What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Good mother of god, are certain parts annoying in Metro: Last Light. How did I beat this game the first time around?! Getting swarmed by a horde of monsters while waiting for the ride, elevator etc. to arrive is not fun at all.

Why did I bother with this game again?! Oh yeah, I wanted to see the upgraded visuals in the Redux version. Last week was one hell of a ride, playing through The Walking Dead Season 2 and Bulletstorm. This week I am stuck with Metro and Batman...uggghhhh. I hate leaving games unfinished but I think I am done here.

Going back to Yakuza Kiwami, maybe I'll give The Amnesia Collection a shot as well.

Btw, is Telltales Game of Thrones any good?

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I "finished" DQ XI. Credits rolled, there were cutscenes, and there was even a screen with the words "The End" written. As I suspected, though, that was not the real end. I won't elaborate on what exactly happens after the credits roll, for spoiler reasons, obviously, but I have plenty of work left to do to SUPER save the world.  :wowey:

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Started Legacy of the First Blade.  Very early on, so I don't really have an opinion on it yet other than to say more "cultists" to hunt down the better.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Good mother of god, are certain parts annoying in Metro: Last Light. How did I beat this game the first time around?! Getting swarmed by a horde of monsters while waiting for the ride, elevator etc. to arrive is not fun at all.

Why did I bother with this game again?! Oh yeah, I wanted to see the upgraded visuals in the Redux version. Last week was one hell of a ride, playing through The Walking Dead Season 2 and Bulletstorm. This week I am stuck with Metro and Batman...uggghhhh. I hate leaving games unfinished but I think I am done here.

Going back to Yakuza Kiwami, maybe I'll give The Amnesia Collection a shot as well.

Btw, is Telltales Game of Thrones any good?

I have an extremely hard time with the Metro series. I got through the first one, mainly because of the nice atmosphere to tell the truth. But Last Light is just trash I think. It's just not good, lol.

I only tried the first GoT episode but I found it pretty boring and poor.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to play at the moment. Haven't really been in the mood for anything particular.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Tropico 6 seems like more of the same, but am happy with it. Made a mess of the current assignment, maybe will restart.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

More AC Odyssey.  So, hunting the Order of the Ancients isn't nearly as interesting as the Cult of Kosmos.  The most obvious reason being they're all confined to one region (Makedonia), plus there not being a whole lot of interesting backstory to most of them.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I did the first 25 backer ghosts and some other side quests like that. Need to do the Zaber festival, but also have all these treasure maps :)

Defeated Nahraan and done some sidequesting (backer ghosts, airship, cure finding, critter plants) I forgot to save and the scepter boss kicked my ass with few aoe hits :p So I had to redo the Nahraan fight. I am still missing one plant to mutate to final form, but I do not know which one it is :p So I am running like a madman around garden picking all the flowers :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The ghosts were the only side quest in the previous version of the game.

The garden the only thing to do on the island.

The optional bosses like frafnir or the hollow knight though were in from the start.

Really like how things have been fleshed out.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Brute forced my way through that scenario in T6. Have to say the game doesn't really feel all that different from T5.  Still have people complaining about being homeless when I have a lot of empty homes they can afford, will have to look into that.  Also is tedious to have to plonk a bus garage down and only get two stops, would be nice to just build a transit network - maybe that is coming in later eras.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thought I'd have a look at what's going on with SW: TOR these days.

Found out that since i got a security key back in the day, it's been racking up that 100 Cartel Coins a month , even when I wasn't subscribed to the game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Base defense mission in Phoenix Point was the biggest garbage I have seen in a backer build. I hope they rethink this or I'll have wasted money on this game.

You have to defend vital installations around the base. The fact there is a base layout makes you think that you should put some thought into planning bases (once the game releases and you get to actually build them).

Then comes the defense mission. Your team starts in two remote rooms. Every room with an objective to defend also has a big hole in the wall: a spawn point for the aliens. I think I had 8 different spawn points. 3 of the 8 rooms got taken out in turn one before I even managed to leave the starting rooms. As aliens randomly spawned in various rooms and got to attack the moment they spawned, it was impossible to strategically defend anything, as they spawned right next to the objectives I had to defend, obscured by the objectives, and just opened fire right away.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finished the first episode of the AC Odyssey First Blade DLC.  The story/reveal was pretty cool.  I think I even like it better than the backstory behind Kassandra/Alexios' main story.  The last battle was a little annoying because it seemed like I couldn't dodge any of the boss' arrow shots, no matter how well I timed it.  Plus, the "lock on" feature wouldn't work so I had trouble aiming my arrows at him.

The various members of the Order you have to hunt down was a bit anti-climactic.  Only like two of them had interesting backstories that made them fit into the world more naturally.

