Just bought the Obsidian Deadfire package from GOG...

First let me say that I'm very pleased with the work done on the introduction since the game shipped originally--it's much better now!  It's 95% fixed, I'd say, and was actually enjoyable. The only part of the intro that still sticks out like a sore thumb is the unbelievably verbose description of the dwarf's face... ;)  The narrated description would have been fine if you were reading it in a book--but we're looking at the dwarf in the scene, and there's a sketch of the dwarf's face we see as well--and so the verbosity of the description is way, way over the top and wholly gratuitous--I actually grimaced through that bit of the narration.  A one-liner like "The dwarf had a face only a mother could truly love," or something similar would have been much better--the stuff about the "giant acne craters" (paraphrased) was really too much.  But everything else is much, much better in the intro.  Good job on almost getting it 100%... ;) (Watching the Intro originally inspired me to hold off purchasing the game until now.)

Right now, my impression is that the game is much superior to PoE1 in just about every way.  The musical score in PoE2 is actually excellent--I find it enhances the game.  Where in PoE1, it was as likely to put me to sleep as anything else.  It seemed more of a dirge in the first game...Graphic rendering in PoE2 is much better--noticeably--than PoE1, especially at 3840x2160..!  Very nice. Very nice voice acting, too--giving voice to the lines is a massive improvement over the old days.  I still read, of course, but it is much more enjoyable with voice--good voice, that is.

Still in the very beginning--out of the caves--met the Govenor--but that's all, so far.  I'm sure I will have more to say later on... 

Edited by waltc

It's very well known that I don't make mistakes, so if you should stumble across the odd error here and there in what I have written, you may immediately deduce--quite correctly--that I did not write it... :biggrin: