Can this mod be installed in the mid-game for an existing character ? also, i did not undestand if it is compatible with checoden mod , as dusk78 mentioned that there would be a conflict  (perhaps part of checodens mod is included in the dynamic priest mods?) . which is the other (of the two mods)  that is recommended for this mod beside checoden mod?

No, you definitely need to start afresh. The basic priest changes that Checoden made are fine but anything that affects specific subclasses would not work because they would directly conflict.

Now I'm dreaming of a 'Minoletta's Apprentice' subclass, where you get all the Minoletta spells on level up, you get extra casts of them, but can't use any other spells. It'd be far too good with multiclassing, but.... I do love Magic Missiles.

That's a Mino-lotta!

That is a terrible pun but I love it anyways.

• Like 1

Nice! I was gonna do a berath run anyway. I hope it fits well with Goldpact Knight.

It will though by not single classing you will be missing out on some cool stuff. All the 2.0 versions have PL 8+ abilities that make single classing really pay off.

(I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting this from the Nexus.)

----------------------------

The god(dess) of death, cycles and doors, I thought that spells that overwhelmingly emphasise the cycle of life and decay as well as bit of rebirth would be most appropriate. The priest’s new holy power is called Berath’s Quickening and inflicts DOT Corrode damage as well as the Sicken affliction. The priest of Berath’s passive grants him +2 Power Levels with Corrode/Decay spells and a once per encounter ability Slow the Wheel which is a more powerful version of Arduous Delay.  The priest is penalised by making him receive 15% more damage from all sources. Significantly buffed Incarnate(s) under party control.

Holy Power: Berath’s Quickening

Passive: Berath’s Touch

Spells by PL:

1. Touch of Rot
  2. Autumn's Decay
  3. Infestation of Maggots
  4. Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across
  5. Rot Skulls
  6. Rusted Armor
  7. Call of the Grave  (Calls forth a powerful skeletal vessel to join the party)
  8. Symbol of Berath (Affliction type changed to Enfeebled, making it much more powerful), Delay the Wheel (An AOE greater duration version of Barring Death'S Door)
  9. Hand of Berath (has small AOE and reduces enemy Power Levels by -10), Chosen of Berath (Constitution Affliction Immunity, +3 Penetration with Decay/Acid Spells)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In your early version of Priest of Berath, I combined it with a Greatsword Devoted and completed a whole run (including DLC). I'm grateful for these changes since I've wanted to make such a build since beta but it was always too slow and clunky to get off the ground. Your new version feels better balanced and more interesting for single class, though I'll probably do a second Berath/Greatsword run since I dig that Death Knight style.

I haven't been able to test this stuff but I've got some good experience with Priest of Berath so here's some thoughts:

I'm glad you removed the Enfeebled affliction from Berath's Quickening. It was ludicrously overpowered, especially for a baseline ability. Sickened still fits the theme well, though it'll be a bit annoying versus enemies resistant to CON afflictions.

Slow the Wheel is a nifty ability. I like such effects and will definitely fit this into ability chains.

Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across and Call of the Grave: The former is like Deadfire's version of Corpse Explosion so I like how you incorporated it; I doubt I'll use Call of the Grave as a melee multiclass but I like it more than Garden of Life.

Symbol of Berath, Delay the Wheel, Hand of Berath: Dammit, Stardusk. I'm going to start a third run to use these spicy abilities. I like them all.

Chosen of Berath: Looks good and it's more interesting than vanilla upper level single class passives. More bonuses to Acid/Decay are always appreciated.

The god(dess) of death, cycles and doors, I thought that spells that overwhelmingly emphasise the cycle of life and decay as well as bit of rebirth would be most appropriate. The priest’s new holy power is called Berath’s Quickening and inflicts DOT Corrode damage as well as the Sicken affliction. The priest of Berath’s passive grants him +2 Power Levels with Corrode/Decay spells and a once per encounter ability Slow the Wheel which is a more powerful version of Arduous Delay.  The priest is penalised by making him receive 15% more damage from all sources. Significantly buffed Incarnate(s) under party control.

