Hi. Long time lurker and I appreciate the help this community gives and seems friendly.

So I got the highly addictive case of restartitus and have been looking for a build (still haven't completed the story though putting quite a few hours in but still fairly new) playing on veteran

I'm interested in the fate testarossa build but I would love to use dual guns. Then I came across the gypsy thunder build but when trying it got bored fairly quickly, which then gave me an idea. Would those 2 builds work together? Could I cause a thunder storm while shooting thunder at them? So this is where I am at also taking a few inspirations from sintee's gunfu monk. (awesome build but as my MC I don't want to be forced into decisions)

Class: monk (helwalker) /druid (fury)

Race:pale elf

Stats:

MIG: 18

CON: 10

DEX: 11

PER: 20

INT: 16

RES: 03

Adding berath blessing for +2 onto each

Skills and abilities I'm currently not sure on those going to pick as I go. This is what I really need help with.

Next problem is blunderbuss or pistol? If pistol I'm looking at going towards arcane blaster and thundercrack. If blunderbuss not a clue other than kitchen stove (maybe hand mortars) however have I made my build not as effective with blunder as my might is high?

I'm thinking deltro cage might be the armour for that boast to lightening damage too. Don't know if the recovery time will be worth it though.

Anyway thanks for reading and looking forward to your input.

PS. Kind of imagining this char loosely based on storm from x-men

Helwalker with +10 INT is destined for hand mortars. Seriously. I know I say that often but it's just the best pick. ALso because of Stunning Surge + AoE = always a crit in there for refund. Against single targets you can summon Long Pain or switch to Fury form or switch to normal blunderbusses or pistols.

What I want to try next is a mid/melee range single class Fury with blunderbusses/hand mortars. The goal is Avenging Storm + multihits of course. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Started this just after I posted as my mc and got the point of using 1 of the hand mortars I stole off serafen (I like him better in melee anyway) and holy crap the destruction is amazing. Long pain is what I want to go with as a backup, crush damage seems to be pretty low in terms of enemies being immune. All in all Im enjoying making this build. Thinking maybe nalpazca would have been better because I fall if someone even looks at me the wrong way but that's what pallegina and eder and serafen is for.

What I want to try next is a mid/melee range single class Fury with blunderbusses/hand mortars. The goal is Avenging Storm + multihits of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing your results. Honestly been following your posts from poe1 and have to say you've helped me a lot when I have been overwhelmed with stats and mechanics. So thank you

• Like 2

Helwalker with +10 INT is destined for hand mortars. Seriously. I know I say that often but it's just the best pick. ALso because of Stunning Surge + AoE = always a crit in there for refund. Against single targets you can summon Long Pain or switch to Fury form or switch to normal blunderbusses or pistols. 

Single-Class Helwalker Monk with hand mortars – that was the remedy for my crippling restartitis. Was very effective from start till end, and got tons of style.

Boeroer, bring in the gifs! =)

• Like 2

Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?

Nobody speak, nobody get choked

Have to say. The monk part is cool but I'm loving this druid lightening. Always felt something missing with druid in poe1. Once I've finished my playthrough I may write a build for this. Then again it's essentially fate testarossa with blunderbusses and the melee abilities ignored

Unfortunately Battle Forged is crap in Deadfire. But maybe I can try. :)

By the way here's Vanishing Mortars:

vanishin_strike_assassin.gif?dl=1

An important factor is to enchant Hand Mortar with Blinding Smmoke and put it into the main hand to unlock Deathblows asap. Or you use Smoke Grenade or Pernicous Cloud.

The clou with Vanishing Strikes is that the invisibility it brings does not break on attack(!). That means Assassinate and Backstabs (if near enough) all the time. And you won't get attacked and can plan all shots very carefully without getting bothered. Being a Glass Cannon is no risk.

Works equally well with a Streetfighter (because of Powder Burns). Damage with Vanishing Strike is nearly the same (less PEN on Poweder Burns but more direct damage due to Heating Up). But of course you'll get more mileage out of Streetfigther/mortars before getting Vanishing Strikes due to higher attack speed and more Sneak Attack dmg.

Also: Gambit with mortars is broken. You get bonus damage per remaining Guile. Gambit refunds Guile on crit. With mortars you crit a LOT in an AoE. But the refund is capped at 4 max. But internally, during the attack, it seems that your "inner" Guile counter raises like crazy and only after the attack the regain is cut to 4. Taht means that all the AoE attacks profit from immense dmg bonus due to "internal Guile". I saw numbers like +260% dmg bonus just from Gambit. Only possible with mortars. ;)

But Vanishing Strikes is also very nice with melee weapons like Battle Axes + Assassin + Backstab. Remember: the invisibility doesn't break, so the DoT problem (ticks make you visible) does not exist here.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Deleted a few posts. I would recommend commenting on the subject and the ideas, not on fellow posters.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein