What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I've taken over 3 of the 5 territories in Kiryu's real estate mini-game in Yakuza 0 and am at about 50% in the 4th territory. Honestly, this is wearing me out. I'm going to finish Kiryu's real estate mini-game, since I'm already this far and I might as well at this point, but I'm not going to bother with Goro's club czar game. Maybe if I didn't have anything else to play after this game I'd be more inclined to finish both mini-games, but I have all types of backlog to play and I'm not going to spend another 10 to 15 hours grinding out Goro's mini-game. It's just way too time consuming and as much as I love this game I don't care enough to grind this out.

Skipping pretty much any part in Yakuza 0 means you'll be missing out on some story. It was sort of a burnout for me as well but I gave the game a small break and then went back to it for the whole deal.

But then again, Yakuza 0 is one of those games you might want to replay someday(since the game encourages you to do so) so I guess you could skip that part if it is getting stale for you, but I personally enjoyed it.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

DMC5 - not far in, still, but feels like any backstory is largely contained in load text screens (that I often can't read all of because it loads too fast) while the rest is in cutscenes. Missions dump you into a set piece quest area where you romp around smooshing stuff with a boss at the end. Maybe it improves later. It's weird flipping between chrs vs. picking one to be the chr. for the whole playthru, and the fact each chr. uses different combat button layout makes it even weirder.

I put it on easy mode with "combat assist" since I probably would suck at the manual button combo stuff, especially when I'm more concerned about hitting the Photo Mode key than about hitting enemies. 4k Ultra is around 80-120FPS. Graphics are pretty, faces are photo-realistic at times but look rather fugly and uncanny valley up close or when moving, Lip syncing often feels a bit off, both in English and in Japanese/subtitle which doesn't help the uncanny valley aspect at times.

The whole "orb" thing for buying skills and talents feels arcade-y, although it feels like there'd be little problem amassing enough without microtransactions. Unless you suck at combat and are trying a difficulty too tall for you.

No crash issues for me yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I started up Trails in the Sky, which had been sitting around in my STEAM library forever. Been a really long time since I played a JRPG and heard good things about this one. Buuuuut, yeah... I don't know, just a short while in and the character archetypes just kinda jumped out at me. Was really not in the mood for that it turned out, maybe another time.
Seemed a pleasant game but yeah... wasn't working for me at the moment, hehe.

Fired up Alpha Protocol on a whim instead, been a while since I played it. I mean, it's a pretty cool game. Playing it now really makes me wish that things had worked out better. An Alpha Protocol with maybe a slightly bigger scope when it comes to levels and with tighter gameplay and just less "messiness" would've been truly awesome.

Still, it's a nice enough game. I like the variety of locales with Saudi Arabia, Rome, Moscow and Taipei and the character interactions are a lot of fun. Diamond in the rough to be sure.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I finished Witcher 2 for the first time recently. It took me awhile to get used to Geralt. Like a couple years of false starts before I embraced my inner edgelord. But once I embraced the setting, I had a good time with it. I had it on regular difficulty until the kraken, then I went easy to finish up the story. I'll probably get into the 3rd game in the next few years.

Now I'm back at Guild Wars 2 after 5 years off, thanks to the pictures thread. My level 35 fighter shoots a rifle at stuff and enjoys finding vista points. I have a bunch of level boosts, but I'm afraid to use them at this point. It was fun opening 6 years of birthday presents.

• Like 1

So I'm kind of terrified of Resident Evil VII. I'm back to the old strategy of saving, playing for a while, constantly saving again, then just noping out when something scary happens.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I finished Witcher 2 for the first time recently. It took me awhile to get used to Geralt. Like a couple years of false starts before I embraced my inner edgelord. But once I embraced the setting, I had a good time with it. I had it on regular difficulty until the kraken, then I went easy to finish up the story. I'll probably get into the 3rd game in the next few years.

Now I'm back at Guild Wars 2 after 5 years off, thanks to the pictures thread. My level 35 fighter shoots a rifle at stuff and enjoys finding vista points. I have a bunch of level boosts, but I'm afraid to use them at this point. It was fun opening 6 years of birthday presents.

Did you play the first game?