Spells by PL:

1. Touch of Rot
  2. Autumn's Decay
  5. Rot Skulls
  6. Rusted Armor
  7. Call of the Grave  (Calls forth a powerful skeletal vessel to join the party)
  8. Symbol of Berath (Affliction type changed to Enfeebled, making it much more powerful), Delay the Wheel (An AOE greater duration version of Barring Death'S Door)
  9. Hand of Berath (has small AOE and reduces enemy Power Levels by -10), Chosen of Berath (Constitution Affliction Immunity, +3 Penetration with Decay/Acid Spells)

In your early version of Priest of Berath, I combined it with a Greatsword Devoted and completed a whole run (including DLC). I'm grateful for these changes since I've wanted to make such a build since beta but it was always too slow and clunky to get off the ground. Your new version feels better balanced and more interesting for single class, though I'll probably do a second Berath/Greatsword run since I dig that Death Knight style.

I haven't been able to test this stuff but I've got some good experience with Priest of Berath so here's some thoughts:

I'm glad you removed the Enfeebled affliction from Berath's Quickening. It was ludicrously overpowered, especially for a baseline ability. Sickened still fits the theme well, though it'll be a bit annoying versus enemies resistant to CON afflictions.

Slow the Wheel is a nifty ability. I like such effects and will definitely fit this into ability chains.

Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across and Call of the Grave: The former is like Deadfire's version of Corpse Explosion so I like how you incorporated it; I doubt I'll use Call of the Grave as a melee multiclass but I like it more than Garden of Life.

Symbol of Berath, Delay the Wheel, Hand of Berath: Dammit, Stardusk. I'm going to start a third run to use these spicy abilities. I like them all.

Chosen of Berath: Looks good and it's more interesting than vanilla upper level single class passives. More bonuses to Acid/Decay are always appreciated.

Don't discount the Incarnate(s)...they are all very good now and under party control.

Spells by PL:

1. Touch of Rot
  2. Autumn's Decay
  5. Rot Skulls
  6. Rusted Armor

Posting here instead of the Nexus for more discussion.

I also played a multiclass character, but mine was a Death Godlike Shaman (a Deathrite Shaman if you will) with both the original Berath build and the updated 2.0 build. But also tested a singleclass Priest. I want to echo that most of the changes are great, and here's my two cents.

1. Berath's Quickening and Slow the Wheel

I definitely agree that removing the enfeebled condition was wise as it was too powerful for a baseline ability. Moving it to Symbol of Berath was a smart move to make singleclass more appealing and still keep a flavorful and powerful debuff in house. Slow the Wheel is as Ophiuchus said a nifty ability, it's a cool debuff that's more then just sickened or weakened.

2. The Spells

There's also a lot here that i love, especially the decision to use any and all resources to fully develop the class instead of just using Druid spells. The replacement of Spreading Plague with Infestation of maggots. And Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across, which i was initially skeptical about ended up being one of my favorite new inclusions because of awesome subtheme of using dead bodies. And of course the newly buffed Incarnates, Hand of Berath, Symbol of Berath and my personal favorite Delay the Wheel for single class. Even the bump of Rusted Armor down for PL7 to PL6.

But i'm afraid i have repeat myself from my initial post about Rotskulls being a poor fit for the kit. Not only for conflict with the aesthetic of personifying the Pallid Knight, but with your own Spiritual Weapon and the handfull of other Greatswords to choose from. Hell even a Mace like Frostfall which synergizes with your afflictions and harkens back the talent the Pallid Hand. I just never found a reason to cast it, and when i forced myself to i was always supremely underwhelmed. Call of the Grave is an improvement over Garden of Life which i always felt was more Gaunite then Berathian. But after testing it, i never found a reason to cast it. On both my multiclass, and on single class where i had access to my Incarnates which were vastly more effective.

