Turn based for Nintendo Switch?

I want to get the game now that it has turn based combat. However I would prefer to get it on the Switch (once it comes out). I have been trying to find out if the turn based combat will be available for the Swtich on release or not. Has anyone seen any info on this I may have missed? Thank you.

Check the thread announcing the update:

With our Turn-Based mode beta going live, we wanted to assure those waiting for our console version that turn-based mode will also be included at launch for Deadfire's console release. Stay tuned for an exact date once we get one!

Wow I am an idiot and totally missed the large portion at the bottom that clearly states what was was asking. *slowly backs away*

Aaaah, and NOW I understand the other reason for having a turn-based mode. I thought it was a little out of the left field, but you know, whatever floats folk's boats, but now I am enlightened. Consoles are generally a little less suited to RWwP (or even RTS, really) and I can imagine the Switch in particular might be a bit awkward in real-time; I can imagine trying to play PoE2 on something like my 3DS XL would be a bit... Trying. In TBS mode, it's a frack-ton portable as well, since you can just plonk it down and not have to make sure you pause it or something and forget what you were doing, I imagine.

• Like 1

Aaaah, and NOW I understand the other reason for having a turn-based mode. I thought it was a little out of the left field, but you know, whatever floats folk's boats, but now I am enlightened. Consoles are generally a little less suited to RWwP (or even RTS, really) and I can imagine the Switch in particular might be a bit awkward in real-time; I can imagine trying to play PoE2 on something like my 3DS XL would be a bit... Trying. In TBS mode, it's a frack-ton portable as well, since you can just plonk it down and not have to make sure you pause it or something and forget what you were doing, I imagine.

This exactly. That turn-based mode will make their console sales skyrocket. I bet my ass that was the whole point of adding it.