What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Also did you know world hunger is caused by DRM? Also Aids.

What the hell brought on that "measured" response? I was just trying to help someone who suffered issues that seemed similar to the ones I had with that game way back when.

I know there were DRM issues with the disc version of TW1 because I suffered them. Loading screens would take forever because the game would check the disc on each loading screen (which would require the disc to spin up, usually since all the actual game data was on the hard drive), if it couldn't access the disc fast enough it would time out and crash the game (CTD). Whether or not one would experience those issues of course depended heavily on the disc drive used, but given the mention of slow loading times I figured this might have been the issue.

The digital versions obviously didn't suffer the issue due to there being no disc check DRM, for extremely obvious reasons.

But that's just your anecdotal evidence, it is required to post every time the same articles, over and over and over and over to stay relevant, else you'll be called out on bull****ting...

/sarcasm off

Do you own stock in DRM firms or something ?

The most probable outcome of all his zealous comments about every single mention of DRM is investment in Denuvo development or stock. With the exception of mkreku, even the biggest DRM proponents, I've seen, have no issues to acknowledge some DRM flaws or hickups. I've never seen him saying something like that, he immediately jumps to attacks and evidence requesting, despite loads and loads of legit benchmarks were linked here in past few months... Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Meh, people who support DRM being stockholders in Denuvo is a bit conspiracy minded really- it's any sort of drm that gets defended and iirc Denuvo is made by a privately held Austrian company. Far more likely he just hates pirates for whatever reason, so since pirates are bad any countermeasure taken against them has to be good, and if you're not for said countermeasures it has to be because you're pro pirate rather than being annoyed that you as a legit customer have to suffer through bad drm. End of the day that would be a very human logical progression.

More AC: Odyssey.

Was it historically the case that women wore men's boxer shorts under their garb?  Because every time Kassandra swims, I'm thinking she's wearing her brother's undies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Historically no one wore undies in Antics.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Devil May Cry V

Experienced the point where the camera became an issue in the battle against Malphas. I could not change the camera angle when the boss charged at me and was getting hit repeatedly, so it took several attempts, three Devil Breakers and one golden orb (instant revival) to defeat the boss.

Screenshot:

Historically no one wore undies in Antics.

Boo for lack of historical accuracy, then.  At least when it comes to the Kassandra play through. ;)

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Warhammer 2 Total War, this time as the Bretonians. I'm finally getting used to their peasant & cavalry heavy roster but I'm exasperated by the political AI which is still pretty wonky. I've actually had campaigns where all my allies pulled their weight before but right now I've been dragged into a war with all four of the Wood Elf factions and all of my millitary alliance allies are just sitting there indefinitely despite war targets being set and one of them having the so called 'reliable' trait. Not cool guys, where is your chivalry when it's needed? 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

i put TW2 Warhammer aside for now for 2 reasons: Loading times without SSD are horrible so i have to wait for new PC and second one - I got bored of sieges. It feels like 80% of all my battles are sieges and they are effing boring

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm playing Warhammer 2 Total War, this time as the Bretonians. I'm finally getting used to their peasant & cavalry heavy roster but I'm exasperated by the political AI which is still pretty wonky. I've actually had campaigns where all my allies pulled their weight before but right now I've been dragged into a war with all four of the Wood Elf factions and all of my millitary alliance allies are just sitting there indefinitely despite war targets being set and one of them having the so called 'reliable' trait. Not cool guys, where is your chivalry when it's needed? 

They are reliable, they have reliably declared war on everyone. You can expect them to keep doing that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

They are reliable, they have reliably declared war on everyone. You can expect them to keep doing that.

Yeah pretty much. It's too bad that the multiplayer campaign is limited to two people.

Also did you know world hunger is caused by DRM? Also Aids.

What the hell brought on that "measured" response? I was just trying to help someone who suffered issues that seemed similar to the ones I had with that game way back when.

I know there were DRM issues with the disc version of TW1 because I suffered them. Loading screens would take forever because the game would check the disc on each loading screen (which would require the disc to spin up, usually since all the actual game data was on the hard drive), if it couldn't access the disc fast enough it would time out and crash the game (CTD). Whether or not one would experience those issues of course depended heavily on the disc drive used, but given the mention of slow loading times I figured this might have been the issue.

The digital versions obviously didn't suffer the issue due to there being no disc check DRM, for extremely obvious reasons.

But that's just your anecdotal evidence, it is required to post every time the same articles, over and over and over and over to stay relevant, else you'll be called out on bull****ting...

