What are you playing right now?

Gorth

:banghead:

So AC Odyssey forces me into a romance and to have a baby in Chapter 2 of the DLC, then kills off my "loved one" (the guy I didn't even want to have a romance with anyways) in Chapter 3, making that even more pointless.

I get that the developers want to tell a specific story and link this game somehow to the ongoing story of the other AC games, but surely they could have thought of a better execution than this.  Especially when the key selling point to this specific game was "player choice".

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Only game where I actually got something out of the relationship, marriage, kids thing was Fable 2. Got married, got a big house, then ran around and adopted every kid the game would let me, and pretended that in fact my character was running an orphanage funded by their adventuring loot.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Seven: The Days Long Gone

Found out that I can choke out opponents non-lethally and had my first unavoidable combat encounter. Considering that all previous missions I played as a proper thief (no kills and no detection, if possible), my equipment and build weren't exactly right for the situation. But I had some healing items and damage boosts and managed to stun lock the boss (pretty sure that it was a boss battle), so it ended well.

Finished the Imperial campaign of BFGA2, forgot I was playing on Easy, whoops. Was nice to kill Abbadon, even if my tactics never evolved past massed broadsides. Fun campaign overall though.   Spire gets a cool speech at the end, as before

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So AC Odyssey forces me into a romance and to have a baby in Chapter 2 of the DLC, then kills off my "loved one" (the guy I didn't even want to have a romance with anyways) in Chapter 3, making that even more pointless.

I get that the developers want to tell a specific story and link this game somehow to the ongoing story of the other AC games, but surely they could have thought of a better execution than this.  Especially when the key selling point to this specific game was "player choice".

If they were desperate to have the bloodline continued for tie ins to the future they really should have had your sibling have a child instead- given the Cult has a branch dedicated to the bloodline it would make sense and you could easily rationalise the child not being mentioned due to brainwashing or whatever. They'd also done a fair bit of groundwork for an adoption type relationship via Phoebe.

I had a look at Origins since I've enjoyed Odyssey and hadn't realised it was set in Late Ptolemaic Egypt after Odyssey's Classical Greece, which seems weird given the previous games were all (?) in chronological order. I presume they shifted the era some time during production to include more recognisable names, but it seems a bit odd doing it that way around.

• Like 2

Are AC heroes no longer required to procreate to be featured?

That was a bigger plot point of the earlier ones.

If they were desperate to have the bloodline continued for tie ins to the future they really should have had your sibling have a child instead- given the Cult has a branch dedicated to the bloodline it would make sense and you could easily rationalise the child not being mentioned due to brainwashing or whatever. They'd also done a fair bit of groundwork for an adoption type relationship via Phoebe.

I had a look at Origins since I've enjoyed Odyssey and hadn't realised it was set in Late Ptolemaic Egypt after Odyssey's Classical Greece, which seems weird given the previous games were all (?) in chronological order. I presume they shifted the era some time during production to include more recognisable names, but it seems a bit odd doing it that way around.

See, that makes more sense.  It allows them to do that, while not forcing it on the player.  It was the one glaring misstep that they took in what I'd consider my favorite AC game to date.

There's still those 3 DLC to come (Fate of Atlantis), but I'm kind of AC'd out right now.  So I'll probably have to come back to that at a later time.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The morality system(or whatever it's called...) in Metro: Last Light is a bit of a joke. I didn't do **** to anyone yet I still got the 'bad ending'.

I also played some more Yakuza Kiwami. Even though I am fully capable of beating Majima, I am still scared ****less everytime I bump into him on the streets. :lol:

At this point, Kamurocho is like a second home to me. I plan on beating Yakuza 1-5 by the end of 2020 Q1...so help me god! :grin:

• Like 5

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Got Skyrim for Switch. Can't put the damned thing down.

The morality system(or whatever it's called...) in Metro: Last Light is a bit of a joke. I didn't do **** to anyone yet I still got the 'bad ending'.

It is called 'morality' system and the name's kinda misguided - the game essentially has the 'standard' ending that most players'll see and then there's a 'good' ending that you absolutely have to go out of your way to even get a chance at.

