I would like to make a full 5 man custom party where all of them have Devoted as the Fighter subclass. But I don't want to just to use one build for all five. I want to roleplay a bit with them. I already searched youtube and found some Fextralife builds but I was wondering if someone has an idea for a party that would fit well together. 

Cheers in advance my fellow gamers!

Devoted/Zerker (swords with Modwyr).

Devoted/Paladin (healing and tankiness)

Devoted/Ranger (hunting bow- Essence Interrupter).  

Devoted/Cipher (blunderbuss).  

Devoted/Chanter (cuz every party is better with a chanter).  

The downside with this comp is that against certain bosses (with massive AR) most of your team is useless.  

You really need a full cipher to give Driving Echoes in the late game for the Penetration.  

if you're worried about Pen, have one Devoted at least go Estoc and everyone can eat Hot Razor Skewers.

if you have a Devoted/Priest they can give  +2 PEN with Champion's Boon (single target) as well.

i think Estoc + modal + devoted puts you at 14 Pen, which is 16 after Hot Razor Skewers and 18 after Champion's Boon?  factor in some AR debuffs as suggested above

Edited by brasilgringo

You def. need no Cipher to deal with high PEN in the late game. Just completed my xth PotD playthrough which had no cipher whatsoever and didn't miss one. Also +8 PEN is pretty useless on an immune enemy.

A nice combo is also Devoted/Monk with Stiletto/Fists. It's very high PEN with the Stilettos as well as with the fists and you'll have both weapon proficiencies. You'll cover pierce and crush with high PEN.

A Devoted/Barbarian or a Devoted/Chanter or a single class Devoted should use a Morning Star. Debuffing fortitude is very helpful on PotD. And with Clear Out etc. you can do that on an AoE. Morning Stars have two damage types and good PEN.

Generally I would advise to pick dual dmg weapons (sword, hammer, morning star, pollaxe, great sword, bows, hand mortars, Kapana Taga) or pick Monastic Unarmed Training for backup.

Devoted/Wizard with Pike becomes strong once Citzal's is up. As backup you'll have spells (and Essential/Substantial Phantoms who don't suffer the penalty).

Devoted/Sharpshooter with dual mortars and Evasive Roll (zip in, fire a Penetrating Strike, zip out) is quite the show. +7 PEN on mortars is... convincing. ;) Driving Flight and the build-in jump from one of the mortars make this a little nuke. Add Heaven's Cacophony for the tough encounter...

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Devoted/Berserker is interesting because you'll get a high crit rate and +4 PEN from Devoted's bonus and Berserker's Frenzy while the Devoted's Constant Recovery and Unbending help to manage the Berserker's self damage. You need to find a way to get rid of the confusion though (get Devil of Caroc's Breastplate or Modwyr or eat Captain's Banquet or Luminous Lobster while resting). If it's not Modwyr I would pick Monring Star. Morning Star is great on a Brute because Body Blows + Staggered from Spirit Frenzy means - 35 Fortitude for your enemy. And Mule Kick targets Fortitude. Also you'll get Brute Force at some point which lets you attack the weaker defense (deflection or fortitude).

I am playing a Devoted/Skald atm. The best part is Clear Out. It will generate many crits if your INT is high. Many crits = very quick phrase generation for invocations. Also here Morning Star is great. So if you want a Devoted/Berserker with sword(s) (Modwyr) then this fellow could grab a Morning Star. But Troubadour is also great.

Devoted/Wizard (no subclass or Blood Mage) would go for Pike. Citzal's does - as all pikes - only pierce damage. BUT Citzal's AoE splash does crush damage. So you are not entirely screwed. if you meet pierce-immune foes. If you struggle against a single target summon Concelhaut's Draining Touch, then a Phantom and let it attack said single target.

Another advantage of pikes is that you can lower enemies' deflection by 10 with Clear Out. Also Clear Out + Citzal's is like a nuke because it's AoE hits * AoE hits which generates a ton of damage.

Devoted/Sharpshooter with mortars would be my pick. Just because Penetrating Strike + Devoted's Bonus + Sharpshooter's Bonus is nice. They do the same as Citzal's: the initial dmg is pierce only, but the AoE splash does slash damage. A nice alternative would be Devoted/Streetfighter since Powder Burn triggers his awesome "Heating Up" passive.

