Holy crow is this a phenomenal mod. I have to hand it to you for going the distance and learning modding from scratch - your efforts have definitely paid off.

I'm about to pass out so I'll go into more in depth feedback tomorrow/Sunday but I'll leave you with my two favorite combinations so far:

(Also, your changes to Berath's Quickening were right on the nose.)

Thank you for the positive and helpful feedback. I am currently working on Abydon and will do all the other gods. They will be at least as cool if not cooler than the other gods. Very glad you enjoy the mod and if you can leave an endorsement on the Nexus, would be appreciated. Inbetween my modding and testing doing a ranged (Spearcaster) single class Skaen priest run, works very well and I cannot wait to use Incarnate because it is actually a good spell now.

Edited by Stardusk78
  • Like 1

Yeah this is some seriously good stuff.

Will it work on current game saves?

Also it would be helpful to add a description of the new passives and holy auras.

The descriptions are all written out on the Nexus, just click the link. Sadly you cannot retroactively change the progression table so you would ideally need a clean save.

Yeah this is some seriously good stuff.

Will it work on current game saves?

You can use Unity Console to remove older abilities (Priest of Skaen, for example will have the default Holy Radiance instead of the new power) then respec and it should work fine.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

Edited by Ophiuchus

This is such an impressive mod - a huge thank you for putting this together.

Just a few questions/suggestions. Would you consider re-balancing the L9 vanilla priest spells (in the same way that you did for Incarnate). The likes of 'Hand of Berath' and 'Revenge of Skaen' etc. are all very weak and I'd love to see what you could do with them - I would consider this (together with your mod content) to be the last essential fix that the Deadfire priest tree needs.

As an aside, I've also always thought it strange that priests of any deity get access to all the other deities L9 spells. (e.g. Why can priests of Eothas learn Revenge of Skaen). I feel it would be good to change that and restrict each priest to only have the L9 spells appropriate to their deity.

• Like 2

^

It'd be interesting to see L9 priest spells majorly buffed, but restricted to ONLY the one spell.

After seeing those clips though... I am... hesitant to actually use this mod now. That seems a little TOO much, a bit TOO good.

I am still interested in having Holy Radiance/Extra Holy Ability thing, but.... Shrug. Maybe things were just excessively min-maxed, or affected by another mod as well, in those clips.

• Like 1

I've been testing Priest of Rymrgand this afternoon and have run into a couple issues: the name and description for Rymrgand’s Icestorm are showing nullstring errors instead, and when I level up, the summary screen shows a blank ability.

^

It'd be interesting to see L9 priest spells majorly buffed, but restricted to ONLY the one spell.

After seeing those clips though... I am... hesitant to actually use this mod now. That seems a little TOO much, a bit TOO good.

I am still interested in having Holy Radiance/Extra Holy Ability thing, but.... Shrug. Maybe things were just excessively min-maxed, or affected by another mod as well, in those clips.

I should point out that I pared Stardusk's mod with Deadfire Tweaks, and also the training dummies have horrible defenses and don't upscale.

Edited by Ophiuchus

Can I install this mod in the middle of a playthrough if I haven't yet recruited the companion I want it to affect? (I'm hoping to use it for Vatnir, and haven't gotten him yet.)

I don't *think* it should cause any problems so long as you haven't recruited him yet but it's been a while. Just in case, you can use Unity Console (also on the Nexus) to set things right.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

• Like 1

Some thoughts on Priest of Rymrgand after testing it out this afternoon:

While losing access to Restoration and Fire spells feels rigid, I feel in a way that suits the kit thematically, and it greatly expands on the offense/inspiration theme, which works well on its own or when multiclassed (owing to one of the core strengths of your overall mod). I enjoy the spell selection, how the spells synergize by lowering appropriate defenses and providing crowd control - the Helm of the White Void makes this beastly.

My only nitpick is the Bloodied/Near Death passive since the class doesn't have an inborn way of lowering health like Mortification of the Soul or Berserker Frenzy.

Here's some single class Priest of Rymrgand footage for those interested:

• Like 1

Nuking a bunch of Console-spawned tightly clustered rotgasts from stealth may look cool but it is not how the game plays. Go record POTD solo on splintered reef or flooded cave or fampyr cave or Sissak's nest... Those are better representations of what you will be up against. Not to diss what you did, it's just not a good representation of the real potd experience.

Nuking a bunch of Console-spawned tightly clustered rotgasts from stealth may look cool but it is not how the game plays. Go record POTD solo on splintered reef or flooded cave or fampyr cave or Sissak's nest... Those are better representations of what you will be up against. Not to diss what you did, it's just not a good representation of the real potd experience.

Pish posh. I'm having fun showing off his mod and I never claimed it represented a true hardcore xtreme experience.

• Like 2

Can I install this mod in the middle of a playthrough if I haven't yet recruited the companion I want it to affect? (I'm hoping to use it for Vatnir, and haven't gotten him yet.)

It depends. If your focus is Vatnir, and you have not recruited him yet, it should be ok.

• Like 1

Some thoughts on Priest of Rymrgand after testing it out this afternoon:

While losing access to Restoration and Fire spells feels rigid, I feel in a way that suits the kit thematically, and it greatly expands on the offense/inspiration theme, which works well on its own or when multiclassed (owing to one of the core strengths of your overall mod). I enjoy the spell selection, how the spells synergize by lowering appropriate defenses and providing crowd control - the Helm of the White Void makes this beastly.

My only nitpick is the Bloodied/Near Death passive since the class doesn't have an inborn way of lowering health like Mortification of the Soul or Berserker Frenzy.

Here's some single class Priest of Rymrgand footage for those interested:

As this mod is still effectively in Beta, let me know what passive you would prefer. I cannot playtest everything. I am inclined to swap the passive, perhaps to a flat 15% Action Speed increase with the entropic theme. We'll see.

• Like 1

Just a few questions/suggestions. Would you consider re-balancing the L9 vanilla priest spells (in the same way that you did for Incarnate). The likes of 'Hand of Berath' and 'Revenge of Skaen' etc. are all very weak and I'd love to see what you could do with them - I would consider this (together with your mod content) to be the last essential fix that the Deadfire priest tree needs.

As an aside, I've also always thought it strange that priests of any deity get access to all the other deities L9 spells. (e.g. Why can priests of Eothas learn Revenge of Skaen). I feel it would be good to change that and restrict each priest to only have the L9 spells appropriate to their deity.

I can have a look at it. I wanted to keep the mod functional and not introduce too much bloat but changing values on spells seems reasonable. Let me see what I can do.

As stated the mod is currently hidden because of numerous problems but I have taken your suggestion to heart. I will be examining all of the PL 9 Priest abilities and appropriately buffing them. Additionally I restrict their access to the deity in question. This should make playing single class priests all the more unique and potent.

I have currently hidden the file on the Nexus because of several bugs and very mysterious things happening with the files.

Can you elaborate a bit? I just put it in my override folder, wondering whether I should take it out.

Two priests have issues at the moment, Magran and Rymrgand. Everything else is working fine but as there will be changes in the future as well as new deities to be introduced, things will look different in time.

Edited by Stardusk78
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for looking into my suggestions. I noticed you recently hid the mod on Nexus. Having played with your mod for a while its now actually pretty damn hard to go back to vanilla priests  - hence me posting here hoping that the mod files go live again at some point soon :)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for looking into my suggestions. I noticed you recently hid the mod on Nexus. Having played with your mod for a while its now actually pretty damn hard to go back to vanilla priests  - hence me posting here hoping that the mod files go live again at some point soon :)

Dynamic Priests + Deadfire Tweaks + TT1 Unique Items + Deadly Deadfire feels like the ultimate experience.

• Like 2

I can make it available again but it is very much Beta and I am currently working on a major overhaul in addition to an Underepresented Mods mod. There is a lot to do. If you really want the relatively buggy mod available I can make it visible again.