Ability durations and attributes

5 seconds is a round. 

I don't know about action speed, but as for %duration, and at each 5 second interval is a "breakpoint" where the ability duration is extended by a round. Say a buff has a 30 second base duration, and with int modifiers it lasted 44 seconds. Round it down to 40 and that would be 8 rounds. 

This means you need to have 100% buff duration to extend a short buff by a round. Makes playing an assassin spellcaster harder because 30 int can be kinda tricky to get and you can't finish casting a spell before being stealthed wears off unless you have 2 rounds of invis :(

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused about chants, especially with Brisk Recitation activated. On a level 1 char with 18 int, chant phrase durations are 1 round with lingers of 1 round. However, with Brisk Recitation active they appear to just lose the linger but still last 1 round, as Turn-based mode doesn't really allow for things to last for half a round? Does BR have no benefit until you hit some breakpoint at 20+ int?

Edited by Anoregon

Some of the chants that do an action - like Soft Winds that does damage, or Ancient Memory that does healing or the weakening chant that does a weakening attack on everyone -- trigger twice in a round when Brisk Recitation is on. So it helps some chants and not others.

I think that actually makes Brisk Recitation better than in the base game. The whole point of Brisk Recitation in the base game is to get phrases quicker (which it does in the turn-based mode too -- you get 2 phrases a turn). In the base game it doesn't make any chants stronger. In turn-based mode it makes some chants stronger.

That evens out the fact that the linger bonus for Troubadour is now pretty much useless, since base Chanters get by default the ability to have 2 chants up all the time, and it looks impossible to me to get linger up high enough to have it last 2 rounds instead of 1.

The ability duration really, REALLY needs to be looked at. Turn-based makes it so, for instance, Consecrated Ground heals for 5 HP every round for 3 rounds. With a cast time and obviously isn't useful for burst healing, but that's fine it wasn't meant for that.

That is half the healing of the level 1 Priest Spell Restore which is an instant cast for 30 hp.

In real-time  it would heal or 5 hp six times at 10 int, and scale up with int and might for total healing, compared to might only for Restore. For kicks I made a level 20, 18 might, 20 int godlike and without buffing you get 9.4 hp per round for 5 rounds vs 60.5 hp all at once for a 3rd vs 1st level spell. Prestige and practiced healer are both on the character.

Realtime you'd get TEN ticks of healing. That's a big difference.

• Like 3

Hey everyone,

Thank you for the perspective on the durations.  I put a report together for the team to look at and investigate.  If you have anything else to report about durations of abilities and attributes in Turn-Based Mode, please continue to post about it here as I have linked this thread to the report as a reference.

Thanks everyone!