What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Edit. Completed Artorias of the Abyss (DLC). Kalameet was the most difficult boss in the game for me, partly because of the camera and target lock. Without target lock it was hard to face/avoid attacks of the dragon, with target lock it was hard to hit him.

While Kalameet isn't he boss that I needed the most tries for it was definitely the hardest boss in Dark Souls. That seems like a contradiction but that dubious honor goes to Bed of Chaos.

Edit: Oh god, I just saw what follows on Youtube, thank God I gave up on that fight. I mean, what the hell? I think I'll hold off on buying Silksong until I can find out whether the difficulty increased or decreased from the original Hollow Knight - I'd be a lot more frustrated if I got stuck somewhere during the game for similar reasons.

Wait, what did you look at? Absolute Radiance? Or the way to get to her? Both? I'm currently stuck in the Pantheon of Hollownest. Individually the bosses aren't that much of an issue, but fighting them for 30+ minutes takes a good deal of concentration and more than a few tries are barely possible to get in before I start getting tired.

Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I need a fancy, performance harsh game to play on the new rig and I'm not finding one (that I'm even remotely interested in). Last time I did this I bought the original Metro 2033. Hardly played the thing but it sure did look good at the time. I'd buy the new Metro but that means signing up to Epic/their client. Pfft.

*back to Quest Hunter and its 1000000000fps*

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Crysis :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I have reached chapter 13 in Yakuza 0. **** is getting crucial and the 2 protagonists' stories are converging. I feel like I'm heading into the final stretch. I'll probably set the main story on hold for a bit in the near future to finish the real estate and club czar stories.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have reached chapter 13 in Yakuza 0. **** is getting crucial and the 2 protagonists' stories are converging. I feel like I'm heading into the final stretch. I'll probably set the main story on hold for a bit in the near future to finish the real estate and club czar stories.

You haven't finished those? How do you expect to unlock both their final styles and have enough money to upgrade them? You thought that guts would carry you through to the end?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Devil May Cry 5 is superb so far, other than some weird camera tomfoolery at times during battles or wandering. 

The new gameplay style that V brings is actually really fun, if vastly different. But it integrates pretty seamlessly into the game and it felt a little easier to pick him up than I expected.

• Like 2

Devil May Cry 5 is superb so far, other than some weird camera tomfoolery at times during battles or wandering. 

The new gameplay style that V brings is actually really fun, if vastly different. But it integrates pretty seamlessly into the game and it felt a little easier to pick him up than I expected.

There's an option to disable auto-focus on important objects (not targeting) for camera. Also the camera exploit (demons that you don't see can't attack you) is still there.

I'm playing DMCV too and so far it's been great. The combat and animations are fluid, which is rare, because usually they are mutually exclusive. I can't quite get used to the dodge mechanic after Bayonetta (it had a separate key for dodging, DMC requires to press [Jump]+[Left/Right]), despite completing DMC3:DA-SE and DMC4 (SE). Also the keys for Nero's analogue of Helm Breaker (mid-air-to-ground attack) were changed from [to target]+[Attack] to [from target]+[Attack]. Less intuitive, but easier to spam.

The most important thing, though. V's demonic eagle-like giant pet bird. He looks so incredibly fluffy and soft. I'm not sure how hard it was to animate him, but it's so amazing.

Also the game supports 5-button mice and (for me) crashes every hour (had 4 subsequent crashes in V's first mission).

Edited by Hawke64
  • Like 1

I'm on chapter 14 of Yakuza 0 mostly doing the real estate mini-game and Miss Tatsu's (she's a freakin' badass) jobs. I mostly stuck with Thug Style for Kiryu for most of the game, but I've really grown to like Beast Style (mainly because slamming people is endlessly satisfying), so I'm splitting my money between investing in real estate and investing in Beast Style.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've been playing a bit of Diablo since it came out on GOG. Haven't played it in a *very* long time, so it's kinda funny that I actually recall some of the NPC speeches when I hear them. I don't mean just the "stay a while and listen", I mean the whole speeches like when you choose "Gossip" or when you get a quest, haha. I really played it a lot when it came out...

It's still pretty fun. I never got into Diablo II as I was one of the people who kinda fell in love with the atmosphere in the first one. It's not as effective now as it was then but it's still pretty cool. The simplicity of the game and how it works is actually kinda nice and makes it pretty easy to hop into for a quick playing session.

It's a nice game, fun to replay it after all this time.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Finished Yakuza 0. What a great ride it was. It is definitely a game that going to permanently stay in my all time favorites.

Now I think I'll beat it on legend difficulty and finish all the sub stories. I only ever completed a few and never delved too deep int the real estate royal and cabaret czar game. And apparently there was an entire pocket car race area that I had no idea existed until recently.

• Like 2

Finished Yakuza 0. What a great ride it was. It is definitely a game that going to permanently stay in my all time favorites.

