What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Why do they have to put choices in my games?

I keep taking breaks from Spellforce 3 because I can't make up my mind when faced with choices.

Tell both noble houses to go to hell and ally with neither?

Marry off the sister of one of my party members to the power hungry lord of one house, give him enough power to intimidate the other house into joining us?

Or poison the guy's drink for the other lord to join?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Grinding my way through BFG:A2.  I do like the strategic map, needing to get shipyards and stuff is fun.  So am happy with the purchase,  dislike torpedoes having limited charges though - means I, what, have to get some skill with aiming and timing them ? Pah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So much for that game then

Thanks

Snip

Support said sorry but nothing they can do. I don't care enough to try to jump through hoops to learn how to play and the story up to where ever I am in the game now. I was just trying to branch out a little bit in the kinds of games I play. Lesson learned ;P

Free games updated 3/4/21

Why do they have to put choices in my games?

I keep taking breaks from Spellforce 3 because I can't make up my mind when faced with choices.

Tell both noble houses to go to hell and ally with neither?

Marry off the sister of one of my party members to the power hungry lord of one house, give him enough power to intimidate the other house into joining us?

Or poison the guy's drink for the other lord to join?

I became that way with those type of RPG's. I'd end up just wandering the world and doing whatever and ignoring decisions and talking to NPC's, until I grew bored and quit. It's not that I don't enjoy or respect such RPG's ... my brain just doesn't want to deal with such anymore and too much of such makes me want to take a nap.  ;(

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Silly thing is, it probably is the last decision before the final battle. If it weren't for it, it is a reasonable guess that I would have finished the game this evening.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I am delving into the mini games more and more. Some of them are more suited to a controller but I found that batting and dancing are much easier on a key board. I've manages to win twice so far in the cat fights but I don't think I will be playing that after all that button mashing. 

I'm still wary of delving into the Japanese games since after reading the rules several times, I still don't know what the hell is going on. Anybody know any good guides to these games?

The other thing with choices that bothers me is that the games end and the choices are set. Time freezes and your character becomes irrelevant afterwards.

Let's say you choose to help group a instead of group b when time constraints did not allow you to do both before whatever story event. The game ends and group be never received any help so... wait. After the story event, with the pressure taken off the character they could have gone and helped out. Yes, the help would be too late for the ideal outcome, but still it could have come.

Spellforce 3: if I marry off npc a to npc b, merging the two noble houses under power hungry npc b, after the story ends, what stops my character from taking their army - which would still dwarf the army of npc b - and put pressure on him, if npc a told me he wasn't behaving?

Imagine Mission were to get married and asked Revan to give her away at her wedding. After the game ends, Mission's husband turns out to be abusive. He'd get a knock at the door and find himself face to face with some very angry force users.

I am enjoying the Nuka World DLC quite a bit. It ain't perfect but there is a whole lot to do and there are also some nice decision making(choices) here and there. I also like the setting, it looks more desert-like compared to the Commonwealth.

Edit: Dear Bethesda, make sure Fallout V is as cool as The Pit/Nuka world DLC and is single-player and you'll get my money.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Damn it, The Radiance fight in The Hollow Knight is a bitch - I've been giving it attempts for the past week or so and just can't beat the damn thing. 'Spose I'm finally hitting a limit of how much time I'm willing to invest into beating a boss in a videogame - I got to see one ending at least.

Damn it, The Radiance fight in The Hollow Knight is a bitch - I've been giving it attempts for the past week or so and just can't beat the damn thing. 'Spose I'm finally hitting a limit of how much time I'm willing to invest into beating a boss in a videogame - I got to see one ending at least.

It would help if fighting her wouldn't mean having to go through the Hollow Knight each and every time.

Keep trying, it only gets worse from here on. Much worse.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Meh, I cut beating Hollow Knight to under like a minute or so - the fight's rather easy at this point. I'm still unable to even get through it without getting damaged a couple of times tho.

If by "getting worse" you mean the Godmaster content, I'm skipping that. I'm just not good enough at platformers to get through even the first gauntlet, let alone any of the other ones, so for me that's just wasted time.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild and my Switch finally turned up!

It's pretty damn good, really enjoying it so far. Only played about 3 hours... but yeah. I was kind of bored of the series after Twilight Princess. Never even played Skyward Sword.

I wish you could change the button mapping, not sure if you can. I keep trying to use the Dark Souls/Demon's Souls controls!!!!!!!

nowt

If by "getting worse" you mean the Godmaster content, I'm skipping that.

Yea, I did. Godhome has heavily beefed up versions of the Hollow Knight and The Radiance, a few new bosses and increased challenges for the old ones.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Conan Exiles is having a free weekend, so I'm giving it a whirl. There seems to be a lot to like about it. I wish it was just an MMORPG, because the server thing is wonky. Of course, we did have an almost decent Conan MMO back in the day, so I guess I just have to be happy with this weird survival/building hybrid game, by Crom.

I actually bought the two expansion DLC for Kingdoms of Amalur.

I went into the latter one, Teeth of Naros. The Greek myth aesthetic it has is quite pretty, and rather unique from what I usually see in most open world RPGs. It revolves around a bunch of humanoid stone giants who value logic over brute strength, and their struggles in adhering to this belief while following the Goddess of Wisdom, who was thought to have abandoned them after an incident long ago.

(Also, the gear from this expansion is broken as hell, at least for any kind of mage build. Using such weapons grants you a 'Primal Magic' buff that appears to double the power of subsequent magic attacks, including any elemental enchantments on your weapons. I am unsure if it applies to physical damage, but the game's dialogue in the explanation of this new weapon type seems to indicate that it only applies to elemental magic damage. As it turns out, it appears the easiest way to trigger the Primal Magic buff is to use the bow charged shot, as it appears that you require a full weapon combo to trigger it with other weapon types. I went from doing about 1,000-1,500 damage charged shots and 2,000-3,000 damage lightning storms to going anywhere in the realm of 2,000-3,000 damage per arrow and 8,000-10,000 damage lightning storms, although I did upgrade a lot of other gear at the same time. Given enemy health trends, I think that kind of damage puts even the final boss squarely into 2-3 shot territory. Shadowcaster path is just so busted with the expansion gear, when it seems people considered it the weakest in the main game.

Since you equip two weapons at once and swap between them in combat, I noticed that the secondary weapon you use will still have some passive enchantments apply to attacks you make with the primary weapon along with persistent defensive effects if any, and vice-versa, so I basically just use my staff as a stat stick now while I wreck everything with my bow.)

I returned to the base game afterwards and reached the final region, Alabastra. If there's one thing this game does well, it's capturing the mood and atmosphere. I think the game aged quite well in the art design department in the later zones. The beginning forest areas seem pretty bland in comparison to all the later zones.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 2

The pirate dlc is nice as well, even if the titans in teeth of naros have a more original feel. (Autocorrect changed Naros to Maria...)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Dark Souls: Remastered.

Defeated Seath the Scaleless. The hard part was to not let his tail clip through the walls. After 15 minutes of running around him in circles I got the Moonlight Greatsword (which I can't use effectively).

Defeated Knight Artorias. Took 3 attempts. He seemed to vary the length of his combos, depending on his remaining HP and my position.

• Like 2

I have just finished my first blind playthrough of Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition on PS4. After I have played Tales of Graces f as a first Tales of game, I have found out, that I have been missing out on one of the best jRPG series ever created. After playing few more games from the series, it became my favourite series of games as well.

I have been waiting for this game more than 5 years to be released in the West, on one the platforms I own. The long wait was really worth it. It will definitely not be my favourite Tales of game, like for many other people, because I am very bad at combat in this game :p but I've enjoyed the story and the characters, so I hope Namco Bandai will bring more of the Japan only Tales of games to the West, and that GOG could one day make a deal with them so I can purchase in also DRM free on PC :)

And with the end of the game, it happened to me after very long time, that I am sad, that the game and with it the story has concluded.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 3

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've been playing AC: Odyssey, having never played an Assassin's Creed game before.

It's good fun, though it's basically Witcher 3 but a little worse in every respect, and I find myself appreciating the effort put into the historical aspects plus it's clearly had an equal effort put into the world building. I do wish other games would take a leaf out of Witcher 3's book- hoho- and make their places of interest, well, interesting rather than just being another place to clear out. The big world building strength of Witcher 3 was not that it was huge, nor was it its somewhat (and at times very) stilted main quest line, but that it gave a good impression of being a real world where its points of interest may have been templates but had always seemed to have some unique features about them to keep interest up instead of being make work/ padding. The variety of quests AC: Oy is also just a bit worse all the time and are almost always just to kill everything or deliver something.

But it is certainly nice having a more or less full cast out of Thucydides and have them be recognisable as such and the world is huge, pretty and detailed. OTOH I haven't even been to half the world- about half the islands, 'Macedon' and  almost the entire Peloppenese including Sparta is unvisited- and I'm lvl 49, top merc and have all the sensible usable skills maxed out; and that seems a tad excessive for having half the content remaining.

• Like 1

I brought myself to like 10 million masks in Hollow Knight and I still can't even get past stage 2 of The Radiance. So I'm giving up and watching the ending on Youtube, my reaction time is just not good enough to beat that fight.

Edit: Oh god, I just saw what follows on Youtube, thank God I gave up on that fight. I mean, what the hell? I think I'll hold off on buying Silksong until I can find out whether the difficulty increased or decreased from the original Hollow Knight - I'd be a lot more frustrated if I got stuck somewhere during the game for similar reasons.

Edited by Fenixp

...A bout of restart-itis hit me in Kingdoms of Amalur and I decided to go Bow/Faeblade Shadowcaster build in my planned second playthrough after testing it out in my main file. It worked out better for me personally, because with Bow/Staff, I found myself dumping a ton of points on Finesse side into passives/sustained skills I couldn't use in order to remain on Shadowcaster path (since they either didn't work very well/didn't work at all with either weapon). But going Bow/Faeblade Shadowcaster despite both being Finesse weapons meant I was wasting less points on Finesse side and also freed up a lot of skill points on Magic side to boost spell power too.

Staff animations are nice and all, but Faeblades are really fun. Whirling blender death machine. Bow/Faeblade Shadowcaster play style reminds me a lot of Magick Archer from Dragon's Dogma.

(I now wonder though, the Might tree seems kind of boring. It got hammers, longswords, and greatswords... But a ton of enemies use spears. I think greatswords should have been replaced by spears.)

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

I brought myself to like 10 million masks in Hollow Knight and I still can't even get past stage 2 of The Radiance. So I'm giving up and watching the ending on Youtube, my reaction time is just not good enough to beat that fight.

I did that with Jotun. Lovely game that I enjoyed, but I got to the final boss, got my ass handed to me a dozen times in a row, never even coming close to winning, got super frustrated, gave up and watched the ending on YouTube. No regrets.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not good enough to finish Hollow Knight either. :(

Really sad.

Still gonna buy Silksong, though.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dark Souls: Remastered

Met Priscilla and the Everlasting Dragon and didn't cut their tails. It was hard.

Defeated Gwyndolin. Took 5 attempts - 2 to discover that magic attacks ignore columns and 1 to discover that arrows stun me (I rarely get hit with a fantasy analogue of sub machine gun). I skipped this boss in the PtD Edition and I don't remember anything similar in DSII/III (the battle against Aldrich was in a conventional arena, though some attacks were the same), so there were some surprises.

Edit. Completed Artorias of the Abyss (DLC). Kalameet was the most difficult boss in the game for me, partly because of the camera and target lock. Without target lock it was hard to face/avoid attacks of the dragon, with target lock it was hard to hit him.

Edited by Hawke64