Anyway, the idea is

that you need to persuade the Dark Ones to end up helping you - which is no easy task, especially since it involves... Well... Not killing people. At all.

So the 'good' ending is more of a hidden one for people who want to replay the game in a different way than they played it previously more so than anything. It's also an open door of sorts for a sequel with the same protagonist - which is what happened.

• Like 2

I'm grinding to beat some optional bosses and get nice and buff for the final encounter in DQ XI. This is a time consuming process and not the most exciting thing in the world, so I decided to also play some Star Traders: Frontiers to break up the monotony of grinding. So far I'm fairly impressed. The combat isn't the most exciting in the world, but I'm not really in it for the combat. I'm in it for political intrigue and to build a mercantile empire. So far it has delivered. If nothing else, it will tide me over until a sale on X4: Frontiers comes my way, but it's proving to be a rather engrossing game. It reminds me of Space Rangers a bit.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Metro: Last Light DLC is pretty neat stuff and it is included in the Redux version. It adds new missions, some of which are very unique. But at this point I am exhausted so I am calling it quits.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

All right, Switch version of Skyrim was a damned good purchase. I mean, Skyrim is an extremely... Wide game, with a crapton of options that don't have a whole lot of depth to them - in other words, really good at hooking you for both short and long sessions, considering the meticulously crafted world filled to the brim with ... Stuff. You basically pick up the game for half an hour and finish a dungeon or find a few things in the world itself and then you can put it away again, without really risking losing the train of thought.

The only thing I'm not too happy about is the lack of Unofficial patch in the Switch version - then again, the final version of Skyrim always felt reasonably stable and free of bugs, so I'm okay with that.

Oh and also, the game looks quite gorgeous on the system. It really does.

• Like 1

Never did end up playing the expansion for Dying Light.  Just saw the complete edition, which includes the base game plus the expansion, is available at Best Buy for under $30, so I'm tempted to pick it up.  Though I'm not sure I want to play through the entire base game (including it's GOD AWFUL two boss fights) just to get to The Following expansion.

Star Traders: Frontiers is giving me a severe case of One More Turn Syndrome. This game is really addicting. Very quickly I've gotten myself pretty deep into some super spicy political hot water. I'm pretty sure I'm getting played... Let me rephrase that. I'm know I'm getting played, it's just a matter of how deep I want to let the folks playing me drag me into this before I try to turn the tables on them or pull the rip cord (If I go much deeper, pulling the rip cord may no longer be an option). This is great. The best part is that I presumably could have not done any of this story at the beginning and just gone off on completely different adventures and gotten myself into a whole different den of snakes.

:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have just finished Earthlock. A Norwegian made jRPG. The game is nice in the combat area, but the writing is the weak point of the game. Still, not bad, and I have enjoyed the game more than enough to recommend it despite that. I was also able to get 100% achievements on GOG Galaxy for this game (in 40 hours).

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sadly they removed the best line from the original version. That is why the writing suffered. Gnart no longer comments about the smell in the swamps, and how he wants to find a way to describe it in his book.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ass Creed: Origins. Love the Egypt, love the combat mechanics. Skill and weapon systems are also really cool - highlight of course being the shotgun bow. Levelling sucks and gear generally sucks as well, to the point where you can upgrade any gear in your posession to your current level, bringing its power up to fight opponents on your level. ... So, at the end of the day, all level number does is "Lower level opponents are weak, your level opponents are challenging, higher level opponents will kill you. ... ... That's a fun mechanic innit?"

The best part is that I presumably could have not done any of this story at the beginning and just gone off on completely different adventures and gotten myself into a whole different den of snakes.

Not only that - just so that the game doesn't get stale, as game time progresses, the universe go through Eras which populate it with brand new storylines which you can finish and always tweak a whole bunch of in-game rules to accommodate for the era's theme. And while these aren't driven by you and can be ignored if you wish to do so, with enough effort put into them, you can become a major driving force of the era's events.
  • Like 2

I'm working on finishing chapter one of Edge Of Eternity (I'm pretty close to it), so I can start chapter two and then wait on chapter 3 to release sometime in the

spring of this year (but that's what Midgar Studio has been saying on Steam's forums anyway, spring 2019). Been enjoying the game so far, it's been a blast to play.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´