Now I think I'll beat it on legend difficulty and finish all the sub stories. I only ever completed a few and never delved too deep int the real estate royal and cabaret czar game. And apparently there was an entire pocket car race area that I had no idea existed until recently.

You definitely need to do the pocket circuit mini-game. It's super fun and SHOCKINGLY in-depth. That's part of what makes Yakuza 0 so great. Some of the mini-games have so much depth to them they could be their own game. Yakuza 0 would be a terrific game on the strength of its mini-games alone, never mind the gripping, emotional, roller coaster ride that is the main story. The game has so much quality content that it's honestly almost too much.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I wish I could uninstall all the useless bloatware on my phone. Alternatively I could drop $600 to get a phone with pure Android, but that's WAY more than I'm willing to spend on a phone, so I guess I'm stuck with a bunch of useless bloatware sucking up my resources.

pepehands-transparent-background-1.png

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There is something oddly satisfying about seeing how space you have after you uninstall some games.

Last weekend I uninstalled 5 games clearing up 150 GB. This weekend I downloaded 4 games taking up 120 GB. The struggle is real.

Yeah, since SSD and me was love at first sight, my old TB HDDs are but a haze now. The only good thing I can recall is all the generous space.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Has this become the "Games You Are Uninstalling" thread? :biggrin:

I have to decide what games I'm going to leave installed on the Win7 rig and what I'm going to reinstall on the new one, still.

I still want a large HDD purely for the storage space since I like to flood them with GB's of nothing but pictures and videos that don't need mega speed just to view, but I am loving the 1TB NVMe SSD ... *stupid FFXV and its 152GB install size...*

...and I'm still playing Quest Hunter. Fairly quickly I'd lose health so rapidly to dungeon enemies that I wondered how I was supposed to progress. Then I realized I was having so much fun whacking stuff with my frying pan that I'd totally forgotten about the stat/skill point stuff. And quests to get a blacksmith. Now I can freeze enemies, do more damage, and all is well again. Ditching the fry pan made me sad tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There's an option to disable auto-focus on important objects (not targeting) for camera. Also the camera exploit (demons that you don't see can't attack you) is still there.

I'm playing DMCV too and so far it's been great. The combat and animations are fluid, which is rare, because usually they are mutually exclusive. I can't quite get used to the dodge mechanic after Bayonetta (it had a separate key for dodging, DMC requires to press [Jump]+[Left/Right]), despite completing DMC3:DA-SE and DMC4 (SE). Also the keys for Nero's analogue of Helm Breaker (mid-air-to-ground attack) were changed from [to target]+[Attack] to [from target]+[Attack]. Less intuitive, but easier to spam.

The most important thing, though. V's demonic eagle-like giant pet bird. He looks so incredibly fluffy and soft. I'm not sure how hard it was to animate him, but it's so amazing.

Also the game supports 5-button mice and (for me) crashes every hour (had 4 subsequent crashes in V's first mission).

Oh, is that why the camera has a spastic attack at random intervals? I didn't realize the "auto-focus important objects" thing happened that much. Would explain why the camera does its tomfoolery when I'm jumping through buildings, though. That's the main time it's been weird for me. I'll probably disable that on my next run through. Definitely hasn't been anything debilitating, just noticeable!

Griffon is so fluffy and so sassy. I love him. He probably does taste like chicken though

I am almost finished with my first run and I am not prepared for it. It's been an amazing ride so far - well worth the wait. There's so much love and care that went into this, it shows in everything from combat to little features. 

• Like 1

Plugging away at Dark Souls R. Taken down Angry looking bull, Capra demon, fancy moth, spider lady, molten fire slug, iron golem, gargoyle twins and so far feeling good but am at a point where not sure what weapon to invest in. Been using the Black Knight Sword and lightning spear but wondering with all the upgrades I do to a regular weapon, will it be better thank the black knight sword?

I joke about the boss names but overall, having a good amount of fun and enjoying the game.

• Like 3

--Sekiro on March 22 looks interesting.

--I still think of Kylo Ren when I watch that one chr. in DMC5. :p

--7 Days to Die ran at mostly-maxed on 4k at 60-75fps with drops into the low 50's or upper 40's with lots of zombies around. The still horribly unoptimized voxel alpha game makes for a pretty good CPU tester actually. Alpha17 looks better than before but it's never going to be a looker. I hear Minecraft with certain mods brings things to their knees too. :p

What I need is The Outer Worlds. Just to play. Hurry up, Obsidian.

I've taken over 3 of the 5 territories in Kiryu's real estate mini-game in Yakuza 0 and am at about 50% in the 4th territory. Honestly, this is wearing me out. I'm going to finish Kiryu's real estate mini-game, since I'm already this far and I might as well at this point, but I'm not going to bother with Goro's club czar game. Maybe if I didn't have anything else to play after this game I'd be more inclined to finish both mini-games, but I have all types of backlog to play and I'm not going to spend another 10 to 15 hours grinding out Goro's mini-game. It's just way too time consuming and as much as I love this game I don't care enough to grind this out.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