The set of random events at sea could use a significant expansion. Right now I think there are only a handful; surely there can be more added? Crewman gets sick; rats overrun the bilge; somebody needs a flogging for insubordination; the ship hits a doldrum; regular cannon practice; religious holiday; a mysterious theft; dense fog; ship beached on a reef; eerie magical phenomenon; &c. What say you?

Edited by rjshae
  • Like 5

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Is anyone else bothered about the fact that you can get the "Orlan game" event repeatedly? I think I've had it four times, now. Bit of a disappointment, that.

And random events both on land and at sea could use a serious expansion. It's not going to happen, though.

I believe type of random events you get depends on what kind of crew you have - I personally got “Orlan game” twice but encountered a lot of “Make a sacrifice to Ondra” events.

Is anyone else bothered about the fact that you can get the "Orlan game" event repeatedly? I think I've had it four times, now. Bit of a disappointment, that.

And random events both on land and at sea could use a serious expansion. It's not going to happen, though.

I believe type of random events you get depends on what kind of crew you have - I personally got “Orlan game” twice but encountered a lot of “Make a sacrifice to Ondra” events.

Make a sacrifice to Orlan could get pretty hairy.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

There are quite a few random events that are tied to running a crew with low morale and/or low supplies. So running a cheap ship with hardtack might yield some more interesting events.

Hardtack? You're too soft on 'em. Starvation diet for a few days will get you to mutiny territory way faster.