Wandering spirit won't spawn in Drowned Kingdom

Bigbuta

Question

The first spirit won't spawn for me in the Drowned Kingdom. I suspect this is because I was supposed to pick it up first, but I ended up getting the other spirits first and then trying to come back and get it. The "first spirit" is indicated by the [1]  iin the picture below (gamepressure's guide): https://guides.gamepressure.com/pillars_of_eternity_2/guide.asp?ID=45939

Here's a link to the saved game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iszls7aj7ln8ef9/Raloen%20%2891959c01-b05a-4353-9d87-c93869bdb79b%29%20%28LAX-123FG%29%20quicksave.savegame?dl=0

10 answers to this question

I'm having the same issue. Here's two other threads about the same bug, going back to October 2018.

One mentions a save was sent off to QA and Area Design, so given it hasn't been patched yet, I'd guess your best bet is to start the level again.

Also, as those threads mention, as long as you drain the first water area using the first conch you come across, all the soul fragments should appear, and you should be able to progress normally from there.

Greetings Bigbuta,

My apology for any inconvenience the Wandering Spirits in The Drowned Kingdom have been causing you. Our Development team are aware that certain players will come across this issue and are looking for a fix as we speak. In the meantime any fixes implemented by our development team will be noted on the Obsidian forums. 

Cheers.

If you have same issue, I found solution:

1. You need unity console for PE2. You can find it here: https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

2. You need patch for unity console for latest version of game: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7112276-unity-console-for-poe2-30-bugs/

3.  You need change variable LAX2_n_huana_wandering_soul_state like here: 

From 3 to 4. I didn't have variable LAX2_b_wandering_soul_interaction_3 at all.

4. ....

5. Profit.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:33 PM, adragojlovic said:

My apology for any inconvenience the Wandering Spirits in The Drowned Kingdom have been causing you. Our Development team are aware that certain players will come across this issue and are looking for a fix as we speak. In the meantime any fixes implemented by our development team will be noted on the Obsidian forums. 

Wow, it must be a very hard bug if it takes the dev team more than 2 years to fix it and they still didn't make it...

I just came across this issue, 4th soul is not spawning, and I'm stuck. The last save would require me to rollback almost entire DLC (I've already completed the trial and the bridge areas), so it is not an option for me. I'm afraid using console will break achievements etc.

Anyway, I found a workaround that doesn't require any rollback or console tricks - you need to use those "shrines" (marked in red) to fill both blue areas with water, then a spirit in violet rectangle should appear. Being more detailed, you need to first use the top shrine to fill the topmost sink (then there will be a strange situation where both the middle and the lower sinks are empty), then you need to use that bottom shrine to fill the middle sink (most likely you will need to click the shrine twice, as the first usage will fill the bottom sink, leaving the middle one dry). Then you need to enter the Drowned Crown area and using the portal on the right in there, leave and re-enter the entire Drowned Kingdom area - you will then spot a spirit waiting for you.

PoE2_souls_fix.thumb.png.ea177a2ca9791ebbf9d188338e6f3e07.png