What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I think one of the problems I'm finding with AC Odyssey is a lot of the sidequests seem just tacked on.  Before, the sidequests might not have linked to the main quest, but they sort of fleshed out the region you got them in.  You sort of got an idea of what's going on there.  AC Oddyssey's got a lot of sidequests that just seem more like filler than fleshing out the region.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The procedurally generated quests are generic as anything and can't even be bothered naming the person giving it to you; done one of its type, done them all. Fortunately they're also entirely optional. I have noticed that the lack of a 'story' type questline with named people giving them usually means you're going to go to that place as part of the main quest later and get a bunch of quests fleshing the area out then.

Things I liked about AC Odyssey:

1-Player leveling up and customization

2-"Unveiling the cultists" sub-plot/game mechanic

3-Main story is okay by AC standards

4-I find the main character well acted (Kassandra -- haven't played Alexios).

5-Open world is fun to explore and a good time waster

6-Finding and hunting mercenaries

Things I'm not that happy with:

1-The above mentioned side quests that don't seem to have much story to them.

2-The conquest battles have no real impact/effect on the overall story

3-Almost too many places to visit with very little side content to fill it up

4-Bounty system where the person who "sees" you commit the crime is nowhere near the scene of the crime.  How the heck did he even spot me when he's about 1000 km away?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I started to play Earthlock. Nice Norwegian indie jRPG-like game. Little bit slower paced, but I am enjoying it :)

I need to replay that. Haven't tried the remastered version.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yakuza Kiwami.

There are so many references to Yakuza 0 that I am wondering if the original Yakuza had any of these. Or maybe it was added later to Yakuza Kiwami?! Guess I'll have to play the original Yakuza and Yakuza 2 on my PS2 at some point to find out.

Also, dare I say that the main plot in Yakuza Kiwami is...better than Yakuza 0? It certainly feels more engaging. I currently have all Yakuza games at my posession(got 4 and 5 with my PS Plus subscription). Once I am done playing those I'll see if I can get my hands on an import version of Yakuza Kenzan and Yakuza Ishin. Then I'll be a 'been there, done that' Yakuza fan. :grin:

Edit: On a different note, I finished my replay of Bulletstorm(the Fullclip Edition). It was certainly every bit as fun as I remembered it to be, got 75% of all the skillshots! And btw:

If you wait until the credits have finished rolling, you get a hint at a sequel.

Gimme Bulletstorm 2!

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I started to play Earthlock. Nice Norwegian indie jRPG-like game. Little bit slower paced, but I am enjoying it :)

I need to replay that. Haven't tried the remastered version.

Never played the Festival of Magic, so I ended up directly with remaster.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

When I wrote earlier that I thought I was 3/4 of the way through the main story in DQ XI I was clearly wrong. There's a point you reach in a lot of traditional jRPGs where The Evil One™ triumphs and there's a 2nd world to play through. It's usually some kind of Dark World, or a destroyed version of the 1st world, or something along those lines appropriately desolate and gloomy where The Evil One™ reigns supreme. I just recently reached that point in DQ XI. Most often it's somewhere between the halfway point and the 3/4 mark, so I'll split the difference and say I'm 2/3 of the way through the main story. The second world is usually where the game hits a difficulty spike but the spike seemed very mild in DQ XI. That might just be a product of my character being overlevelled.

Without giving away any spoilers, can anyone that finished the game tell me if you can keep playing after you finish the main story? I have interest in 100%-ing the game but I can't see myself doing it before finishing the main story since I know from experience that 100%-ing traditional jRPGs tends to take well over 100 hours, and I can't see myself committing to that kind of time sink right now, especially since I'm eager to play X4: Foundations and Yakuza Kiwami in the near future.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yakuza Kiwami.

There are so many references to Yakuza 0 that I am wondering if the original Yakuza had any of these. Or maybe it was added later to Yakuza Kiwami?! Guess I'll have to play the original Yakuza and Yakuza 2 on my PS2 at some point to find out.

Based on this,

Kiiwami does change make some changes to main story and add more side content.

Edited by LittleAmadillo0
  • Like 1

More AC Odyssey.

The Staff of Poseidon is basically a cheat code for exploring underwater.  Would have made all those other under water areas so much easier if I'd waited to finish them until after I'd found the staff.  One of the cult clues, which can be found in a wreck in the middle of the ocean, was a breeze because I didn't have to worry about surfacing for air while I searched and fought off sharks.

• Like 2

More AC Odyssey.

The Staff of Poseidon is basically a cheat code for exploring underwater.  Would have made all those other under water areas so much easier if I'd waited to finish them until after I'd found the staff.  One of the cult clues, which can be found in a wreck in the middle of the ocean, was a breeze because I didn't have to worry about surfacing for air while I searched and fought off sharks.

I found it pretty early and used it as my alternate weapon for the rest of the game.

More AC Odyssey.

I found it pretty early and used it as my alternate weapon for the rest of the game.

I believe you have to kill an alpha lion and its lioness horde to get to it, but it was a breeze because there are pillars you can climb up onto and just shoot arrows down at them as they circle you unable to get to you.

Following Mamoulian into Earthlock.

Quite a few little and not so little changes.

New Trade Post location with repeatable gather quests. Little bird cages seem to be hidden in locations, letting you free the crows inside.

They seem to really have fleshed out the game with what had been missing.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Eastshade - after bumbling around the main big city, I finally found the person selling the "stay out at night" jacket. I was a little shy of the "cash." Found some guy who will buy anything for 1 cash per thing sold. Bought jacket. Yay. Still need the raft. There's some small islands you can see from coastlines, I want to go to those places. Learned how to build twine to help make the raft, but now I need sealant, which requires another involved quest. Pfft. I just want the raffffftttt. Fine, I'll go find out the password for this organization and get info and ....

The quests in this game are definitely more than just fetch quests. Some of them, anyway. There's a lady with a hot air balloon ride where I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do for her quest. After I talked to her, she's in the quest list, but no clue how to advance it. Which is great. I'm sure it's something simple, I just haven't run across or figured it out.

Btw, the people/npc's in this game, they don't look human. Some are walking/talking bears, others deer people, many ape/monkey people. I occasionally feel like I'm wandering around Planet of the Apes. Only it's prettier.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I started a new play-through for Grim Dawn. I choose Soldier and Oathkeeper as my two classes (Warlord). As for my build, I went with sword and shield. I'm around level 23 or so, I'm hoping to hit level 30 next. After 4 retries I finally beat The Warden (Boss) in Act One, what a pain in the butt he was. I'm currently playing on normal mode, my next play-through is going to be on veteran mode, then maybe elite after that (if I feel like it that is).

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Finished off another one of the Cultist branches in AC Odyssey.  Kind of weird that the "main boss" of that branch was revealed before one of his subordinates.  The subordinate's identity was only revealed in a quest AFTER the main boss had already revealed himself.  Kind of anticlimactic in terms of gathering clues from the various members of that branch in order to figure out who the boss of that branch is.

DMC5 - F-it. I'm more interested in screenshots than playing or gitting gud, and even in Easy-Assist combat keying is too distracting when you're also trying to hit that tiny Photo Mode button effectively at precise moments. Cheat Engine table downloaded, invulnerable effect on. Much better. :p

Not like I was going to replay this game anyway. :biggrin:

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started a new character for Grim Dawn. Am about level 33 and have it all invested in Oathkeeper at this point and think I’m at the end of the new expansion after having completed Act 1 previously. Really enjoy the new class and still trying to decide what to pair the class with at this point hard to decide as there seem to be some good synergy between a lot of the classes. Love the look of the expansion areas and excited to try some of the Shattered Realm soon enough. Love Crate.

Finishing up The Walking Dead: Season 2. Just finished episode 4 last night, going for episode 5 today. After that I'll be going for Batman and maybe Game of Thrones after that. But at this point I really feel like replaying Tales from the Borderlands, that was one of the best games Telltale made in the recent years.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Finished Fell Seal up to the end of its current release, and now I'm eagerly awaiting the full release (presumably in a week and a half). It really is a Final Fantasy Tactics inspired game, and in some ways even deeper (at least in terms of class variety).

But dear god is the Cleave passive and Knight's One for All ability broken to hell. Cleave gives you an extra turn if you KO an enemy (though thankfully it's capped at one extra turn per 'real' turn you get). One for All lets you attack anything within range of your weapon attacks if the target is attacked by a party member using any offensive single target attack/ability. Stick that on a dual wielding gun wielder, and a single One for All command basically turns into that character potentially executing 5+ regular attack commands in a single turn. There's debates on the steam forums for the game about how the developers should balance ranged weapon users with that ability.

Moved on to Children of Zodiarcs. It's an... Interesting game. A strange mix of tactics/card play. The game's setting is rather compelling, but the combat isn't that particularly deep so far, especially since the game forces you to end your turn after executing an action, even if you didn't yet move that turn.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

Oh, one thing I forgot to touch on that I think it TERRIBLE in AC Odyssey is the "lock on to enemy" function when you try and target a different enemy when fighting groups.  It's an absolute pain to target a specific enemy when you have a bunch clustered around each other.  Especially in those "conquest battle" things where you have to target the commanders/polemarches and there are 5 other soldiers around them, the targeting and switching target system they went with is horrible.

I finished Resident Evil 7. It was pretty good. Started doing the DLCs, but they're less so. They seem to be well made, but they twist the gameplay into weird action crud. Like the End of Zoe DLC is literally boxing the monsters. Boxing! Who thought fistfights would be a good idea?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."