Can I play this game on my MacBook Pro 2018?

Luvsucklonewolf

Question

I have MacBook Pro 2018 with integrated graphic .

I wonder if I can play this game

I already own a copy of this game on my window pc

Can I share the license or I have to purchase this game again from Mac App Store

Anyone try this game on Mac ? Thanks

Sorry for bad English,

Edited by Luvsucklonewolf

7 answers to this question

Most likely, yes.  Integrated graphics aren't great, but it should be able to run Deadfire okay with medium graphics settings.  Almost anything newer than a 2016 MacBook Pro can run the game as long as you aren't picky about maintaining 60 FPS.

If you already bought Deadfire on Steam or GOG, just use the appropriate Mac version of Steam or GOG Galaxy to install it on your laptop.  There is no need to buy a copy on the Mac App Store.

• Like 1

Of course mine is heating like oven and the cooler goes insane, but they run surprisingly smooth

I used to play it on a 2013 MacBook Pro, and although the cooling fans sounded like a jet readying for takeoff, it worked generally fine with the right graphics settings.  Looking at the recommended specs for Deadfire, it's probably among the oldest Macs that meet the absolute minimum requirements.

It certainly wasn't the best experience, but it honestly felt like it wasn't much worse than the stutters and frame drops as I remember from the Baldur's Gate days.

Of course mine is heating like oven and the cooler goes insane, but they run surprisingly smooth

I used to play it on a 2013 MacBook Pro, and although the cooling fans sounded like a jet readying for takeoff, it worked generally fine with the right graphics settings.  Looking at the recommended specs for Deadfire, it's probably among the oldest Macs that meet the absolute minimum requirements.

It certainly wasn't the best experience, but it honestly felt like it wasn't much worse than the stutters and frame drops as I remember from the Baldur's Gate days.

For how long can laptop survive under such pressure? Several hours of overheating every day - would not it kill processor/anything around it?

For how long can laptop survive under such pressure? Several hours of overheating every day - would not it kill processor/anything around it?

I guess it all depends on the design of the laptop and how well the thermal management software/hardware work.

At least with Macs, the last couple generations of laptops have the logic board mounted in a milled aluminum case.  The bottom half of the computer functions as a large heat sink and keeps the ancillary components relatively protected.  Deadfire might make it noisy and hot, but in the last five years I have yet to break it through strenuous video games or overnight code compiles.

• Like 1