I came from games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2; Ice Wind dale 1 and 2, etc.

I am very fan of invokers: Golems, Elemental, Animals, Undeads, Dragons, Pets, Totem, etc. (An army with varied functions)

:cat: :cat:  :cat: 

There are summoners who use the bixos, but they send poisons to help or ...

Usually this is function of classes like Necromancer, Druids, Totemics and others of the type, in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire,

* What are the classes that conjure / summon creatures?
* To what extent are they strong or do they have a real role, helping the team? (I do not know if to go solo, how?)

If you can speak everything you know about the invokers, I thank you (eg builds, strategies, etc).

I was in the Builds part and did not see any focused on invocations.

Chanters are the primary summoning class in this game. They pair especially well with paladins (multiclass: Herald) as there are good synergies between the chants and auras, both of which apply to the summons. Druids have a handful of summoning spells (blights) and have good regenerating abilities to keep them alive, while priests have an ability that extends the duration of summons on an as-needed basis. A party with all three will allow your summons to play a central role, but a chanter is viable in just about any party configuration.

Chanters also have a "bekoner" subclass that boosts/lowers the cost for summoning abilities at the expense of offensive abilities. I'd check YouTube for some chanter multi builds to get a feel for how they work, especially Herald.

• Like 1

Chanters are the primary summoning class in this game. They pair especially well with paladins (multiclass: Herald) as there are good synergies between the chants and auras, both of which apply to the summons. Druids have a handful of summoning spells (blights) and have good regenerating abilities to keep them alive, while priests have an ability that extends the duration of summons on an as-needed basis. A party with all three will allow your summons to play a central role, but a chanter is viable in just about any party configuration.

Chanters also have a "bekoner" subclass that boosts/lowers the cost for summoning abilities at the expense of offensive abilities. I'd check YouTube for some chanter multi builds to get a feel for how they work, especially Herald.

Is there a place that shows me the list of skills of all classes, and other information?

Is Chanters the one that has more invocations than other classes?

* Does Chanters have any specific ability for invocations or is it a specific subclass of chanters?

* Do Paladins have "Chants / Auras" that strengthen invocations?

* Do clerigos have specific buff spells in invocations?

* Druid in case only guarantees more invocations to the team?

* Summons worth your while in this game? (Or only serve as a tank / wall)

Which Multiclass would look good with Chanters?

(In this case if you have a good build, Classes and SubClasses that match them)

Paladin/Chanter.  Herald.

Paladins provide tankiness and auras that support not only themselves but also the summons.

Build an entire team of Heralds (Paladin/Chanter) and the game is easy mode.  

With a team of 5 Heralds (all beckoners) you can have up to 30 summons on the field at the same time.  

By themselves, each individual summon does 2-3 damage per hit.  But if you field 30 of them, they'll kill anything and tank for you, too.

By the time the enemies kill them, you can resummon them again.  

Summons in this game are AMAZING.  You should try it, especially when multiclassed with Paladins.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

Paladin/Chanter.  Herald.

Paladins provide tankiness and auras that support not only themselves but also the summons.

Build an entire team of Heralds (Paladin/Chanter) and the game is easy mode.  

With a team of 5 Heralds (all beckoners) you can have up to 30 summons on the field at the same time.  

By themselves, each individual summon does 2-3 damage per hit.  But if you field 30 of them, they'll kill anything and tank for you, too.

By the time the enemies kill them, you can resummon them again.  

Summons in this game are AMAZING.  You should try it, especially when multiclassed with Paladins.  

Could you recommend me some build?

Ex: Race (Sub), Sub-categories of Chanter and Paladin, ...

Attributes only know that Intelligence has to be high, ne msei if it affects the auras of the paladin

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Races

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Classes

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Subclasses

Builds (But basically it only has 1.0 versions of the game, and we are already in 4+ version.)

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98193-the-obsidian-boards-build-list-last-modified-22-october-2018/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98193-the-obsidian-boards-build-list-last-modified-22-october-2018/

Is there a place that shows me the list of skills of all classes, and other information?

Is Chanters the one that has more invocations than other classes?

* Does Chanters have any specific ability for invocations or is it a specific subclass of chanters?

* Do Paladins have "Chants / Auras" that strengthen invocations?

* Do clerigos have specific buff spells in invocations?

* Druid in case only guarantees more invocations to the team?

* Summons worth your while in this game? (Or only serve as a tank / wall)

Which Multiclass would look good with Chanters?

(In this case if you have a good build, Classes and SubClasses that match them)

All Chanters have access to the same abilities, some subclasses just emphasize certain abilities over others (Skalds, for example, gain a bonus to offensive invocations while beckoners gain double creature summons for summoning invocations). Chanters are the only class that use "invocations" (that's just the term for their at will abilities) but they're not the only class that can summon (they're just far superior at it). No other class will ever have the word "invocation" in an ability description.

