure if it's influenced by power level or Intellect at all.

On a side note, I've noticed that Borrowed Instinct actually lasts a hilarious amount of time by turn-based standards. On a character with 20 intellect at level 8, I was getting the bonus for 6 turns on a hit and 7 turns on a crit. Alas, Cipher has major action economy concerns to consider with how rounds currently work (especially as an Ascendant), but I'd say it's pretty worth it.

Playing further, I've come to the conclusion that ascending having such short duration isn't that much of a bad thing (considering how good the lower level Cipher spell list is, how absolutely busted Ectopsychic Echo is in TB if you can set it up right, and you can pretty much ascend in 1-3 turns if you use Frostseeker), but it's still a bit odd how you're highly unlikely to be casting spells that actually cost more focus than the total amount of focus needed to ascend in the first place. Maybe +1 turn of duration is enough.

Edited by Saito Hikari