Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
773 replies to this topic

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 11002 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just kind of killing time until Resident Evil 2 comes out on Thursday, so I played a bit of Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's this weird mishmash of MCU and comic stuff. They all look like their comic counterparts, except Starlord who is wearing the MCU outfit. Drax is not human, either. Thanos looks and acts like comic Thanos.

• daven likes this

majestic

majestic

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1002 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Finished (what I assume to be) the first stage of Troupe Master Grimm's boss fight in Hollow Knight. Now THAT was a well-designed boss battle, that I enjoyed!

You assume correctly. The next version is one of the most enjoyable boss fights I've had in any Metroidvania (or side-scroller in general).

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've been replaying TWitcher 3 off and on and... Euphoria really does completely break the game with an alchemy build. I knew people said that it did but I didn't believe the extent until I tried it. I can only imagine how broken it gets with Aerondight and runes.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2933 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

reinstalling Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne so i can get in the mood before Sekiro hits in March. Bayme i'll even go back to Dark Souls 3, i've never finished the Scholar of the First Sin version of the game.

Edited by Majek, 22 January 2019 - 01:31 PM.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11349 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

You'll meet him again later in a different town. I think if you're going back to the start location in Valentine, the bar keeper will tell you where he went as well.

How/where do I access my sidequests/tasks?  I still have no clue how to find all the various tasks I've been given that don't have an icon currently on the map.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4031 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

There's a log book if you press one of the arrow buttons for a few seconds. Don't ask me which one, because I don't remember and I rarely used it at all. :>

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I can't remeber either, I think it was left or right on the D-Pad but even the log was tedious to use which is why I didn't use it much, I still remeber hitting by accident 10-20 times when first playing the game and trying to get a handle on the controls.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8561 posts

I recently bought Dead Rising 4 (because I found a site that sells Steam codes very cheap) and I understand the criticism the game got when it was released (no more psychopaths, replaced by generic maniacs, really stupid way of introducing "survivors", too easy combined weapons, etc.) but.. I'm really having a blast playing it.

Instead of timed events and really scary psychopaths you have an open world and a ****-ton of zombies that you can kill in a huge variety of ways. I basically just jump into a car (model bigger) and rampage around town until it breaks down, at which point I panic and run around screaming like a little girl until I find some sort of refuge (usually the top of a bus or something). Then it's survival time: craft a senseless combined weapon and go to town on your escape route. All the while you're picking up keys and pass cards and trying to take cool pics with your camera.

It's stupid but it works. Also, the main story isn't half bad. At least it makes me want to continue pressing forward.

• Gorth and Hawke64 like this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

Can fight the big bad in Wildlands, but figure we'll destroy the entire cartel first.  Still need to get better at sniping, can barely hit anything at 250 m (mind you at that range, is that even sniping?).  Something does feel a bit off with the sniper rifles' ballistics, having never shot I can't actually tell.  Definitely is a routine approach to missions, still is fun as my buddy and I invariably screw up one part of the plan, although that is less catastrophic against the cartel as opposed to UNIDAD.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7550 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
I finished The Witness. Unfortunately, you can't just keep playing after the ending, the game resets itself and you don't have manual save slots. So if I want to 100% the game I would have to do everything again. Granted solving puzzles I've already solved would go much quicker, but that's still a TON of work to do again. I wish I had known that before doing the final step, but I had been purposely avoiding everything about the game because I wanted to not have any puzzles spoiled. *sigh*

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3973 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still not persuaded yourself for Xillia 2 platinum? :)

Not even started it.  :aiee:

I remember the times when I wished that Europe would also get Tales games. Today, I have Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Zestiria and Berseria to play. They are patiently waiting in my backlog. :aiee:

Just for good measure:  :aiee:  :aiee:  :aiee:

I want to complete Star ocean 5. Not a good game by any means, but I'm so far in that there's no reason not to try and complete it.

Well for some reason I liked SO5 more than SO4. And the Live Events were funny... (mostly) and also, I like the game more than FFXV as well. I know, I am strange person sometimes :)

Thankfuly I have finished all Tales of Games for PS3 and PS4 (excluding ToV) but so far I’ve platinued only Graces f and both Xillias. After I finish Vesperia, I will sooner or later try to fully complete Zestiria. Symphonia is so far my least favourite and not looking forward to play it again at the moment.

I couldn't even finish SO4 and I didn't like the demos of FFXV, so I never bothered buying the game. It's the first mainline game that I skip. I guess that you're not crazy.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3841 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
I was stupid to preorder the Deluxe Edition with Kingsglaive... i should have rather given that 90 EUR to some drunkard, would be much better spent money... bah... I am just happy, that there are now more than ever japanese gaming companies, still interested in non-mobile games to scratch that itch...

Edited by Mamoulian War, 23 January 2019 - 01:09 PM.

• Tale and daven like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7550 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock

Goddamn  Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good.  My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Edited by Keyrock, 23 January 2019 - 04:30 PM.

• Mamoulian War, Labadal, Katphood and 3 others like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3237 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
replaying Vanquish. Why I don't know lol It's a decent game though. It's true that Sega did well.

Not sure if I talked about it before on the forums here but I agree with the majority of people who compare it to the Cybertron series. It's not as nearly as good as War For Cyber but it is better than Fall Of Cybertron. It's just in between there.

Much like Dragon's Dogma, Vanquish's strength relishes much on the boss fights. Unlike the Cybertron series, which are more about exploration and how you choose to approach missions for a run and gun game.

One of my favorite bosses in Vanquish has buzzsaws for eyes and moves like liquid. Very cool, like it's straight outta Michael Bay movie for alot of the dewigns in general. Probably why I never get tired of playing it.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2780 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Goddamn Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good. My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Mr. Libido is awesome. :lol:

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11349 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yet another mission in RDR2 where I basically have the entire city against me and have to run away because of a huge bounty.

1-It's getting kind of old that pretty much every "main mission" forces me to do something that brings the entire law down on me.

2-It's too easy to just pay off the bounties and no one cares.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4031 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
1) that happens the rest of the game. I rushed the last part of the story because it got really annoying and tedious.

2) Everyone said they are swimming in cash, but I somehow never had enough over the entire game. No idea what exactly I did wrong / different.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2780 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
More Far Cry 5.

So outposts are now 'quests', weapons have only 3 upgrades(same as before), you can hire companions which are a little smarter than the ones in Far Cry 2, hunting animals is now pretty useless, the perk system is all over the place and the weapon variety is laughable.

The only 'positive' addition is the enviromental story telling which is Fallout 4 tier at best.

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 805 posts

Goddamn  Yakuza 0 is great! It's amazing how SEGA manages to stuff 10x as much interesting and legitimately compelling content into an open world area 1/100th the size of most open world games. There is a startling contrast between the super serious, emotionally gripping main story, featuring the most stoic protagonists that ever stoic-d and the hilarious side stories full of wacky characters, but somehow it works. And the mini-games are so good.  My favorite is the dance club mini game. Please tell me I will eventually get to dance against the weird bald guy busting a move in his tidy whities. That would be AMAZING.

qlpkemodh0zjg62ajx4m.gif

This guy is THE MAN.

Because the world is smaller and more focused, something I've wished for in every open world game. Allows for more character, focus and experimentation. Really need to get my **** together and play the Yakuza games. Barely game at all at this point.
  • Mamoulian War and Hawke64 like this

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3841 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
You will not regret it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic