Should KOTOR 2 have muliplayer?

i really wonder why games cannot be more than a single dvd in length i wish kotor was at 2 disk long, woud have loved if it had been 4.

Maybe they don't need be. What's the storage space on a DVD? At least 4.8 GBs and probably more? How big do you really want your games to be. At any rate, on the XBox once you take the DVD out of the drive the game ends so all XBox games need to fix on one DVD. 3D games also need less space and discs than 2D games as well. Compare Fallout Tactics against Deus Ex 1 for instance. 3 CDs versus 1 CD.

Keen, certainly... but did you ever think about the cost?

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

i really wonder why games cannot be more than a single dvd in length i wish kotor was at 2 disk long, woud have loved if it had been 4.

4 DVDs would be waaay too big unless 3 of those CDs were for music and items and graphics or whatever. waaaay too big. It would take too long to come out, or if it didn't take long, then it would probably be ala morrowind.

Should KOTOR 2 have mulipalyer. KOTOR was the first RGP that i have fully finished. So is muliplayer really nessacry for an RGP?

No, I don't believe that multiplayer is a "must have" for an RPG and even if they put it in the next KOTOR, if that is what they are developing, I won't use it because I like playing my games alone :) I hope they put an NPC like Bastila in the next game...she ruled! :rolleyes:

Think of it a as classic pen&paper RPG. You play together with a few friends and experience a great story together.

I totally agree that a great story is only possible in a single-player RPG and therefore I don't like MMORPGs (I need a story and I want to be the hero).

But I also think that a great story is possible in multiplayer when you are playing with only a few friends. Take a look at Neverwinter Nights. There are many modules out that feature a great story for a party of about 4-6 people. And it works.

So I think if multiplayer is only for 4-6 people, the game can still have a fantastic storyline if done right.

But if the story would suffer from multiplayer I would prefer a single-player only game.