/sarcasm off

Do you own stock in DRM firms or something ?

The most probable outcome of all his zealous comments about every single mention of DRM is investment in Denuvo development or stock. With the exception of mkreku, even the biggest DRM proponents, I've seen, have no issues to acknowledge some DRM flaws or hickups. I've never seen him saying something like that, he immediately jumps to attacks and evidence requesting, despite loads and loads of legit benchmarks were linked here in past few months...

You actually hit the point on the head without understanding the meaning of the word sarcasm. Hilarious.

I agree! You DO post the same articles over and over and over again, that's almost the definition of anecdotal evidence! You have a handful of examples, from cracking groups nonetheless, who have an agenda in showing how evil the DRM/anti-tamper companies are, showing their findings about how much DRM destroys SSD's (do you guys still believe that too btw?), how every framerate issue is connected to DRM, how every crash is obviously the fault of DRM (because reasons, no proof needed, no knowledge of programming needed), how.. what was it Tages was accused of? Stealing your credit card number? Who gives a ****, it's been debunked ages ago.

No-one likes DRM/anti-tamper because (like any code ever in the history of the world) it has an impact on performance and it's an annoyance. But this anti-vax-like movement blaming everything evil in the world on DRM, based on decade old debunked reports and pirate group anecdotal evidence is just so stupid. I am anti-stupid if anything.

When game developers move on from Denuvo/DRM/whatever is the next-great-evil because it takes 25% of the performance, I'll stand on the barricades against it. Until then I'm not interested in joining your little feces-slinging tribe.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Don't think anyone has ever said every issue was but I suppose if marelooke triggered you with his comment we can't hope for much.

Not sure why anyone would get a bug up their ass over piracy but people oddly care about people selling them stuff.:p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished Kiryu's real estate mini-game in Yakuza 0 and unlocked his 4th style. Now I'm all about finishing the main story.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Getting real tired of FM2018's BS :p  Every relegation zone team suddenly becomes world beaters when they face me, sort of ridiculous having to play counter against some dross team when I am at home.  Even worse when I'm away to them. 

Still in 2026 so is a ways to go before I am awash in regen characters with names like Islam Islamovich and Roman Italia :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Devil May Cry V

Heavy end-game story spoilers:

Not sure what I expected, but the conclusion of DMCV was somehow opposite to DMC3-4 - 1. One's choice and identity override any default parameters and justice (in the form of a greatsword) equally applies to everyone, even if they are your relatives; 2. You just can't let the guy who turned several cities into ruins to walk away like "weird stuff happens" and hope that he won't do the same again.

Also upgraded the game to the Deluxe Edition. I really like the "Sworn Through Swords" battle theme.

I finished Kiryu's real estate mini-game in Yakuza 0 and unlocked his 4th style. Now I'm all about finishing the main story.

That game introduced me to so many good whiskeys.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I finished up my replay of Alpha Protocol. What a glorious mess of a game it is.

When it's good, it's really good. I particularly like the characters. Even though they are a very uneven bunch in terms of tone, they are all interesting and well realized. Leland is a glorious bastard, SIE is fantastically crazy and someone like Mina is just likeable. The cast is really great.

But the tone really is all over the place. Sometimes it feels like they wanted to pull a real serious thriller, sometimes we go into something approaching anime territory and other times it just seems to be "hell yeah, explosions!!". The latter in particular is pretty annoying, both because the game doesn't do it well at all as well as it's just annoying to play stealthily and smart and then have Thorton do something completely stupid in a cutscene.

The endgame section is just a mess. It feels like it's sewn together with bits from a million different iterations or how things play out, and then ruthlessly cut down into something that just barely works.

But yeah, it's still a mostly entertaining game. The core gameplay isn't what I'd call good but I don't think it's all that offensive, except when they tried to do something more special with it. Stuff like the Brayko boss fight and fighting the helicopter near the end just don't feel very good (though Brayko's fight is such a cool setpiece audiovisually speaking).

It's a shame that it's such an up and down game, but it's still definitely worth playing.

Edited by Starwars
  • Like 4

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

When it's good, it's really good. I particularly like the characters. Even though they are a very uneven bunch in terms of tone, they are all interesting and well realized. Leland is a glorious bastard, SIE is fantastically crazy and someone like Mina is just likeable. The cast is really great.

SIE made me realize I kinda like strong woymen, especially if they are armed with a big machine gun.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."