Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patch Notes for 4.1.0

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Same here. I'm getting more fluid FPS during combat and significantly fewer microstutters. Trouble areas like exterior Ft. Deadlight, Queen's Berth, and The Crucible are a tiny bit better.

Slime Wizard

Slime Wizard

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

turn based mode is really cool! q: is there any way to make character barks less frequent or turn them off? bc of the soundset I chose, my character apologizes a lot. like, a lot. It's super distracting .

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 406 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

We did do some optimizations since the last patch - I'm glad they are making a difference!

turn based mode is really cool! q: is there any way to make character barks less frequent or turn them off? bc of the soundset I chose, my character apologizes a lot. like, a lot. It's super distracting .

Yeah, there's a bug where they'll complain when you mouse over an enemy during combat. It'll be fixed in the 4.1.1 hotfix.  In the meantime you could zero out the Game option "Voice Frequency" if it's very annoying.

• AndreaColombo, Wormerine and gruedragon like this

Slime Wizard

Slime Wizard

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That's just what I needed to know. I won't worry about it. thanks for the quick response! turn based mode is really making me look at combat encounters and character building in a fresh new light

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG

Oh so it wasnt just me then? i noticed it running better but i shrugged it off as my imagination

Nope it's def running better!

On a side note, can we fix the minor bug with a stealthed party moving really fast?

BMac

BMac

Programmer

• Developers
  • 406 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer

On a side note, can we fix the minor bug with a stealthed party moving really fast?

Yeah, we'll have that fixed in the next patch as well.
  • AndreaColombo likes this

IMGonnaPetHim

IMGonnaPetHim

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts

Does this patch fix a bug, when your companions have a "want to talk with you" bubble, but in fact there is no new dialog with him?

P.S.

Sorry for my horrible English, it's not my native language.

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts

Yeah, we'll have that fixed in the next patch as well.

Great!

caites

caites

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

any info about next small patch expected release date?

kjellatle@gmail.com

kjellatle@gmail.com

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Finally. Turn based for the win.

All previous updates with their new monsters and dragons and gods to combat gave me nothing, because the real-time combat just kept destroying all my plans going into combat. Maybe I'm just slow.

I'm old-school. SSI Goldbox still (in my heart) is the best games ever.

Now I'm going to start a fresh game of Deadfire, in turn-based mode, and finally enjoy it as much as I should have done the first two times I played it.

Disclaimer: I really loved the game as it was. 

Double disclaimer: Turn based games are always better.

Verde

Verde

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts

any info about next small patch expected release date?

This. I'm finding a lot of small new bugs.

Gmeiser

Gmeiser

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 19 posts

Plans for the next update? A lot of bug has been posted ate beta forum, a Roadmap of PoE features and updates should be a good idea

:brows:

thelee

thelee

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1380 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Plans for the next update? A lot of bug has been posted ate beta forum, a Roadmap of PoE features and updates should be a good idea

:brows:

they said they're collecting feedback until feb. i would expect only a small bug fix at the most until march, essentially.

Frak

Frak

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 403 posts

The word hotfix have been mentioned.  I'm getting warmed up for the hotfix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users