3. The Changes

I feel i must rescind my suggestions from my original post as Toxic strike forces a player to use a weapon to gain any effect, and Entropy thematically steps on Ryrgands toes too much. In regards to what spells i would suggest, i would recommended replacing Rotskulls with the spell Rygrims Enervating Terror to invoke the fear of Berath and of death itself as well as being a true CC spell and keeping on the theme. Or perhaps an empowered version of Concelhauts Corrosive Siphon to provide the Berathian an alternative way of self healing by draining the life from his foes to offset his own increased damage intake. And lastly Call of the Grave. I feel you really struck gold with the idea of using enemies bodies for gain. Perhaps a spell like Boil Thier Flesh from Skin To Bone or Death Ring, something to interact with the mechanic of Near Death and provide an on theme offensive spell at PL7 

So a spell list like

1. Touch of Rot

2. Autumns Decay

5. Ryngrim's Enervating Terror or Concelhauts Corrosive Siphon 

6. Rusted Armor

7. Boil Their Flesh from Skin To Bone or Death Ring

8. Symbol of Berath, Delay the Wheel

9. Hand of Berath

But all in all these changes are great and you continue to do great work

Edited by Omeganova
  • Like 1

Worth mentioning, a renamed Concelhaut's Missiles thing would fit with Berath. Not sure CC specifically needs to be the theme, just because Death is, you know... Death. Death is terrifying, yes... But when it comes for you, you're kind of too dead to care. 'Holy Terror' seems more Skaen's thing. Keep in mind, also... You aren't a priest of Death, or The God of Death... You are a Priest of BERATH, specifically, with all the characterization that implies. Both halves of Berath seem to be aware that they inspire fear, but don't go out of their way to use it or cause it, it's just ... there. Berath is very no nonsense, and not inclined to mucking about with uneeded things. Pretty sure if she wanted you dead, she'd kill you, and nothing else.

Spells by PL:

• Touch of Rot
  • Autumn's Decay
  • Infestation of Maggots
  • Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across
  • Rot Skulls
  • Rusted Armor
  • Call of the Grave  (Calls forth a powerful skeletal vessel to join the party)
  • Symbol of Berath (Affliction type changed to Enfeebled, making it much more powerful), Delay the Wheel (An AOE greater duration version of Barring Death'S Door)
  • Hand of Berath (has small AOE and reduces enemy Power Levels by -10), Chosen of Berath (Constitution Affliction Immunity, +3 Penetration with Decay/Acid Spells)

Posting here instead of the Nexus for more discussion.

I also played a multiclass character, but mine was a Death Godlike Shaman (a Deathrite Shaman if you will) with both the original Berath build and the updated 2.0 build. But also tested a singleclass Priest. I want to echo that most of the changes are great, and here's my two cents.

1. Berath's Quickening and Slow the Wheel

I definitely agree that removing the enfeebled condition was wise as it was too powerful for a baseline ability. Moving it to Symbol of Berath was a smart move to make singleclass more appealing and still keep a flavorful and powerful debuff in house. Slow the Wheel is as Ophiuchus said a nifty ability, it's a cool debuff that's more then just sickened or weakened.

2. The Spells

There's also a lot here that i love, especially the decision to use any and all resources to fully develop the class instead of just using Druid spells. The replacement of Spreading Plague with Infestation of maggots. And Their Putrid Stench Wafts Across, which i was initially skeptical about ended up being one of my favorite new inclusions because of awesome subtheme of using dead bodies. And of course the newly buffed Incarnates, Hand of Berath, Symbol of Berath and my personal favorite Delay the Wheel for single class. Even the bump of Rusted Armor down for PL7 to PL6.

But i'm afraid i have repeat myself from my initial post about Rotskulls being a poor fit for the kit. Not only for conflict with the aesthetic of personifying the Pallid Knight, but with your own Spiritual Weapon and the handfull of other Greatswords to choose from. Hell even a Mace like Frostfall which synergizes with your afflictions and harkens back the talent the Pallid Hand. I just never found a reason to cast it, and when i forced myself to i was always supremely underwhelmed. Call of the Grave is an improvement over Garden of Life which i always felt was more Gaunite then Berathian. But after testing it, i never found a reason to cast it. On both my multiclass, and on single class where i had access to my Incarnates which were vastly more effective.