Even though I really enjoyed the story in Witcher 2 (best in the series) it's one of those games I just have a hard time with. Just desn't hit the spot for me at all when it comes to the gameplay. I really, really loathe the bit in the middle where you relive the battlefield.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, in terms of gameplay, writing and tone, W3 is very different from 1 and 2 - and I'd say most of the changes, especially in the storytelling department, make a much better experience than both of the previous games combined.

I played TW1 when it came out and MY GOD where the loading times long! Either way I had a blast. Then came TW2, right about the time my Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra died. So yeah, I missed 2 and till this day I haven't played past the tutorial. TW3 I played on the PS4 and it was fun but it did take me a whole lot of time to beat it. Hearts of Stone was the high-point of the game in my opinion.

Edited by Katphood

I played TW1 when it came out and MY GOD where the loading times long! [...] So yeah, I missed 2 and till this day I haven't played past the tutorial. 

Heh, same. Played tutorial, realized I really hate movement and combat, quit. Some time after -- "hey, maybe I should try W2 again, kind of want to do them in proper order". Played tutorial, remembered why I didn't proceed past it last time. Quit. 

I've grown to kinda love Witcher 1. It's very uneven and some parts are just downright bad. But, it's one of those games that just feels so ambitious and "hungry". With interesting mechanics in the alchemy system and the boons you get from reading books.
And the atmosphere is just outstanding. I think they really nailed the folk lore feel in it. Also, Vizima is probably my favorite RPG city in a 3D game.

The Witcher 3 is easily the most polished. But in smoothing the edges out I find it also removed a lot of interesting things about the series.

The Witcher 2 is just... weird.

I never finished TW1 because the loading times were killing it for me. Seriously, it was unbearable. TW2 improved this a lot.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I never finished TW1 because the loading times were killing it for me. Seriously, it was unbearable. TW2 improved this a lot.

Were you playing the disc version? I had stupid long loading screens as well (and regular crashes) which were caused by the DRM reading the disc on each load. The download versions (or the newer DRM-free ones) didn't suffer this defect, so if the DRM was the issue it might be worth revisiting the game.

*facepalm*

TW1 used Tages, read up little bit on it, before spewing another proDRM bile, please ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

*facepalm*

TW1 used Tages, read up little bit on it, before spewing another proDRM bile, please ;)

You made the claim, how about you present the evidence? Instead of spewing your pirate propaganda.. on a game developer forum, nonetheless.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Lol CDPR patching out Tages out of Witcher and offering it DRM free on GOG with visible performance boost is now pirate propaganada? Hyperbole much? :D

Don't be silly. Even if people show all the evidence there is available on legit sites on Denuvo, you are downplaying it. Why bother explaining anything, when the person on other side is not interested in listening at all.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

*facepalm*

You made the claim, how about you present the evidence? Instead of spewing your pirate propaganda.. on a game developer forum, nonetheless.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/drm-removed-ugc-added-in-witcher-patch

No, pirate propaganda would be posting stuff like this

Not merely saying one DRM sucks, and it's certainly possible.

Also, Witcher 1 was best due to the sex cards.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Lol CDPR patching out Tages out of Witcher and offering it DRM free on GOG with visible performance boost is now pirate propaganada? Hyperbole much? :D

Don't be silly. Even if people show all the evidence there is available on legit sites on Denuvo, you are downplaying it. Why bother explaining anything, when the person on other side is not interested in listening at all.

About as much hyperbole as saying someone who calls out annoying uninformed bs as a "proDRM", right?

Oh, and "I have so much evidence! So much! I just don't want to show it to you" is getting old. Change the record or shut up.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Do you own stock in DRM firms or something ?

• Like 4

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Also did you know world hunger is caused by DRM? Also Aids.

What the hell brought on that "measured" response? I was just trying to help someone who suffered issues that seemed similar to the ones I had with that game way back when.

I know there were DRM issues with the disc version of TW1 because I suffered them. Loading screens would take forever because the game would check the disc on each loading screen (which would require the disc to spin up, usually since all the actual game data was on the hard drive), if it couldn't access the disc fast enough it would time out and crash the game (CTD). Whether or not one would experience those issues of course depended heavily on the disc drive used, but given the mention of slow loading times I figured this might have been the issue.

The digital versions obviously didn't suffer the issue due to there being no disc check DRM, for extremely obvious reasons.

• Like 2