Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7457 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

If you want a more authentic WWI experience play Verdun.

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 7457 posts

I am mowing through the puzzles in the central hub are in The Witness. The game is pulling out all the stops to thwart me (e.g. rotating boards, changing colors, having to solve multiple puzzles at once, etc.), but I will not be denied.  Once I 100% this game, and I will, I'll officially be recognized as a Puzzle Grand Master. I need to consider how to best utilize my powers. I thought about becoming a Batman villain, but that gravely voiced mother****er always seems to come out on top eventually, so that seems like a bad idea. Maybe I should use my powers for good? I could tutor the next generation of puzzle solvers. I would, of course, charge an exorbitant fee, but I'd be giving them the greatest gift of all, knowledge.

Edited by Keyrock, 20 January 2019 - 08:13 AM.

• Hawke64 likes this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still not persuaded yourself for Xillia 2 platinum? :)

Not even started it.  :aiee:

I remember the times when I wished that Europe would also get Tales games. Today, I have Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Zestiria and Berseria to play. They are patiently waiting in my backlog. :aiee:

Just for good measure:  :aiee:  :aiee:  :aiee:

I want to complete Star ocean 5. Not a good game by any means, but I'm so far in that there's no reason not to try and complete it.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2644 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yea, B1 is a very Hollywood take on WW1. Then again, I never really expected authenticity and when it comes to the kind of bombastic entertainment that I expect out of Battlefield/Call of Duty singleplayer camplaigns, B1 was among the best.

Lol, as expected. DICE is garbage.

I'd say "garbage" and "mediocre" is worlds apart. As for DICE, as far as I know, they treated their employees quite well and supported their games for a fairly long time, which would elevate them above "garbage" in itself.

To be fair realistic depiction of WW1 would be boring gameplay, sitting for months in own feces in trenches shooting into darknes slowly getting consumed by some disease from decaying corpses around...

Then you get to walk- not run- towards some dudes with machine guns across 100m of barbed wire, craters, debris and bodies to an enemy trench knowing that if you manage to take that trench there are a dozen more behind it. Or if you're Italian you get to attack the Isonzo River 12 times consecutively, because attacking at exactly the same place as previous is the last thing Fritz will expect. Also make sure you have your gas mask on you at all times as well, lest you end your days drowning in your own fluids. Not getting a 'realistic' WW1 fps is actually a pretty good thing.

Eastern front was a bit more interesting, also Tanzania and Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck's campaign- but no americans so not a viable game setting.

• Chilloutman likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 9060 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've been playing Season 16 D3, my ultimate goal being building an alternative character that doesn't require a full set (thanks to this season's theme).

The problem I have with sets is that I feel forced to play a certain way, not my way. I almost never use/like the things they're designed around. Although the boosts Sets got this patch was nice.

I've tried some on other chrs/classes as testers (not just in D3 but all rpg's really) and I definitely understand why people use them for high dps but I don't like being locked in. So that one 2-ring "set" is the only one I'll use.

That set got me to Greater Rift 67 but even at Paragon-630+all Ancient gear I can't quite finish GR68 within the timed limit and I stopped trying since for me then it largely becomes only about Paragon leveling.

One thing I don't like about the 2-ring set is I can't use Brigg's Wrath for the pull-in effect (since the Cube Power is taken up with double-mages cast), which is/was totally awesome and super efficient for use with curses and corpse explosion. Pull them all into a pinpoint clump, kill one with Bone Spikes, use CE and kabam, all dead. Now I have to deal with scattered enemies again. If I ever reach Paragon1000+ (ha.ha.) I may take the ring set off again.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 20 January 2019 - 02:23 PM.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 797 posts

Yea, B1 is a very Hollywood take on WW1. Then again, I never really expected authenticity and when it comes to the kind of bombastic entertainment that I expect out of Battlefield/Call of Duty singleplayer camplaigns, B1 was among the best.

Lol, as expected. DICE is garbage.

