Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3187 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Continuing my journey in AC Odyseey...

I noticed that nobody cares when I kill a rooster but some people will attack me if I kill a dog. Prejudice much?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm scared to explore all the regions that haven't had "main story quest" missions on them yet in fear that I stumble across something I shouldn't see until a specific point in the story.  There's a lot of regions I'd like to go to now because Cultists are hanging out there.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3187 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm scared to explore all the regions that haven't had "main story quest" missions on them yet in fear that I stumble across something I shouldn't see until a specific point in the story. There's a lot of regions I'd like to go to now because Cultists are hanging out there.

It's really up to you, I noticed that I went places and looted some quest items way ahead of time. When I got to that point of the story, Kassandra was just like "Oh I already took care of that" or "Piece of cake. I already got those for you" in the dialogue. Very cool.

Other than that I have some lvl 49 gear just sitting in my inventory, I'm now lvl 42. I just want to be level 50 for finishing a few things up. I'm almost done with the cultists.
  • GhostofAnakin likes this

IndiraLightfoot

IndiraLightfoot

Apex of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm like level 53 and have only killed half the cultists. I've roamed freestyle, and I am a sucker for stumbling on side quests and finishing those. Plenty of them are good and some are excellent. I play this game pretty much as a I played Skyrim, doing what I feel like and avoiding the main quest. Well, at least I have levelled up that spear to lvl 5 out of 6.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot, Yesterday, 08:42 AM.

• GhostofAnakin and SonicMage117 like this

Starwars

Starwars

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3196 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Civ VI with the Gathering Storm expansion.

Not doing the AI any favors by adding more mechanics, especially to the late game. But it *is* a lot of fun to play regardless, really enjoying it.

• IndiraLightfoot likes this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 7457 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • PSN Portable ID:Unfrozen_Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

When I'm wrong, I will admit that I'm wrong, and I will admit that I was wrong about Apex Legends and the state of the battle royale landscape. I can't say 100% that AL will have staying power, but I got to play the game a little bit and it's legitimately good. I don't think it can unseat Fortnite, but I can definitely see it permanently taking over the #2 spot. AL has enough going for it to differentiate it from other games in the genre and IMHO it's just flat out better than PUBG

It's still not really my type of game, but if I were to continue playing a battle royale on the regular, it would definitely be Apex Legends. Respawn did a good.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3187 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I'm like level 53 and have only killed half the cultists. I've roamed freestyle, and I am a sucker for stumbling on side quests and finishing those. Plenty of them are good and some are excellent. I place this game pretty much as a I played Skyrim, doing what I feel like and avoiding the main quest. Well, at least I have levelled up that spear to lvl 5 out of 6.

Yep! I can see that as well, I don't think I'm very far in the main quest though, and I've only done one conquest battle thing (fought for Athens againat Sparta). While I'm getting alot of the side stuff done, I feel like I'm way behind in the actual story.

Also, that minotaur side quest was absolutely hilarious!
  • IndiraLightfoot likes this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Back to Warframe.

If anybody is interested in some coop(PS4) let me know.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

That was rather weird in AC: Odyssey.

I came across a cultist, who also happened to be the nation's leader, and who also happened to be the "bounty of the day".  Weirdly, when Icarus flew over him, it didn't register him as a cultist, just the nation leader and bounty I was looking for.  But when I killed him, it revealed him as a cultist.

• SonicMage117 likes this

the_dog_days

the_dog_days

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1171 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

^ Think I know who you're talking about. There was supposed to be a whole questline about taking him out.

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 698 posts

Metro: Exodus. And having just wrapped up the Volga level, it's... really, really, really good. Probably the most narratively tight story FPS I've played in years (For instance, why do religious nuts call electricity evil? Well, humans being pattern-seeking mammals, what do they make of scary, unexplained balls of electricity floating about and randomly zapping everything in their paths? "Demons," of course).

The Volga free-roam map certainly isn't quite as expansive as many "Zones" in STALKER, but it's close enough that it scratches that itch for me. Perhaps the only two things that bug me thus far are some navigation bugs when it comes to clambering over stuff and a few typos in the text.

Edited by Agiel, Yesterday, 03:12 PM.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 11278 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

^ Think I know who you're talking about. There was supposed to be a whole questline about taking him out.

It just felt anti-climactic because I didn't know he was a cultist and it didn't indicate he was.  It was just another ho-hum bounty target until literally the second I killed him and the message about the cultist being defeated popped up.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2647 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finished Resi 0.

It had its moments but ended being more frustrating than fun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users