Does Ring of Focused Flame Work with Essence Interrupter?

No. I just tested it in game. No effect.

The weapon has do deal base burn damage it seems. Lashes have no effect.

The only weapons I know of that do this are Firebrand, Kalakoth's Minor Blights (the burn version) and Dragon's Dowry. The last one is an exception because it only deals pierce base dmg. But I guess this was done because it's all about dragon fire and such.

Essence Interrupter works with Heart of the Storm though (+1 PEN). If you are a Bleak Walker/Wizard (or Druid or Priest) and use it you can even get it to +3 PEN and +10 ACC when using FoD: Heart of the Storm (Essence Interruptor +1 PEN) + Scion of Flame (FoD +1 PEN) + Spirit of Decay (FoD Bleak Walker +1 PEN) + Ring of Focused Flame (which will work with FoD attacks because they are keyworded with burn/fire).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

No. I just tested it in game. No effect.

The weapon has do deal base burn damage it seems. Lashes have no effect.

The only weapons I know of that do this are Firebrand, Kalakoth's Minor Blights (the burn version) and Dragon's Dowry. The last one is an exception because it only deals pierce base dmg. But I guess this was done because it's all about dragon fire and such.

Essence Interrupter works with Heart of the Storm though (+1 PEN). If you are a Bleak Walker/Wizard (or Druid or Priest) and use it you can even get it to +3 PEN and +10 ACC when using FoD: Heart of the Storm (Essence Interruptor +1 PEN) + Scion of Flame (FoD +1 PEN) + Spirit of Decay (FoD Bleak Walker +1 PEN) + Ring of Focused Flame (which will work with FoD attacks because they are keyworded with burn/fire).

What about the Magran's Blessing fire shield?