TFS Root and Branch - can't give the books to Tayn

handsomenat

Question

I collected all volumes of The Annals of Llengrath, talked to her about the books without giving them to her, got a journal update suggesting I give them to Tayn first, talked with Tayn about the books but the only option I had was to tell him that I haven't collected them all yet (and I do have all of them). I have no dialogue option to give them to him. I still can give them to Llengrath.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Hello Handsome,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  From what I can see in our bug database, it looks like this one has been fixed for the upcoming patch tomorrow.  If for some reason you notice that the issue is still present post 4.1.0 patch, please let me know so I can have the team investigate this further.

Thanks again Handsome, and sorry for the inconvenience this bug has caused.

Hey Handsome,

Would you mind sending me a copy of your latest save where this is occurring so we can take a deeper look into your particular situation?  If needed you can find instructions on where to find the save files here.  If you could send that to me at support@obsidian.net along with a link to this thread as a reference, i would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you Handsome, and sorry this isn't fixed for you.

Hey Handsome,

I'm glad you were able to get the issue resolved for yourself :)  I would love if you happened to still have the save so we can look into it more in case there are potential future issues with this.  My best guess is that it wasn't as much of a retroactive fix as it may have just been a fix for future Watcher's who weren't already on the quest.  If you could send the save to me at support@obsidian.net, I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks for the help Handsome!

• Like 1

Sorry for the necro but just a heads-up, the bug is still present. Started my current playthrough just a few weeks ago (post patch), got the books for the quest today, Tayn does start a dialogue about not trusting Llengrath but my only real outcome is to say I'll have to look for more books (even though I have them all). Speaking to him again shows the standard dialogue options, no mention of the books. I can refuse to give Llengrath the books on my second conversation with her, but Tayn still provides no new options.

• Like 1

The bug apparently still exists... Given that I can apparently only aquire the godseed-quest if I decide for tayn a 2nd time, and given that I can't hand him the collected annals, this is really a dealbreaker =/

• Like 1