Paladins have auras that protect or empower their allies (these will apply to any nearby summons you have on the field). Since chants work much the same way, there are good synergies to be had when multiclassing. Priests and druids have buff and regeneration spells that affect all allies, including summons. 

I would recommend starting here. Should be one pure chanter (fextralife, from the wiki) and two herald builds, some of which are not focused on summoning but will give you an idea how the classes can synergize: 

https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Chanter

The wiki (first link) will list all of the phrases/invocations by power level, but the best way to explore would be to boot up the game, start a new character, and click "preview ability tree" at character creation. Remember that single class Chanters (not recommended imo) will reach power level 9, while multiclass Chanters (Herald!) will cap out at power level 7. 

Just a heads up, Chanters don't summon armies if that's what you're looking for - only one summon invocation is generally in rotation at a time (edit: per chanter). There are exceptions, such as a phrase that summons a skeleton in addition to whatever else you may have summoned. Some invocations might summon one powerful creature, while others might bring forth a cluster of moderately powerful ones. You'll have to choose the right summon invocation for the situation, but there are plenty of good options.

Keep in mind also that you're not stuck with your choices - if you find that you're not using a phrase or invocation as much as you thought you would, you can always respec your character at any inn.

Can't recommend a beckoner/paladin multi enough; heralds are widely considered one of the most powerful builds. After checking out the wiki and looking through the in-game ability tree, try punching in "Deadfire chanter" and "Deadfire herald" over at YouTube – there are several builds that will give a level by level guide.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

Actually, Beckoners DO summon armies.  A chanter with Beckoner subclass can, with one invocation, summon EIGHT living weapons.  

5 Beckoners = 40 Living Weapons on the field at one time.  

True. Was referring more to one individual beckoner, but yeah - a party of 5 beckoner subclass heralds (or even single class) pretty much runs itself :)

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1

Actually, Beckoners DO summon armies.  A chanter with Beckoner subclass can, with one invocation, summon EIGHT living weapons.  

True. Was referring more to one individual beckoner, but yeah - a party of 5 beckoner subclass heralds (or even single class) pretty much runs itself :)

Does the loss of Enchater's level 8 and 9 spells actually compensate for the Paladin's auras? It seems that the main Aura in this build is the Zealous Endurance [Graze (-50% damage) +3 defense]

Skald only benefits offensive invocations, which they call creatures in the field are considered (Non-Offensive), so this subClass does not generate real bonus for the (Minions), the rest of the bonus for the songs. It left only beckoner that can generates double invocations (3 Skeletons turn 6), 1 dragon turns 2, increasing their offensive power.

Note 1: With Paladino Multiclasse I can make them more resistant / durable.

Do Minions (Invocations) created by the Chanter share HP with the summoner, or does any summoned status affect summoning invocations?

Class Chanter (beckoner), can have x2 Swamp Spore (Can you tell me how this invocation works? Causes poison in area or something else?). besides being able to have 6 invocations of Weapons.

Note: Certain that Single class is less effective than (Chanter / Paladin)?

Troubadour seems to generate Phrases faster, but this warrants or helps in a Spam of Invocations, which makes Beckoner legal is the amount that is reflected in more offensive power (Followed by the resistance that the Paladin offers). But and now?

Troubadour vs. Beckoner vs. Skald?

Is there a Field Aura Limit or do they all add up? (Ex .: 5 Chanter / Paladins) will the 5 auras add up, as well as the Chants?

Is there any "Breed / sub-Racer" that is best suited for "Enchater" and / or "Enchater / Paladin" builds

Chanter/Paladin can use "Called to His Bidding, the Ancient Instruments of Death [WM2]", 5th level (only 8th and 9th can not use.)

List Skills:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Invocation

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Chants

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Paladin

Edited by michel.montenegro

1. Heralds can use everything up to level 7.  However, they'll only get level 7 ancient weapons (the best summons in the game) at level 19.  For most of the game you'll be using Ogres or wurms (which you'll get immediately with Berath's Blessings start at level 4 bonus).  

2.  If you're going to do nothing but summon low level minions, Beckoners are better.  

3.  However, for high level minions, Troubadour is simply better. The problem with Beckoner is that your summons have -50% duration time, which means that you can't continuously keep up high level summons (as it takes a long time to build up the chants to summon things like ancient weapons).  

4.  Spores can charm enemies.  That's the only reason to get them.  Otherwise, ancient weapons is ALWAYS better.  That's the one you want to aim for.