Devoted/Nalpasca would be my pick. Wound generation via damage, drugs and Enduraing Dance of Death is awesome and easy.  Instead of melee you could also try to use this one ranged (front line gets kind of crowded already). Stunning Surge and especially Flagellant's Path are great with AoE weapons like Rod (+Blast) or dual mortars (best pick imo).

I personally wouldn't go without a Devoted/Priest (I know by now we are at 6 party members ;)). Subclass doesn't matter that much, but maybe I'd pick Priest of Woedica and do sabre + Monastic Unarmed Training - because that Priest gets pretty awesome summoned claws as spell which sclase with level and Monastic Unarmed Training. Also here you'd have the advantage of two weapon proficiencies. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I thought Obsidian already nerfed the Woedica spiritual weapon (claw) scaling with Monk fists and level?  Or am I confused. 

The other benefit of Woedica is you get Writ of Sorcery which shuts down mobs from spellcasting in a pretty big AOE (if you have high INT) and for a decent duration - except it doesn't seem to work on Sigils or other item-type mobs.  

Devoted/Berserker is interesting because you'll get a high crit rate and +4 PEN from Devoted's bonus and Berserker's Frenzy while the Devoted's Constant Recovery and Unbending help to manage the Berserker's self damage. You need to find a way to get rid of the confusion though (get Devil of Caroc's Breastplate or Modwyr or eat Captain's Banquet or Luminous Lobster while resting). If it's not Modwyr I would pick Monring Star. Morning Star is great on a Brute because Body Blows + Staggered from Spirit Frenzy means - 35 Fortitude for your enemy. And Mule Kick targets Fortitude. Also you'll get Brute Force at some point which lets you attack the weaker defense (deflection or fortitude).

I am playing a Devoted/Skald atm. The best part is Clear Out. It will generate many crits if your INT is high. Many crits = very quick phrase generation for invocations. Also here Morning Star is great. So if you want a Devoted/Berserker with sword(s) (Modwyr) then this fellow could grab a Morning Star. But Troubadour is also great.

Devoted/Wizard (no subclass or Blood Mage) would go for Pike. Citzal's does - as all pikes - only pierce damage. BUT Citzal's AoE splash does crush damage. So you are not entirely screwed. if you meet pierce-immune foes. If you struggle against a single target summon Concelhaut's Draining Touch, then a Phantom and let it attack said single target.

Another advantage of pikes is that you can lower enemies' deflection by 10 with Clear Out. Also Clear Out + Citzal's is like a nuke because it's AoE hits * AoE hits which generates a ton of damage.

Devoted/Sharpshooter with mortars would be my pick. Just because Penetrating Strike + Devoted's Bonus + Sharpshooter's Bonus is nice. They do the same as Citzal's: the initial dmg is pierce only, but the AoE splash does slash damage. A nice alternative would be Devoted/Streetfighter since Powder Burn triggers his awesome "Heating Up" passive.

Devoted/Nalpasca would be my pick. Wound generation via damage, drugs and Enduraing Dance of Death is awesome and easy.  Instead of melee you could also try to use this one ranged (front line gets kind of crowded already). Stunning Surge and especially Flagellant's Path are great with AoE weapons like Rod (+Blast) or dual mortars (best pick imo).

I personally wouldn't go without a Devoted/Priest (I know by now we are at 6 party members ;)). Subclass doesn't matter that much, but maybe I'd pick Priest of Woedica and do sabre + Monastic Unarmed Training - because that Priest gets pretty awesome summoned claws as spell which sclase with level and Monastic Unarmed Training. Also here you'd have the advantage of two weapon proficiencies. 

Very interesting i really suck at building characters though and only played through the game once rushed and twice kind of halfway because i gave up due to feeling like my builds sucks. If you have the time and feel like it is there any party that could have 1 similar subclass that would work and kind of fit the old classic RPG party of, 1 Tank, 1 Melee DPS Off-Tank, 1 Ranged, 1 Magic, & 1 Healer? Sorry if i'm asking too much I would love it if you gave which stats I would have to use. You seem to be one of the people that know EVERYTHING about this game. I would also want to pick 1 race for all of them if possible. Thanks in advance whether you do it or not & have a nice day!

They said they'd nerf it because the double scaling was unintended. If they indeed removed the scaling of Monastic applying to the summoned fists you could simply skip Monastic and just summon the fists once you meet immune foes. They have a raw lash which is pretty neat.

• Like 1