Yeah it does get boring doing it over and over if you're trying different classes or whatever.

You'd have thought Obsidian wouldn't have forgot the best improvement made to an RPG in Fallout New Vegas, having the game opening up pretty much immediately.

• Like 1

nowt

I already basically have all the achievements i need, so rushing from boat landing to digsite to clario/PortMaje via F11 teleport makes my quality of life better.  It also makes it beter for visiting other challenging areas of the game.  The key is just leaving Port Maje on the boat the right way so you have your boat (otherwise the game gets a little wonky).

But after that, F11 lets you teleport to Wild Mare, Tikarawa, Sakyua, etc. and key locations like Fampyr Cave, Splintered Reef, shops etc.  If you're not worried about immersion/RP and you've visited all these places before, it's a lifesaver.

• Like 1

Yeah it does get boring doing it over and over if you're trying different classes or whatever.

You'd have thought Obsidian wouldn't have forgot the best improvement made to an RPG in Fallout New Vegas, having the game opening up pretty much immediately.

I have a solution to this. I keep a lvl 10-ish save in Tikawara that has a good amount of coin. Anytime I want to try out new characters I add them to that save, and run them through the surrounding battles and Lagufeth Broodmother, and if I need longer testing I’ll run them through Poko Kahara

Btw, for those of you who were beta testers like me, it’s a wonderful bit of a nostalgia playing through those experiences again. Dead fires beta was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. Not sure how many hundreds of hours I put into it.

• Like 1

I have a solution to this. I keep a lvl 10-ish save in Tikawara that has a good amount of coin. Anytime I want to try out new characters I add them to that save, and run them through the surrounding battles and Lagufeth Broodmother, and if I need longer testing I’ll run them through Poko Kahara

Btw, for those of you who were beta testers like me, it’s a wonderful bit of a nostalgia playing through those experiences again. Dead fires beta was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever. Not sure how many hundreds of hours I put into it.

I've been doing this to, but I've noticed that the OpenCharacterCreation command tends to make you lose some buffs like Gift of the Machine or Effigy, and maybe dings you on Berath Blessing augements to your skills.  You can console around this.   Plus I would point out that even if you do nothing else, using the F11 command to get around (once you've enabled cheats, which I presume you've done to use OpenCharacterCreation command) is pretty awesome.