5.  Your auras will buff your summons.  

6. Your summons are independent of you and you do not lose anything if they get damage or killed.  

7.  Berserker/Chanter involves the weapon known as Grave Caller.  Berserkers are confused, meaning that their attacks hit friend and foe.  Grave Caller summons imps every time you kill a skeleton.  So the idea is to have a Berserker in the party AND a chanter (or a multiclass of the two).  The chanter summons the skeletons and the berserker kills them, thereby summoning an army of imps.  

8.  A variant on this is the Essence Interrupter Crit Machine Heath Orlan Rogue/Ranger.  Get your critical chance as high as possible and use essence interrupter to attack summons made by a chanter in your party.  Every time you crit with this weapon, and the target you crit dies, it summons a random minion.  

9.  Paladins multiclass make chanter super tanky, BUT it means you won't get Ancient Weapons until really really late.  It's up to you if you think it's worth it but having two heralds in the party is NEVER a bad idea as the auras the Paladins generate buff the minions, too.  Besides, Paladins with a fire-based build hit pretty hard.  

10.  Another good synergy is Hellwalker (monk)/Chanter.  Idea is to use Turning Wheel for +10 int for longer duration of summons.  With Turning Wheel, you can easily get up to 35 int for 80 second duration summons. If you're a Troubadour, that means you'll have time the time to cast other invocations like the "Energize yourself invocation," which is literally the best inspiration in the game. With Helwalker you get +10 might so you're dishing out a good deal of damage, too in the backlines behind the summons.  To get wounds, use Dance of Death.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

There was a hilarious berserker/chanter summon build around the grave calling blade and chanter skeleton summons.

why? How does it work?

Continuously summon skeletons.

Kill them yourself with Grave Caller.

Recover immediately and increase your action speed with bloodthirst/lust.

Generate either foe-only chillfog (most popular variant) or an infinite army of imps.

• Like 1

1. Heralds can use everything up to level 7.  However, they'll only get level 7 ancient weapons (the best summons in the game) at level 19.  For most of the game you'll be using Ogres or wurms (which you'll get immediately with Berath's Blessings start at level 4 bonus).  

2.  If you're going to do nothing but summon low level minions, Beckoners are better.  

3.  However, for high level minions, Troubadour is simply better. The problem with Beckoner is that your summons have -50% duration time, which means that you can't continuously keep up high level summons (as it takes a long time to build up the chants to summon things like ancient weapons).  

4.  Spores can charm enemies.  That's the only reason to get them.  Otherwise, ancient weapons is ALWAYS better.  That's the one you want to aim for.

7.  Berserker/Chanter involves the weapon known as Grave Caller.  Berserkers are confused, meaning that their attacks hit friend and foe.  Grave Caller summons imps every time you kill a skeleton.  So the idea is to have a Berserker in the party AND a chanter (or a multiclass of the two).  The chanter summons the skeletons and the berserker kills them, thereby summoning an army of imps.  

8.  A variant on this is the Essence Interrupter Crit Machine Heath Orlan Rogue/Ranger.  Get your critical chance as high as possible and use essence interrupter to attack summons made by a chanter in your party.  Every time you crit with this weapon, and the target you crit dies, it summons a random minion.  

1 and 2) 4 Ogres, with a priest on the team, and a x2 Chanter/Paladin (Beckoner), would not it compensate for this problem?

3. -50% of the time? Are you sure? Would not it be -50% HP?

"The chanter's summons are smaller and have half their normal health. Summon Invocations cost +1 Phrases."

4. What are the penalties that charm causes on the enemy? I thought this invocation would cause poison.

7. But does this build make me attack my companions? Do I control the hero or does he attack randomly?

Test it yourself.  I could be wrong but last time I Beckonered the summons were super short duration.  

To be safe, just make everyone a Troubadour.  You can never go wrong with Troubadours.  

No need for priests in a summon party.    Paladins do everything better.  

Yes, confused Berserker attacks everyone in the party (downside!).  But for a Herald that's not a big deal as they're tanky as hell.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

Test it yourself.  I could be wrong but last time I Beckonered the summons were super short duration. 

I tested and time is not reduced! Only HP.

No need for priests in a summon party.    Paladins do everything better.

But paladin despite the cure, do not stay on the edge? I intend to have x2 Chanter / Paladin (Me and the Companion).

I thought about adding to the team: Druid, Ranger, Priest.

I do not mean zero Solo, but playing with five (In the hard difficulty).

If you're going to mass summon, play POTD.  Trust me, you'll do fine.  

Paladins are great everywhere.  If you're going mass summons, no point in Priest, Druid or Ranger.  

Go all chanters with some multiclasses into barb, paladin, or monk.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

If you're going to mass summon, play POTD.  Trust me, you'll do fine.  

Paladins are great everywhere.  If you're going mass summons, no point in Priest, Druid or Ranger.  

