I just tried to start the BOW Dlc, but the messenger at the very beginning of the dlc kills my party, since he casts spells and my weapons do hardly any damage.
I am playing just at hard. Party consists of Paladin (me), Eder, Xoti, Aloth and Ydwin. Level 15

Does anyone have hints? Any must have spells, buffs or weapons? I almost can kill him with fire spells, but he recovers too quickly from near death :-(

Should I come back later and level up first?

Thank you!

The dragon doesn't move. So, if you want to cheese it, gouging strike will slowly kill him until combat ends. Just hit him and retreat out of his line of fire. You should be able to stack defenses and/or regen on someone who can facetank one of his adds. Turn AI off and go grab a coffee or tidy up.

Edited by certainkindoffool

Grab a Morning Star with Body Blows modal, cast Blessing + Devotions with Xoti for +15 party ACC, hit the dragon with Body Blows (if your Edér is a Swashbuckler then use Blinding Strike because it has +10 ACC), then cast Wall of Flame + Combusting Wounds on it with Aloth (make sure you have the Ring of Focused Flame equipped). Follow up with Minor Missiles and ranged weapons (no pen doesn't matter that much). Should be dead very quickly.

Lvl 15 should be totally doable, especially on hard (where it has lower defenses and armor).

Always stack ACC, then debuff an appropriate defense (in this case Fortitude because Combusting Wounds targets Fortitude) and then deal damage.

If you want you can cast a Miasma of Dull-Mindedness on the dragon as well to drop it's Will, Reflex and Deflection in order give Xoti a chance of landing Divine Mark and Shining Beacon on it (both target Will).

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The dragon doesn't move. So, if you want to cheese it, gouging strike will slowly kill him until combat ends. Just hit him and retreat out of his line of fire. You should be able to stack defenses and/or regen on someone who can facetank one of his adds. Turn AI off and go grab a coffee or tidy up.

Lol this is awesome

Grab a Morning Star with Body Blows modal, cast Blessing + Devotions with Xoti for +15 party ACC, hit the dragon with Body Blows (if your Edér is a Swashbuckler then use Blinding Strike because it has +10 ACC), then cast Wall of Flame + Combusting Wounds on it with Aloth (make sure you have the Ring of Focused Flame equipped). Follow up with Minor Missiles and ranged weapons (no pen doesn't matter that much). Should be dead very quickly.

Lvl 15 should be totally doable, especially on hard (where it has lower defenses and armor).

Always stack ACC, then debuff an appropriate defense (in this case Fortitude because Combusting Wounds targets Fortitude) and then deal damage.

If you want you can cast a Miasma of Dull-Mindedness on the dragon as well to drop it's Will, Reflex and Deflection in order give Xoti a chance of landing Divine Mark and Shining Beacon on it (both target Will).

Not to derail, but what are the best ways to stack Party ACC if you don’t have a priest in the party? I can think of Paladin’s ACC aura, and maybe some individual buffs like eldritch aim.

Hmmm, sounds like cheating for me... Sorry.

Thank you! This is really helpful, I will give it a try.

Besides Devotions: weapon enchantments, other items that improve PER or ACC directly, a PER inspiration (Eldtrich Aim, Disciplined Barrage etc.) and all sorts of passives (Marksman, Razor's Edge and so on). And active abilities that raise ACC directly (like Dance of Death, Borrowed Instincts...).

And of course the attack abilities that have an inherent ACC bonus - like Knockdown, Blinding Strike, Flames of Devotions, Accurate Wounding Shot...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Iirc a multiclass cipher only gets Disintegration at lvl 16?

But if Ywdin is a single class cipher in this case (OP doesn't mention class) then this is also a great way, yes. Ydwin might have trouble getting enough focus quickly enough though - since there are not that many ads.

Edited by Boeroer

Iirc a multiclass cipher only gets Disintegratio at lvl 16?

But if Ywdin is a single class cipher in this case (OP doesn't mention class) then this is also a great way, yes.

Thank you all for your help! Ydwin is a rouge.  Today the dragon has to die :-)

I've found Geomancer to be one of the best ways to get through her defenses: Tranquilizer Shot with dual pistols or blunderbusses removes her buffs and Slicken prevents her from recasting them - use a frontliner with the Flail modal for better accuracy and a Chanter with the chant that prevents Concentration. A Blood Mage could easily stunlock her.

Edited by Ophiuchus