I think one of the things I've noticed with these open world games with "filler" activities to do is I eventually get worn out of the game and end up losing a bit of motivation even for the main quest.  AC Odyssey does a lot of things well, but side quests not related to the main story, IMO, isn't one of them.

Finished Sekiro just now. Then I read this article and had a good laugh at the comments.

Personally I'd rank the final boss below a few others in terms of difficulty. The only troublesome attack can be avoided with the firecrackers and all his tells and prompts work properly and he has the posture of a wet paper towel. Unlike, say, a certain big burning beast from hell where five times out of ten the kanji and sound effect for the perilous swipe attack just don't work and the attack itself looks fundamentally the same as a normal claw swipe that's deflectable.

And as typical for me I died more often to the first corrupted Monk encounter than to Isshin the Sword Saint. I killed him the first time I managed to beat him into his second phase (third if you count Lord Genichiro as the first one) which I did the moment I figured out that his wind up attack can be cancelled with the shinobi firecrackers. The Shibobi Hunter mini boss in the Hirata estate killed me more often than most bosses though. Only Lady Butterfly mopped the floor with me more often, but I suppose she wasn't exactly meant to be done immediately after getting the bell offering and unlocking the Hirata estate.

There's also never going to be a From Software game where hitboxes work like they should. All in all a really great game except for a few instances where it breaks its own rules (hello stealth deathblow not taking away a deathstrike counter on a certain mini-boss) or simply puts bosses in your way that make you do the exact opposite of what you've been doing the entire time. Which would be fine if adapting your play style to the bosses were a core element of the game, but it's... not. Not really.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Made it to the sword saint.

I gotta say, although I enjoyed the game so far, after a point I didn't feel like I got better at anything beyond memorising every boss' moveset. I can't tell without knowing in advance what attack is a thrust and needs a  mikri counter and what attack is a sweep and needs a jump counter. If you are facing someone with a spear the windup animations all look the same to me, yes you can react to a sweep in time, but not a thrust. It's kinda a weakness, but not so different than Dark Souls I suppose. If you beat a boss the first time in less than 20 tries you got lucky.  If the signalling works so poorly, why didn't they make the thrust danger signal a different colour or something...

I just wish they had focused more on the windup animations and made some universal signalling as to what attack type this is going to be, instead of just doing the 'danger' kanji. 

I know I can beat the sword saint, but I just don't feel like spending hours learning his every move first.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Started Ys:Seven yesterday, thanks to a sale. And after configuring the controls a bit I must say ... I'm hooked. It's still the good old Ys'ian hacking and slashing, but now I have companions at my side and that makes it double awesome. If possible, I would only play as Dogi, because there's nothing manlier than putting your enemy down, only with your fists, YEAH! Surprised how good that works after Oath in Felghana and Origins and curious how the story will unfold (I already know what is about, but that HOW is often more interesting than the WHAT).

Edited by Harry Easter
  • Like 4

Devil May Cry V

Completed the Bloody Palace with V. Spent 3 days (5-6 hours) on the last floor. The battle was ridiculously easy with Nero and extremely hard with V (couldn't stagger the boss reliably, the familiars were getting KO'ed too often), but now V can damage things with the cane (the reward for completing the mode).

So, finally got to the part in the AC Odyssey DLC that caused all the controversy about the "forced romance".  So, so stupid.  I literally chose every dialogue choice to NOT get into any sort of romance, but the game forces it on you no matter what.

Haven't played Chapter 3 yet to see how it goes, but regardless that was stupid and kind of ruins my desire to play further.

• Like 1

So, finally got to the part in the AC Odyssey DLC that caused all the controversy about the "forced romance".  So, so stupid.  I literally chose every dialogue choice to NOT get into any sort of romance, but the game forces it on you no matter what.

Haven't played Chapter 3 yet to see how it goes, but regardless that was stupid and kind of ruins my desire to play further.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, " forced Romance", thats the way all games should be ...day 1 purchase for me  :wub:  :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I have reached the 100 hour mark in DQ XI. At this point, while I do have some quests to do, it's mostly about grinding XP and forging the best gear in preparation for the final boss fight. I'm currently lev 58 and, from my jRPG experience, lev 60-65 is usually enough to beat the final boss. However, I have a longstanding tradition of overlevelling my party for the final battle so that I can have the satisfaction of ROFLstomping the final boss. So, with that in mind, I'll probably get to about lev 80 before the final battle.

It's been a while since I played a DQ, so I don't remember if they usually have any optional hidden ultimate bosses ala Emerald Weapon in FFVII and such.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Okay, so I found some optional bosses in DQ XI that handed me my ass, both in the same region; Malicious Jormun and Malicious Arboreal Serpent. I'm lev 59 now and I got obliterated by both of them, one because of status effects (when my whole party is sleeping, that's an issue) and one because I just couldn't handle the raw damage output. The challenge is on! Time to do some metal slime farming.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