Go all chanters with some multiclasses into barb, paladin, or monk.  

What is PoTD?

I want to play with my classmates, I do not know what classes they come from, only some and have a romance (Romance here is good?)

Edited by michel.montenegro

Romance is kinda iffy in this game.  POTD means Path of the Damned- the hardest mode (which isn't that hard with heralds and chanters).

Just go all chanters and heralds and you'll do fine.  Easiest classes in the game.  

Edited by Marigoldran
  • Like 1

Romance is kinda iffy in this game.  POTD means Path of the Damned- the hardest mode (which isn't that hard with heralds and chanters).

Just go all chanters and heralds and you'll do fine.  Easiest classes in the game.  

Only x2 Paladins / chanters, the rest what would you recommend for the 3 spots (Class and SubClass)? Remember that taking this case I do not want to repeat classes.

Helwalker/Ascendant (Monk and Cipher).  Grab the essence interrupter bow which you can get immediately at the beginning of the game and summon things by killing them.  

For monk abilities, get Dance of Death and Swift Strikes and Tenacious Blows.  For cipher, get Echoplastic Echo, Mind Blades, and all of the extra penetration cipher passives.  

I guess if you don't want more chanters, a druid is fine.  Get him Lord Darryn's Voulge and Deltro's Cage (provides electric power levels) and besides summoning stuff he'll electrocute everything around him.  

• Like 1

Or, you could just play the game on Classic or Veteran, and ignore most of the advice here which is highly tailored to playing on Path of the Damned, which may not be very enjoyable if you are completely new to playing Deadfire.

Either way, if you want to play with companions that can also summon, Tekehu as a single class Druid has access to many summoned creatures, including one of the best summons in the game, Watery Double. Other companions that can regularly summon include Pallegina (Herald), Maia (Geomancer), Aloth, Fassina, and Konstanten (Skald or Howler).

• Like 1

I'm a summon freak! But summoner was way more fun in Divinity OS 2. Can't say that PoE is a summoner's dream.

In any other aspect I prefer PoE, but summoner was cooler in D:OS 2.

My additions

1) There are figurines. They allow you to summon creatures ASAP. So any class is able to summon immediately without chanting and waiting. You can make hunting for these figurines a cool roleplay flavour.

2) I don't like beckoners. Their creatures are x2 in quantity, but x2 smaller and weaker. Sometimes it's hard even to see them! I go base chanter (no subclass). Minmaxers should go beckoner. I prefer to summon 2 huge ogres, than 4 ogres half-sized. They look stupid. 

3) Ppl are right about Herald being the best combo (you heal summons and you are very sturdy). But mind the fact that you are locked from 2 top levels of both classes if you multiclass. Top-tier abilities are usually unused anyway, too expensive, but top level summon is a DRAGON. If your goal is to "get the full zoo" it may be a thing.

4) wizards and druids get summoned weaponry (think conjuration daedric weapons in TES)

5) there is a companion she can also be a herald if you choose

• Like 1

Helwalker/Ascendant (Monk and Cipher).  Grab the essence interrupter bow which you can get immediately at the beginning of the game and summon things by killing them.  

For monk abilities, get Dance of Death and Swift Strikes and Tenacious Blows.  For cipher, get Echoplastic Echo, Mind Blades, and all of the extra penetration cipher passives.  

I guess if you don't want more chanters, a druid is fine.  Get him Lord Darryn's Voulge and Deltro's Cage (provides electric power levels) and besides summoning stuff he'll electrocute everything around him.  

x2 "Chanter / Paladin": Then,

As 3rd member says "Monk / Cipher"

as 4th member indicates "Druid"

And as a 5th member? (I thought of someone else's gross damage)

Or, you could just play the game on Classic or Veteran, and ignore most of the advice here which is highly tailored to playing on Path of the Damned, which may not be very enjoyable if you are completely new to playing Deadfire.

Either way, if you want to play with companions that can also summon, Tekehu as a single class Druid has access to many summoned creatures, including one of the best summons in the game, Watery Double. Other companions that can regularly summon include Pallegina (Herald), Maia (Geomancer), Aloth, Fassina, and Konstanten (Skald or Howler).

I'm playing just in PotD mode, it's my first game, but I like challenge.

These two are in my sights, but in doubt.

- Pallegina (Herald - Chanter / Paladin).

- Maia (Geomancer - Ranger / Wizard): Invocations of Magician + Animal Companion, correct?

Note: You have a romance with her, according to the website, I hope it's good.

I am in the doubt in the other 2, and if I repeat even the class "chanters / paladins", I was told that 2 is very strong the team.

I thought about this composition:

Herald * (Healing Wall)

Druid

Wizard

Ranger

? (Possible Rogue)

But it would be all paper except the Herald that would have a very strong healing power.