Eder builds/equips? (Now build advice in general)

The mortars are just for the eye candy in the video. Vanishing Strike is really good for bursting a target and crucially triggering your stealth attack procs over and over again. It's really good, though not on the level of the high level Barbarian / Monk / Wizard powers.

Gambit I was pretty disappointed in though. I suspect it would be pretty nuts on lower difficulties, but besides clearing trash faster it's hard to keep the hit rate high enough to consistently get the guile back, and without that guile restored it's a badly overpriced skill that doesn't do all that much more than Crippling Strike once you factor in all the damage mods.

But then again, what is? :p

High level Monk powers are not messing around either. Resonant Touch can burst targets down and Whispers can just pump damage with decent wound generation. Plus those passives and extra power levels giving you super-mythic fists.

Heart of Fury and Barbaric Retaliation transform how you play a character. High armor low deflection zero recovery Barbarian tanks are not a joke.

Whirling Strikes is better than HoF in a vacuum in a lot of ways, but unfortunately has minimal synergy with the class.

High level chanter gets some serious tools, including the dragon killing chant and dragon / enhanced weapons summons and mega bounce Eld Nary. Single class Ascendant with Time Parasite is pretty serious too. Those classes have a lot of good multiclass synergies but the single isn't a joke.

Has anyone had success building him with two handers? Willbreaker in particular seems like it could work nicely to have him soften up targets for the parties CC abilities.

I think I'm gonna build Eder this way on my next run with him. I don't like playing without a morningstar modal in the party, and the dual-wield swashbuckler build always ends up using the Reckless Brigandine which is just so ass-ugly

Also Clear Out and its upgrades target Fortitude as well. So you will not only debuff in an AoE with Clear Out/Clean Sweep/Clear the Path but also those abilities will directly profit from it on the next attack. You can do a lot of AoE dmg with that.

Hence Morning Star is one of the best picks for single class fighter in my opinion.

Hrm, this  still work or not given the maybe-bug ? I've always gone swashbuckler Eder, weird to go pure fighter with him.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

and the dual-wield swashbuckler build always ends up using the Reckless Brigandine which is just so ass-ugly

Yeah, it's ugly un males. But it looks quite ok on female elves :)

Also Clear Out and its upgrades target Fortitude as well. So you will not only debuff in an AoE with Clear Out/Clean Sweep/Clear the Path but also those abilities will directly profit from it on the next attack. You can do a lot of AoE dmg with that.

Wait a second.

Does Clear Out make one or two rolls (first vs deflection, and second vs fortitude for prone check)?

P.S. I haven't used Clear Out before; but am heavily counting on it, as have a tactician/soublade in my plans.

Edit: to answer my own question: there is only 1 roll vs each target, and it is vs Fortitude.

Knock Down, Mule Kick, Clear Out and Power Strike do not care what Deflection does the enemy have.

Edited by MaxQuest

That new 6 party members mod got me reconsidering my comp again, being able to bring serafen means watcher won’t need to be a cipher.

Any thoughs on watcher as barbarian/chanter? Thinking that might work even better with willbreaker than Eder due to spirit frenzy & the weakening chant. Might even go with zerker if i find a way to deal with confuse...

The alternative would be a herald or solo chanter build with sasha’s scimitar, so Eder would end up covering whichever role watcher doesn’t.

That new 6 party members mod got me reconsidering my comp again, being able to bring serafen means watcher won’t need to be a cipher.

Any thoughs on watcher as barbarian/chanter? Thinking that might work even better with willbreaker than Eder due to spirit frenzy & the weakening chant. Might even go with zerker if i find a way to deal with confuse...

The alternative would be a herald or solo chanter build with sasha’s scimitar, so Eder would end up covering whichever role watcher doesn’t.

There's a specific barbarian\beckoner build using the Grave Calling sword to create almost infinite foe-only chill fogs or grave imps by killing your own skeletons.

"As the murderhobo mantra goes: 'If you can't kill it, steal it.'" - Prince of Lies

Yeah, but that's a solo build.  If you're going to summon imps with Gravecaller, just play pure barb or barb/monk or barb/paladin and have someone else be the chanter.  

Heralds are better than barb/chanter (unless you're doing the Gravecaller thing).  They synergize better as chanter doesn't bring much to a barb since chanters are all about passive abilities and summons, whereas barbs are for active abilities.  

Edited by Marigoldran