3. The Changes

I feel i must rescind my suggestions from my original post as Toxic strike forces a player to use a weapon to gain any effect, and Entropy thematically steps on Ryrgands toes too much. In regards to what spells i would suggest, i would recommended replacing Rotskulls with the spell Rygrims Enervating Terror to invoke the fear of Berath and of death itself as well as being a true CC spell and keeping on the theme. Or perhaps an empowered version of Concelhauts Corrosive Siphon to provide the Berathian an alternative way of self healing by draining the life from his foes to offset his own increased damage intake. And lastly Call of the Grave. I feel you really struck gold with the idea of using enemies bodies for gain. Perhaps a spell like Boil Thier Flesh from Skin To Bone or Death Ring, something to interact with the mechanic of Near Death and provide an on theme offensive spell at PL7 

So a spell list like

1. Touch of Rot

2. Autumns Decay

5. Ryngrim's Enervating Terror or Concelhauts Corrosive Siphon 

6. Rusted Armor

7. Boil Their Flesh from Skin To Bone or Death Ring

8. Symbol of Berath, Delay the Wheel

9. Hand of Berath

But all in all these changes are great and you continue to do great work

Thanks for the feedback. I will consider alternatives for PL 5 and PL 7 if the consensus is truly that Rot Skulls and Call of the Grave are not worth using. I am currently working on Rymrgand so I will likely finish that first.

I agree with Omeganova's thoughts on replacing Rot Skulls with Enervating Terror or a variant like Secret Horrors. It's a fun flavor spell but like they mentioned, it clashes with the summoned Greatsword and feels clunky. It's also been devalued since affliction attacks don't work with the AoE, and a mid/backline Priest would probably benefit more from a stat stick. The only small qualm I would have with Enervating Terror is the Weakened effect slightly devaluing Berath's Quickening by overriding Sickness but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I should've mentioned this in my last post but I dislike non-Chanter summons so I'm impartial to the Incarnate(s) and Call of The Grave.

Edit: I'm also glad you replaced Spreading Plague with Infestation of Maggots: you can raise a family in the time it takes for it to bounce.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1

Alright, this should absolutely be the finalised version of Berath, having listened to feedback and play-tested it:

PL 5 Death Ring (thematically fits, useful but not too useful and does not compromise the melee weapon)

PL 7 Death Blow (Enhanced version of Toxic Strike, greater Corrode, longer DOT and Enfeeble Affliction, suits the Pallid Knight aspect)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/287?tab=files

I still have 6 active gods (Rymrgand, Gaun, Woedica, Magran, Skaen and Eothas) and 4 to make from scratch (Abydon, Hylea, Ondra and Galawain) so barring bugs I consider both Wael and Berath finalised and done (forever). Much work remains for all the others and those yet to be created.

Edited by Stardusk78
  • Like 3

This is awesome! I've been playing a priest of berath with this and it feels ****ing stellar. I'm gonna wait until you release magran to continue because that's the one I really want to play ;D

Magran is coming though I am currently working on Eothas and some other smaller mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know how easy this is to fix of a bug, but Wael's Illusory Aegis replaces spirit shield for wizards. Wizards are straight up unable to cast spirit shield with the mod installed.

That is the old version. It has been fixed in subsequent versions. Download the latest version and it should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded this mod and the enhanced subclasses are powerful and fun. Wael's 7th level spell is showing as just Spirit Shield, not sure if that's intended. 

Really looking forward to the release of more subclasses in the future, keep up the great work!

Downloaded this mod and the enhanced subclasses are powerful and fun. Wael's 7th level spell is showing as just Spirit Shield, not sure if that's intended. 

Really looking forward to the release of more subclasses in the future, keep up the great work!

I have uploaded a version where this bug should be fixed. Do let me know.

Small update: Gaun has been done for a while but there are recurring problems with the NPC progression table that make it not register with Xoti, meaning the PC can play a priest of Gaun fine but not the major NPC. Eventually I hope to fix this. For the time being I will likely be moving on to Skaen and possibly release the two around the same time.

• Like 3