I'd say "garbage" and "mediocre" is worlds apart. As for DICE, as far as I know, they treated their employees quite well and supported their games for a fairly long time, which would elevate them above "garbage" in itself.

I'm speaking merely about their products, mostly since BF3 and somewhat of their philosophy/marketing. It's garbage.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3774 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Still not persuaded yourself for Xillia 2 platinum? :)

Not even started it.  :aiee:

I remember the times when I wished that Europe would also get Tales games. Today, I have Xillia 2, Symphonia, Symphonia 2, Zestiria and Berseria to play. They are patiently waiting in my backlog. :aiee:

Just for good measure:  :aiee:  :aiee:  :aiee:

I want to complete Star ocean 5. Not a good game by any means, but I'm so far in that there's no reason not to try and complete it.

Well for some reason I liked SO5 more than SO4. And the Live Events were funny... (mostly) and also, I like the game more than FFXV as well. I know, I am strange person sometimes :)

Thankfuly I have finished all Tales of Games for PS3 and PS4 (excluding ToV) but so far I’ve platinued only Graces f and both Xillias. After I finish Vesperia, I will sooner or later try to fully complete Zestiria. Symphonia is so far my least favourite and not looking forward to play it again at the moment.
  • Labadal likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 7457 posts

Fairly soon I'm going to need to take a break from The Witness.  As much as I love that game, and I do, I can only play it for so long before I need a break, because that game works your brain really hard.  You have to constantly take notice of every detail everywhere and look at things from as many different angles, both physical and conceptual, as possible as you try to wrap your head around these constantly evolving logic puzzles.  With that in mind, I'm thinking of doing a Yakuza-thon, because I need something... I don't want to say mindless, but something that isn't constantly running Prime95 on my brain, if you know what I mean, but also that's an awesome game that's super fun. I already have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 & 2 are already out.  I know 6 is available on PS4 and 4 & 5 are available via PS Now.  Frankly, I'm not enthused about having to sign up for yet another subscription service since I already have PS Plus, but when I get to that point in the chronological order if that's the only way I can play them then I guess I'll get the service just long enough to play those 2 games then cancel it.  That still leaves Yakuza 3, though. Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3?  I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10986 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Beat Hunted: Demon's Forge. I rather enjoyed it and would be happy to play a sequel.

You just know that in the pitch meeting "Gears of War" was probably said a good dozen times, though.
  • Hawke64 likes this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I've been playing Season 16 D3, my ultimate goal being building an alternative character that doesn't require a full set (thanks to this season's theme).

The problem I have with sets is that I feel forced to play a certain way, not my way. I almost never use/like the things they're designed around. Although the boosts Sets got this patch was nice.

I've tried some on other chrs/classes as testers (not just in D3 but all rpg's really) and I definitely understand why people use them for high dps but I don't like being locked in.

Yeah, I can certainly relate to this sentiment. I almost view the sets as a design flaw. I'd much rather have barely no sets whatsoever, not even double sets. I just like to make my own Frankenstein builds and see what happens. It says a lot that my just being able to use one more slot (freed up thanks to the S16 theme) as I choose is what brought me back to D3. In my case, I'm trying to build a wizard with at least three double sets for a wizard (double rings, boots + shoulders, offhand + helmet) and then have the rest in some armor set, probably not the Vyr set that you get as season rewards. I'm thinking more of Tal Rasha, which I had a couple of drops for with my very first rifts.

I also notice that it says Eternal Collection everywhere, and I went to something called Eternal Woods, which was a neat dusky frozen map with yetis and lumbering zombies with glowing eyes.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

A minor issue I have with Red Dead Redemption 2's story missions: Arthur keeps agreeing to these stupid, idiotic missions that anyone can see will either end in disaster or end up them walking into a trap, yet you, the player, can't do anything about it.

I get that he's loyal to Dutch and I get that he's not supposed to be the smartest guy around, but it's kind of jarring having to play through a mission that I, the player, know will end in some kind of fire fight where we're walking into an ambush, but I have to anyways because Arthur seems to think it's a good idea.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3774 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer

Fairly soon I'm going to need to take a break from The Witness. As much as I love that game, and I do, I can only play it for so long before I need a break, because that game works your brain really hard. You have to constantly take notice of every detail everywhere and look at things from as many different angles, both physical and conceptual, as possible as you try to wrap your head around these constantly evolving logic puzzles. With that in mind, I'm thinking of doing a Yakuza-thon, because I need something... I don't want to say mindless, but something that isn't constantly running Prime95 on my brain, if you know what I mean, but also that's an awesome game that's super fun. I already have Yakuza 0 and Kiwami 1 & 2 are already out. I know 6 is available on PS4 and 4 & 5 are available via PS Now. Frankly, I'm not enthused about having to sign up for yet another subscription service since I already have PS Plus, but when I get to that point in the chronological order if that's the only way I can play them then I guess I'll get the service just long enough to play those 2 games then cancel it. That still leaves Yakuza 3, though. Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3? I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

This is the only info, which is available according the Remasters for the West. Japan has already 3 and 4 Remastered. In few months they will have 5 as well.

http://www.siliconer...kiwami-remakes/

Edited by Mamoulian War, 21 January 2019 - 12:40 AM.

• Keyrock likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finally finished RDR2. Took me 68 hours and 53 minutes to beat the main story + side stories. Didn't spend any time on the collectibles though, those are boring.

It was good overall but I think I enjoyed RDR1 a bit more even though Arthur Morgan is a far more likeable character compared to John Marston.

Now to finish up GoW: Ghost of Sparta and Resi 0. I'm also going to give Far Cry 5 a spin and see what the Arcade mode is all about.
  • IndiraLightfoot likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

• Members
  • 7457 posts

-snip-

Does anyone know if they're going to make a Kiwami 3? I want to do the whole series in chronological order and that's the 1 game that's, to the best of my knowledge, unavailable of PS4.

This is the only info, which is available according the Remasters for the West. Japan has already 3 and 4 Remastered. In few months they will have 5 as well.

http://www.siliconer...kiwami-remakes/

That's cool, so long as the 3,4, and 5 remasters do eventually come to the west. I don't particularly care if they make Kiwami remakes of the game of just straight up remasters, I just want to be able to play the whole series on PS4.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5891 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Im losing a little interest in Tower of Time. I got to the end of the first level (almost) and Im already getting bored of the same three party members with the same three abilities, all of which takes TOO DAMN LONG to recharge. Maybe Ill drop down to story mode to blast through the rest of the game.

Hawke64

Hawke64

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Im losing a little interest in Tower of Time. I got to the end of the first level (almost) and Im already getting bored of the same three party members with the same three abilities, all of which takes TOO DAMN LONG to recharge. Maybe Ill drop down to story mode to blast through the rest of the game.

I think, it gets better as you progress. In general, you get 1 party member and ~1 level per floor.

I've reached the 7th floor and I can confirm that the first four champions are the best in terms of combat (DPS and survivability). The others aren't weak, but require specific tactics to be useful.

• Gfted1 and kanisatha like this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Far Cry 5.

So I need Xbox Live Gold if I want to try the Arcade mode? F- You!

Also, why is the aiming and gun recoil so awful? Maybe I got used to RDR2's controls more than I should have.

I die a lot as well, it only takes 10 seconds to be spotted by an enemy vehicle and once the firefight starts, they just keep piling up. A very crappy experience so far...

Fenixp

Fenixp

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2345 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Finished (what I assume to be) the first stage of Troupe Master Grimm's boss fight in Hollow Knight. Now THAT was a well-designed boss battle, that I enjoyed!
  • majestic likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I had the quest log for Red Dead Redemption 2.  Unless I'm just missing something obvious, I can't find out all the side quest stuff I get.  If it's not on the main map with an icon, I can't find where to find the info (ie. what to do now that I've finished all the "Boy Calloway gun fights" thing).

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3991 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
You'll meet him again later in a different town. I think if you're going back to the start location in Valentine, the bar keeper will tell you where he went as well.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

majestic